Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #14176
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stage I Turbo?" Previous topic | Next topic
tenzoeclipseJan-25-02 12:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14176, "Stage I Turbo?"

If I get a stage I turbo kit, is a boost controller and an intercooler the only things that I would need? How much $ would a starion intercooler run with piping? It just seems cheaper doing this.

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

randyJan-25-02 03:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14177, "RE: Stage I Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 0

You'll need egt, af meter maybe turbo timer.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaJan-25-02 09:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#14178, "RE: Stage I Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 1

oh oh when u gonna install that EGT randy? I wanna see how it's done so I don't f#$% mine up.

Yeah so far all the extra goodies I"ve bought to get to stage 1.5 are intercooler, pipes, turbo timer (yeah baby you'll want one), oil cooler, and full exhuast system. Arghhh that's soooo much money already. Good thing the intercooler was cheap hehe. Just grab any intercooler from the junkyard. I suggest a Saab900, audi 5000S, or MX6/Probe intercooler. I've sold them b4 and they're pretty nice, but starion tops dem all.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

tenzoeclipseJan-26-02 11:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
#14179, "RE: Stage I Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 2

I know about the guages and what not. So is that what I need to go from stage I to stage II? Also how much would I be looking to pay for an intercooler and piping?

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

cyanJan-26-02 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#14180, "RE: Stage I Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 3

if you got an intercooler you would have a stage two, thats the only major difference. well that, and the resulting boost levels. you can get a starion from between $100 and $250 depending on condition and your luck. piping, you can get some ghetto pieces and put them together for almost nothing, or custom bend some for about $150 or buy the star or hahn pipes and hack them up as you need for about $200-250

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

tenzoeclipseJan-26-02 01:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
236 posts,
#14181, "RE: Stage I Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks.

Konig 18" Tantrums
Tenzo 1.5" springs
Aerogear 6-vent hood
GTR-wide wing
97+ headlights
"sports" altezza's
Taylor 8mm red wires
Brospeed header
StoneRaci

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #14176 Previous topic | Next topic