Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52222
View in linear mode

Subject: "**Bad Installation Directions with Star Kit?**" Previous topic | Next topic
davo345Jul-17-03 02:57 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2003
510 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52222, "**Bad Installation Directions with Star Kit?**"

I keep hearing that the star stage 2 kit comes with HORRIBLE installation directions. Before i buy this turbo kit i would like to be prepared before installation, seeing as i will be installing it myself with a few friends.

Can anyone explain to me or send me a link to a site that has *normal* directions for install. Or, if all else fails, could i just refer to the installation directions for the Hahn kit?

thanks,

dave

bobin' and weavin' in traffic. No other place i'd rather be .

^^^^^EVERYTHING HAS TO GO.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Justin99RSJul-17-03 03:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52223, "RE: **Bad Installation Directions with Star Kit?**"
In response to Reply # 0

i bought a used star kit that had NO instructions and was missing peices and i got it all together....a turbo install is pretty striaght forward and anyone with 1/2 a brain could do it...i have seen the star instructions, although they are somewhat vague, they aren't that bad...

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

grainJul-17-03 04:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#52225, "RE: **Bad Installation Directions with Star Kit?**"
In response to Reply # 1

ya, instructions are 'vauge'. i think on there its like

install turbo, install fuel pump, stick on downpipe, and start the car. j/p little more info, just use the hrc instuctions.

whodatt1Jul-17-03 04:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#52226, "RE: **Bad Installation Directions with Star Kit?**"
In response to Reply # 1

the kit comes with a 3 page leaflet for instructions.. basically it just says place this here, replace this with this, etc. some what confusing, but not that bad, specially cus there is a lot of help here from us.
try doing a search on installing star kit, you will find all the problems and questions people had (including) myself when installing the kit.
Good luck... ohh and if you have never done anything like this before I would suggest setting aside a good 2-3 days.
Make sure you have a deep oil sensor socket and a complete wrench and socket set and lots of liquid wrench.
good luck!

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52222 Previous topic | Next topic