Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #15824
View in linear mode

Subject: "bigest turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
10secALLengineNT96Feb-16-02 08:50 AM
Member since Feb 12th 2002
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15824, "bigest turbo"

whats is the bigest turbo i could put in my 96 rs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: bigest turbo, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-16-02 08:58 AM, #1
RE: bigest turbo, Breezio, Feb-16-02 08:59 AM, #2
RE: bigest turbo, DrkWtsn, Feb-16-02 12:52 PM, #3
      RE: bigest turbo, 2bFaster, Feb-16-02 01:02 PM, #4
           RE: bigest turbo, TragikTSi, Feb-16-02 01:35 PM, #5
                RE: bigest turbo, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-16-02 02:35 PM, #6
                     RE: bigest turbo, HadesOmega, Feb-17-02 08:01 AM, #7
                          RE: bigest turbo, mitseclps, Feb-17-02 09:14 AM, #8
                               RE: bigest turbo, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-17-02 09:48 AM, #9
                               RE: bigest turbo, mitseclps, Feb-17-02 11:03 AM, #10
                               RE: bigest turbo, RyaN95i4, Feb-17-02 12:05 PM, #11
                                    RE: bigest turbo, mitseclps, Feb-17-02 01:19 PM, #12
                                         RE: bigest turbo, mitseclps, Feb-17-02 03:21 PM, #13
                                              RE: bigest turbo, mitseclps, Feb-18-02 02:42 AM, #14
                                                   RE: bigest turbo, Super20G, Feb-18-02 02:05 PM, #15
                                                        RE: bigest turbo, soldier101, May-05-05 06:47 PM, #16
                                                             RE: bigest turbo, Collente, May-05-05 06:51 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: bigest turbo, tim97rs, May-05-05 07:37 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: biggest turbo, SilverBullet20g, May-08-05 10:06 AM, #19

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-16-02 08:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15825, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

so what kit do you have now?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BreezioFeb-16-02 08:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#15826, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

well.. you COULD put anything.. but would it be a good idea? probably not. for most people a turbo that would be considered big for the car would be like a super 20G or something.. if I remember right.. I don't know too much about the different brand/types of turbos.

DrkWtsnFeb-16-02 12:52 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2002
154 posts,
#15827, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

how about this one?

2005 Subaru WRX - Not stock.

98 Eclipse - got a little bit on it ;o

89 Celica GT-S - BOOM, bye bye

2bFasterFeb-16-02 01:02 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#15828, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

WOW.....
youd have to get a trailer for that bizzatch

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

TragikTSiFeb-16-02 01:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
349 posts,
#15829, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

*ahem* 20G turbo right here!

'98 TSi AWD. '98 ESi Turbo-It's Back. '99 Cav Z24.

Amish_EclipseFeb-16-02 02:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15830, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

there's people on the board with garret t65 turbos. they usually go on the big turbo diesel engines. soo it's up to you and how much money you wanna spend. but you won't be all motor with turbo

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

HadesOmegaFeb-17-02 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#15831, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

The big question is how much power do you want. Peepz with monster turbos me including don't make any real power until like 4k. With a smaller turbo you will be able to make power faster but it'll have a limit to how much power it can give you. My t3/t4 turbo is supposedly capable of 400 HP but am I using all of that? Nope, so you have to know what goal your shooting for. I suggest you buy a book about turbos, it tells you how to build a turbo system and tune it for your car. I forget what it was called I saw it at a speedshop.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

mitseclpsFeb-17-02 09:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15832, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 7

there's a talon here in gainesville that has a green turbo on it boosting 30 psi and does 12's babying it across the line due to what i'd call "traction issues", but do you really want to spend 1200$+ on just the turbo part?

-bryan
'98 rst

Amish_EclipseFeb-17-02 09:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15833, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

if it runs 12's being babied than yeah i do wanna spend that much on a turbo }>

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

mitseclpsFeb-17-02 11:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15834, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 9

yeh...it's fast to say the least...

-bryan
'98 rst

RyaN95i4Feb-17-02 12:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#15835, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

hey, u said gainesville: g-ville, fl? or g-ville, GA?

I go to UF, are you around here somewhere? I live on campus @ Murphree Hall, maybe youve seen my avenger parked along university...

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

mitseclpsFeb-17-02 01:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15836, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 11

holy crap, dude, i'm like 5 minutes from you. i live down 13th street rite before teh arbies, lol...that's wierd

-bryan
'98 rst

mitseclpsFeb-17-02 03:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15837, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 12

this thursday nite come out to the car meet...it's down archer by the ale house, i don't think ive ever seen you around town, how long have you been here?...

-bryan
'98 rst

mitseclpsFeb-18-02 02:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#15838, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 13

^bump^ ...email me or talk to me on IM, doing anythign tonite?

-bryan
'98 rst

Super20GFeb-18-02 02:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15839, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 14

Hahn's Super 25G would be the biggest turbo you need, maby too much for street use...we'll see when its test results are revealed, bill? I have the s20g and its a bad mug, bigger the turbo the more lag you'll get which can be a bitch to drive in the city n shit..

soldier101May-05-05 06:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#85644, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 15

bigger is not always better, I would rather have a smaller turbo tuned well then a big funky ass laggy turbo any day

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

CollenteMay-05-05 06:51 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#85646, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 16

miss the old days...

Nick
97RS

tim97rsMay-05-05 07:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#85650, "RE: bigest turbo"
In response to Reply # 17

soldier, what the hells up with all the old post revivals? let the good old days go, man... get with the here and now!!!

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

SilverBullet20gMay-08-05 10:06 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#85730, "RE: biggest turbo"
In response to Reply # 18

You can still have a big turbo and have it spool fast...

1. Ball Bearing Turbos...GT30R-GT35R-GT42R, or FP3065
2. More displacement to help it spool
3. A little shot of the juice to help it out

(parting out 95 GS)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #15824 Previous topic | Next topic