Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #43010
View in linear mode

Subject: "what do i need to run a 125 shot?" Previous topic | Next topic
1995GSJan-24-02 10:21 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43010, "what do i need to run a 125 shot?"

What would you get to run the very occasional (but big) shot of 120?

Tell me what im leaving out

Better Pistons
2.5-3in exhaust
Crower bars

-Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, G_Talon95, Jan-25-02 08:04 AM, #1
RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, TeamAvenger, Jan-25-02 08:57 AM, #2
RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, nosty_99rs, Jan-25-02 09:09 AM, #3
RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, G_Talon95, Jan-26-02 05:44 AM, #4
      RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, Teamdougie2, Jan-26-02 10:44 AM, #5
           RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, xzolian, Jan-26-02 11:46 AM, #6
                RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, G_Talon95, Jan-26-02 11:56 AM, #7
                     RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?, Teamdougie2, Jan-26-02 04:58 PM, #8

G_Talon95Jan-25-02 08:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
72 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43011, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 0

cams,gears, rods,,,etc http://howell.mountain.net/Talon/Mainpage.html they'll have some engine stuff you need and more

i have a 91-240sx with eibach pro-kit,, kyb agx shocks,,16,7.5 k1 racing wheels,,,k&n ram air intake,,,Blitz exhaust system ,,msd wires,,and plugs ,,300lb's tooking out of car ,,, ,,and now going to save up for a GSX600,and do an engine swap sometime the

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamAvengerJan-25-02 08:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43012, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 0

Bigger fuel pump, colder plugs, iginition w/ timing retard.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

nosty_99rsJan-25-02 09:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
77 posts,
#43013, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 0

i really don't think you need a set cams and cam gears, but you might want to think about getting a higher volume fuel pump, converting to direct port (assuming that you're on dry kit or single fogger), beef up your bottom end, and get stronger clutch to help you put all that power down. i'm sure somebody will probably add to this if left anything out.

1999 eclipse rs
97-99 gs side skirts w/o door caps (looks better)
turbo high spoiler
17x7 team locos
sprint springs 2inch drop
custom turbo kit

and a number of o

G_Talon95Jan-26-02 05:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
72 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43014, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 3

sorry if im retarded for saying,,internals would help ive seen alot of ppl blowing there engine's up runing there engine's to hard, and there rods melting to there engine block ,,i just think doing all that work to your engine might make it run better and last longer,,
way ya got to hate,,if im wrong im wrong ,,i can care less what everyone else thinks,just dont call me a retard ,,for saying what i think would help your engine handle a 125 shot of n20,,but thats what i think so im not saying anyone is wrong,,,so drive the 420a and have fun

i have a 91-240sx with eibach pro-kit,, kyb agx shocks,,16,7.5 k1 racing wheels,,,k&n ram air intake,,,Blitz exhaust system ,,msd wires,,and plugs ,,300lb's tooking out of car ,,, ,,and now going to save up for a GSX600,and do an engine swap sometime the

Teamdougie2Jan-26-02 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#43015, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 4

>> Bigger fuel pump, colder plugs, iginition w/ timing retard. <<

Avenger was saying to retard the timing. Ya know, the opposite of advancing the timing. He wasn't calling you a retard. LOL! Maybe you shouldn't comment on this topic if you don't know about timing retardation when using high shots of nitrous oxide. But yes, internals are a must!!!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

xzolianJan-26-02 11:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
49 posts,
#43016, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 5

thats funny
Xzolian
x5z5o5l@earthlink.net (remove the fives to send me an email)

1996 Eclipse RS
dunk cat back
audio system

Xzolian
x5z5o5l@earthlink.net (remove the fives to send me an email)

1996 Eclipse RS
not that many.....

G_Talon95Jan-26-02 11:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
72 posts,
#43017, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 6

damn my-bad hahaha i guess i am a retard i havent been having a great week,,well sorry about that avenger and everone ,this really hasn't been a great week

Teamdougie2Jan-26-02 04:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#43018, "RE: what do i need to run a 125 shot?"
In response to Reply # 7

Been a bad week for me too, bro... I just miss my car. It's been 5 week without her. The retard thing was funny, though! lol

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #43010 Previous topic | Next topic