Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109800
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo leaking oil" Previous topic | Next topic
weebo66May-28-17 04:27 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109800, "Turbo leaking oil"
May-28-17 04:32 PM by weebo66

Hey guys I have a 420a with a Turbonetics T3 T4 turbocharger I can't seem to get it to stop leaking oil from the exhaust side into my downpipe I have a 5/8 drain with a 3/4 fitting on my pan so there should be plenty of flow. its mounted straight up and down my oil pressure is only at 40. I tried reducing it down to 20 psi and that didnt work either. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions I've also rebuilt to Turbo so I know all the seals and piston rings are good it just seems like it's not draining fast enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

driverx08May-29-17 09:58 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2012
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109801, "RE: Turbo leaking oil"
In response to Reply # 0

center section straight up and down?
turbo new or used? make sure drain area not plugged.
Where is the drain in the block? sound be above oil level with engine running. as high up on the pan as you can get basically.

Ride it hard and put it away wet.

I fix it to abuse it, and abuse it till i find the next weakest link.... my wallet

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

driverx08May-29-17 09:59 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2012
9 posts,
#109802, "RE: Turbo leaking oil"
In response to Reply # 1

also make sure you crank case ventilation is ok. if your crankcase is getting pressurized then it will push oil out seals.

Ride it hard and put it away wet.

I fix it to abuse it, and abuse it till i find the next weakest link.... my wallet

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109800 Previous topic | Next topic