Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #43147
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 handle more NOS?" Previous topic | Next topic
mjbdDec-19-01 02:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
252 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43147, "2.4 handle more NOS?"

Just curious, does anyone know if the 2.4 engine used in the new Eclipse's can handle more NOS than the 2.0 used in the older GS's? I know 75hp for the 2.0 is the most that it can safely handle, and have heard that turbo developers have run their turbo kits at 14 psi on the 2.4 engine, stock. So thought maybe more NOS could be used. What do ya think? Also, would a CAI help any? I know the colder the better.

95 Eclipse gone, meet the Lude. Now driving 97 Honda Prelude. Fast, but a few mods wouldnt hurt. How about a Cold Air Intake for starters...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Teamdougie2Dec-20-01 06:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43148, "RE: 2.4 handle more NOS?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nitrous Oxide is not NOS, it is N20. NOS is Nitrous Oxide Systems, they are a manufacturer of N2O systems. Just wanted to clear that up.

The 2.4L in 3Gs shouldn't be jetted for any shot higher than 75 on stock internals. Start with 50 and work your way up.

BTW- 14psi Turbo is not recommened on stock internals. Your engine will not last very long.

Check out http://www.eclipseforums.org for more info on 3Gs.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mjbdDec-20-01 02:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
252 posts,
#43149, "RE: 2.4 handle more NOS?"
In response to Reply # 1

Screw it, my 95 Eclipse is very close to being sold, and have been thinking hard today. Do I realy want a 3g Eclipse? Do I want to have the payments of a brand new car? The answer is no. I like the 3g's alot more than I used to, but I was trying to fool myself into believing I would be as happy with a 3g. The 2G eclipse's just look so sexy, no car in its price category looks quite as good. Plus, there is a 99 Eclipse GS 34k miles, loaded, asking 12k. If I could get it for about 10,500 then I would be set. I am pretty sure this will be the car I will get, and will run the NOS when I can get the money. I know that NOS does not actually stand for nitrous oxide, must be a bad habbit I got from Fast and the Furious. When I say NOS, I usually am refering to nitrous oxide. Although I do plan to run the NOS kit.

95 Eclipse gone, meet the Lude. Now driving 97 Honda Prelude. Fast, but a few mods wouldnt hurt. How about a Cold Air Intake for starters...

Teamdougie2Dec-21-01 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#43150, "RE: 2.4 handle more NOS?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hehe... damn that Fast and the Furious movie! Well, it looks like I'll be getting another eclipse, too... mine's probably totaled after last night. Remember, the 97/98/99 are pretty much the same car. You may be able to save some money finding a 97 with low miles on it. Also, you can do the key dance with the 97 and you cannot on the 99.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #43147 Previous topic | Next topic