Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109759
View in linear mode

Subject: "Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body" Previous topic | Next topic
JSep-03-14 09:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109759, "Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body"
Sep-03-14 09:25 AM by J

I've been boosted @ 20lbs on a S20G-H for a few years now, and I must say it's been great...

My IAC Valve had been flaking out on me (even after cleaning) and picked up a MP60 TB from Babbz not really needing or wanting it, but more-less as an opportunity at a good price as I knew my TB was coming off to fix the IAC. I've heard a lot about the MP60 over the years, the issues with it and how some people really liked it, but kinda discounted it as a 'love it or hate it' thing.

...but holy sh*t is the MP60 nice!

I thought it would add some pep on the lowend, but not enough to warrant the cost. I must say wow was I wrong... my car *really* screams now (even more than before), what a difference. And this is WITHOUT gasket matching or porting the intake manifold, and just slapping the thing on. I'm sure the 60mm straight through (not funneled/reduced) makes a good difference, but I wonder how much of it is due to the oblong cable tensioner/holder/whatever that's caught so much flak.

Regardless, if you're boosted, you should definitely pick one up if you get the chance!

Just thought I'd share ,
- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-03-14 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109760, "RE: Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to try one for years now, just haven't had the money and the right deal come along together at the same time.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TheRedBarrenSep-04-14 02:28 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#109761, "RE: Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body"
In response to Reply # 1

I just bought a used one for $120... cant wait to try it out!

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

VendorRed90SevSep-09-14 03:33 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#109762, "RE: Modern Performance 60mm Throttle Body"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh yeah, the MP60mm is a must have if you're turbo... Along with an AMM intake manifold........ and a 3 inch tbe. Aaaaand maybe ported head with cams...... And......

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109759 Previous topic | Next topic