Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109678
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pulling timing" Previous topic | Next topic
flamineclipseJul-09-13 03:57 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2003
675 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109678, "Pulling timing"

What's up guys? It's been a long time since I've posted. I just got my car running again and I have a few questions about pulling timing for higher boost. Here is a quick rundown of whats been done to the car.

JE 8:8:1 pistons
Eagle Rods
Melling Oil Pump
Arp Hardware
Hahn S20g
PortFueler
MSD coil
MSD wires
Stock Head and cams
Spec stage 3 clutch

I have a 15 PSI wastegate actuator that is showing 17-18 psi at full boost on my mechanical boost gauge. I do not hear any knocking at these levels. I would like to turn it up to 20 and beyond at some point. I have been looking for a solution to pull timing at higher boost levels and I'm not having any luck. MSD has ceased production of the 6212 and have no alternative. What would you suggest?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Grothe3297avengerJul-09-13 11:07 PM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109679, "RE: Pulling timing"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-09-13 11:09 PM by Grothe3297avenger

You didn't say it wasn't an option, but have you ever thought of going with MS?? Lot more control and the sky is the limit!?

**edit** - also what are you using to "detect" knock?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

flamineclipseJul-10-13 12:14 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2003
675 posts,
#109680, "RE: Pulling timing"
In response to Reply # 1

I'd rather not go MS right now. I just got all this stuff working. I've had it laying around for years and hate waste all the money I have invested. It just isn't worth what it used to be. I may just leave the boost where it is now and blend race fuel with 93. Someone did tell me that Accel has an ignition similar to the 6212.

Grothe3297avengerJul-11-13 10:39 AM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
#109683, "RE: Pulling timing"
In response to Reply # 2

Probably be a good idea to leave it where it's at since its running good!

SilvrEclipsJul-16-13 06:10 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#109692, "RE: Pulling timing"
In response to Reply # 3

You could add meth injection, it may keep you from having to pull timing at the higher boost pressures.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109678 Previous topic | Next topic