Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109347
View in linear mode

Subject: "420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as tuni..." Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipsedrivr2002Apr-30-12 11:01 PM
Member since Jun 02nd 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109347, "420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as tuni..."

Hi guys,

I have been a user of this forum for many years and likewise I have spent the last 3 years trying to get my 1995 420a eclipse which is equipped with a Hahn stage 2 turbo kit and portfueler running correctly. I am a resident of New Orleans, LA and I have sent my car to a specialized import shop who overcharged me on a complete engine rebuild and did a poor job rendering my engine with piston slap as well as a slew of other mechanical problems. I currently have a new engine builder who is local building me a new complete long block but due to my time constraints, lack of knowledge and frustration I need to find a shop who specializes in our applications as well as experience with the Hahn system. My engine builder only builds the blocks and does not have a facility to install the engine afterwards.

I am tempted to call Hahn directly and see if there is a shop whom they would recommend to install their product as well as a shop which specializes in their product, but before I do so I was hoping some of my fellow 2GNT'ers might be able to suggest me to someone who would be able to help me.

I have a full-size truck as well as a trailer so I do not have a problem transporting the vehicle to a shop to have the work performed.

In advance, thanks for any input you guys might have - I really hate to give up on a dream to have my 420aTurbo running the way I always wanted it to be.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., streetlightning, May-01-12 08:54 AM, #1
RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., Eclipsedrivr2002, May-01-12 09:06 AM, #2
      RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., Eclipsedrivr2002, May-01-12 09:41 AM, #3
           RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., streetlightning, May-08-12 09:04 AM, #4
                RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., Eclipsedrivr2002, May-08-12 11:32 AM, #5
                     RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., streetlightning, May-08-12 11:45 AM, #6
                          RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., PinkPixi, May-12-12 10:08 PM, #7
                               RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., Eclipsedrivr2002, May-14-12 10:28 AM, #8
                                    RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..., Gruff511, May-16-12 12:10 AM, #9

streetlightningMay-01-12 08:54 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109348, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 0

youll be hard pressed to find a shop to drop that engine in, and expect them to take resp if something goes wrong since they didnt build the engine.. How far you willing to travel?

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Eclipsedrivr2002May-01-12 09:06 AM
24 posts,
#109349, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 1

The engine builder that is building it has about 30+ years in engine overhaul and assembly as well as the fact that it is his father's business. I need a shop who is able to remove and install the engine as well as all of the aftermarket features. As far as the drive - I am prob. willing to transport it about 600-800 miles if I had to.

Eclipsedrivr2002May-01-12 09:41 AM
24 posts,
#109350, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 2

Just spoke to some of the pro's at Hahn - hopefully they give me a call back with soem good news

streetlightningMay-08-12 09:04 AM
778 posts,
#109365, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 3

^ Gl with that.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

Eclipsedrivr2002May-08-12 11:32 AM
24 posts,
#109369, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 4

Just heard back from Jessie and Bill at Hahn - they will be taking my car to the shop in flordia to get my problems resolved. Can't ask for more!

streetlightningMay-08-12 11:45 AM
778 posts,
#109370, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 5

nice, hell ordering parts from them has always been like pulling teeth. gl on the build! make sure you get some sorta estimate.. id hate to see the price run away on ya.

PinkPixiMay-12-12 10:08 PM
Member since Apr 04th 2012
66 posts,
#109392, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 6

Every time there is an issue you will be scratching your head and having to look it up or ask some one for help.

The best thing you could hve done was tackle it your self.

Every bit of information that you will need is on this and many other site just a few clicks away, and if not I am sure that you could have gotten the information from members.

I promise it wont be long.

A candle burning on both ends is twice as bright but lasts half as long.

Eclipsedrivr2002May-14-12 10:28 AM
24 posts,
#109393, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 7

I could research and try to troubleshoot the situtation myself but I have enough on my plate which taking on another task is too much. I would rather let the professionals do the work to their standards. The peace of mind outweighs any cost.

Gruff511May-16-12 12:10 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#109400, "RE: 420a Turbo car in need or an experienced shop who can handle an install of an engine as well as ..."
In response to Reply # 8

Id like to know how much Hahn quoted you to do something like this? lol

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109347 Previous topic | Next topic