Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52099
View in linear mode

Subject: " too rich i think" Previous topic | Next topic
hkillrJul-14-03 09:27 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2002
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52099, " too rich i think"

i have a custom stage 1, garret t3 super 60, vortech fmu 12:1, crappy intake pipe and plastic bov, everything else stock. when i get on it hard, 5psi, its not very strong and i smell gas. what can i do??? cut off cat? larger exhaust? could the crappy intake pipe and bov be a problem? do i need a 10:1 or 8:1 disk in fmu. i no i need alot of stuff but i just want to fix it cheap so i can save some money up. ANYONE WITH AN IDEA PLEASE!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMuRiXJul-15-03 01:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52103, "RE: too rich i think"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-15-03 01:14 AM by MuRiX

Start with a fuel pressure gauge. I am not sure how you could even begin your setup without one.

Off the top of my head, a 12:1 disc sounds too rich for such a small turbo.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RicecarRSTOct-18-03 03:08 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
49 posts,
#58883, "RE: too rich i think"
In response to Reply # 1

Well are you running stock injectors? With stock injectors Vortech says to use the 12:1 but you may want to go to 10:1 and adjust your A/F with a S-AFC. Its best to have a Fuel pressure gauge and a wideband O2 with a digital read out. The digital read out can be used the same way youd use a dyno's sniffer. So you can go out and do 3rd gear pulls at your 5psi and see where your a/f is then set it with the s-afc. At least your rich and not to lean. Good luck

Eclipse2NROct-18-03 06:57 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#58900, "RE: too rich i think"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-18-03 06:57 PM by Eclipse2NR

Best to have a fuel pressure guage? LOL... I'm sorry but anyone who turbo's their car without a fuel pressure gauge is asking for it.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #52099 Previous topic | Next topic