Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109403
View in linear mode

Subject: "Symtech "race" turbo manifold" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevMay-17-12 07:40 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109403, "Symtech "race" turbo manifold"

Anyone with this manifold think I'll be able to put my Hahn s16g on it without having to use a pusher setup? I have a Fluidyne radiator and slim fans... My Hahn manifold is warped and I'm leaking out of both sides of it, so I was thinking of getting one of these....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, Dstach, May-17-12 09:56 PM, #1
RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, VendorRed90Sev, May-18-12 02:15 AM, #2
      RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, Slo2g, May-18-12 10:01 AM, #3
           RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, PinkPixi, May-18-12 02:37 PM, #4
                RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, VendorRed90Sev, May-22-12 07:47 PM, #5
                     RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, VendorRed90Sev, May-25-12 04:55 PM, #6
                          RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, AdministratorCODE4, May-25-12 08:07 PM, #7
                               RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, VendorRed90Sev, May-25-12 10:05 PM, #8
                                    RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, 740 turbo brick, May-26-12 09:44 AM, #9
                                         RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, AdministratorCODE4, May-26-12 09:46 AM, #10
                                              RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, VendorRed90Sev, May-26-12 12:52 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, AdministratorCODE4, May-26-12 01:14 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold, PinkPixi, May-27-12 06:16 AM, #13

DstachMay-17-12 09:56 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109404, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 0

Won't it be cheaper to get your manifold milled flat?

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VendorRed90SevMay-18-12 02:15 AM
261 posts,
#109405, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Dstach
Won't it be cheaper to get your manifold milled flat?

Yes it would, but this will be the second time I'be gotten it milled. It was warped when I bought it used. Plus the symtech one is supposed to flow a little better and just looks nicer. I'm looking for a used one. Otherwise I need to find a newer Hahn manifold since when I had it milled the guy at the machine shop told me I wouldn't be able to get it done again because there wouldn't be enough material left. Didn't the newer ones have relief cuts in them?

Slo2gMay-18-12 10:01 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#109406, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 2

I cut my own reliefs when I was running a Hahn. Just some food for thought.

PinkPixiMay-18-12 02:37 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2012
66 posts,
#109408, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 3

show me a picture of your manifold I may have an idea for you.

A candle burning on both ends is twice as bright but lasts half as long.

VendorRed90SevMay-22-12 07:47 PM
261 posts,
#109413, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 4

I think I'm just going to go with the Symtech one. Does anyone who has the symtech know if the s16g will fit without using pushers?

VendorRed90SevMay-25-12 04:55 PM
261 posts,
#109415, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 5

Here's some pics. How did you guys cut your reliefs? Mine is warped, but it's minimal. As you can see, I'm running a little thin on flange material. Should I be looking for a new mani? Going the Symtech route is going to be too much work than I want right now, so I either have to use this one, or find a new Hahn.

AdministratorCODE4May-25-12 08:07 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#109416, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 6

You realize that the flange of the symtech manifold is not the same as the mitsu flange right?

---

2012 2500HD LML

VendorRed90SevMay-25-12 10:05 PM
261 posts,
#109417, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 7
May-25-12 10:46 PM by Red90Sev

I'm not using a Mitsu flange. Looks like one in the pic though. It's a t3 flange that Hahn uses through.

740 turbo brickMay-26-12 09:44 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#109418, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 8

I think hes referring to the Super16G. Those have Mitsu flanges IIRC.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

AdministratorCODE4May-26-12 09:46 AM
2552 posts,
#109419, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
I think hes referring to the Super16G. Those have Mitsu flanges IIRC.

Exactly S16G is not a T3 frame Turbo - it is not compatible with the symtech manifold.

---

2012 2500HD LML

VendorRed90SevMay-26-12 12:52 PM
261 posts,
#109420, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 10

My s16g from Hahn bolts to this t3 flange. Hahn made their 16g and 20g turbos with t3 flanges.

AdministratorCODE4May-26-12 01:14 PM
2552 posts,
#109421, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 11

Good to know - I assumed all MHI turbos used MHI turbine foot bolt patterns.

---

2012 2500HD LML

PinkPixiMay-27-12 06:16 AM
Member since Apr 04th 2012
66 posts,
#109422, "RE: Symtech "race" turbo manifold"
In response to Reply # 12

Assuming you can't get a gasket to seal it.

#1 Weld up the low spots then machine it back to flat.

#2 Weld a new plate to the old one and machine it down.

#3 Remove the old plate and weld a new one in its place and machine it.

#4 If you don't want to mess with it then just Replace it.

I would do #1 or #3.

A candle burning on both ends is twice as bright but lasts half as long.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109403 Previous topic | Next topic