Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109699
View in linear mode

Subject: "Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrAug-01-13 06:01 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109699, "Poll question: Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?"

Poll result (6 votes)
Missing link (1 votes)Vote
Fcd (5 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TurbchargdSpydrAug-01-13 08:45 PM
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109700, "RE: Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?"
In response to Reply # 0

Come on guys, really need a good poll, I've read issues with both, but I want to know the consensus these days are...

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Grothe3297avengerAug-01-13 11:59 PM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
#109701, "RE: Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?"
In response to Reply # 1

Why don't you just run both, that way if one ever fails, the other will be there. Better safe then sorry

TurbchargdSpydrAug-02-13 01:34 AM
159 posts,
#109702, "RE: Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Grothe3297avenger
Why don't you just run both, that way if one ever fails, the other will be there. Better safe then sorry

I didn't think they could be run together but then I thought about it and I don't see why not...they work in completely different ways...

Last of a dying breed...

Grothe3297avengerAug-02-13 10:16 AM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
#109703, "RE: Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yup they can be ran together, missing link will keep the MAP from seeing pressure and the FCD will prevent incorrect voltage readings. So yeah I would say just run both and call it good.

SilvrEclipsAug-05-13 04:40 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#109704, "RE: Missing link vs fcd: Which would you recommend?"
In response to Reply # 4

I never had a single issue with with my Missing Link, I would go with that, super simple install and no wiring to mess with.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109699 Previous topic | Next topic