Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52807
View in linear mode

Subject: "** I NEED HELP ****" Previous topic | Next topic
MITSURACERJul-28-03 02:26 AM
Member since Jun 07th 2003
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52807, "** I NEED HELP ****"

i finally figured out teh hesitation it was the black box, one of teh wires disconnected from the black box. so teh car ran fine all day yesterday. no problems. i went and degreased the engine. just the valve cover and what not area. i sprayed water all over though ligt stream didnt flood or anything. car ran fine i drove about an hour to be sure everything was fine. it was i parked teh car. i woke up this morning got in the car and it started fine. then BAM 3600-3700 rpm nuthin it just sputters and wont move. from idle to 3700 its fine then all of a sudden it just drops. the air fuel gauge says lean and stays there while its sputtering. oner of my buddies said it might be the ecu. please tell me its not that. thswi is what i have on my car
*star stage 2 w/ vortech fmu (boost dependent one that comes with it)
*msd 8.5 wires
*ngk 7 e's
*missing link
everything esle is stock so far. could it be the coil causing this or anything with spark or could it be not enough fuel. maybe the regulator is nt working or the vacuum hose is disconected or something. im tripping out here. the car runs great all the way till 3700 rpm. anyone have any ideas i can check after work. sorry its so long i just wanted to explain the whole egreasing thing and all. hopefully something just got wet and i can dry it out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RxR_EclipseJul-28-03 04:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52811, "RE: ** I NEED HELP ****"
In response to Reply # 0

I had that happen too. It was just spark plugs. Try the simple stuff first. When it happened to me, I could not rev above like 3k, it would sound like a rev limiter. Changed plugs, and good to go.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TJul-28-03 05:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#52817, "RE: ** I NEED HELP ****"
In response to Reply # 0

Your car is in safe mode. It may very well be because your plugs or wires are having issues.

However, since you mentioned altering your black box for better voltage clamping, I'm placing my bets that it has something to do with that. I've had episodes where a voltage clamper went haywire to me on many occasion. If you have an S-AFC, check your MAP sensor voltages. You can do the same with a multimeter.

Why are you using the black box, if you have a missing link?

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

whodatt1Jul-28-03 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#52820, "RE: ** I NEED HELP ****"
In response to Reply # 2

that was going to be my question also.. you said you had the black box, but in the mods list you mention the missing link... which one do you have? if both then take out the black box.
as far as your missfire, take out the plugs and wires and check for water could be as simple as that like RxR said.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

MITSURACERJul-28-03 06:29 AM
159 posts,
#52823, "RE: ** I NEED HELP ****"
In response to Reply # 3

i hope so. ill check all that after work. i do have teh black box and teh missing link. reason is someone on teh forum said it was the best of both worls. electrnic and mechanical together. i think im just gonna get rid of the black box though. thanks for the suggestions. ill be back if it doesnt work.

MITSURACERJul-28-03 05:26 PM
159 posts,
#52882, "RE: ** I NEED HELP ****"
In response to Reply # 4

it was the damn black box. that thing has caused me so much heartache. it sin the garbage now. i just have teh missing link by itself. never use the two together. the car runs better than ever now. what was i thinking. thanks guys

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52807 Previous topic | Next topic