Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103533
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo kit Suggestions" Previous topic | Next topic
1996BlackGSntMay-11-08 10:24 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2008
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103533, "Turbo kit Suggestions"

Ok ive heard HRC Star...But i want to build my own turbo kit so i was looking at like....

T3/T4 Log manifold
Garret t3 turbo

And thats as far as i got..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, lild14, May-11-08 11:22 AM, #1
RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, DSMechanic97, May-11-08 01:19 PM, #2
RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, djtrickee, May-11-08 04:10 PM, #3
      RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, DSMechanic97, May-13-08 04:11 AM, #4
           RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, DytDSM, May-13-08 07:20 AM, #5
           RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, djtrickee, May-13-08 07:21 AM, #6
           RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, totaleclipse_05, May-13-08 11:37 AM, #7
                RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, 2GeclipseRS, May-14-08 10:19 AM, #8
                     RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, rd2rock, May-15-08 05:16 PM, #9
                     RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, RoninEclipse2G, May-16-08 04:59 AM, #10
RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, 1996BlackGSnt, Aug-20-08 12:52 AM, #11
      RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, Moderatorcs82685, Aug-20-08 07:10 AM, #12
           RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, 2GeclipseRS, Aug-27-08 02:00 PM, #13
                RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, Agas, Aug-27-08 02:06 PM, #14
                     RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, foggy45, Aug-28-08 03:42 AM, #15
                          RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, Flipboi89, Aug-28-08 04:35 AM, #16
                          RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, Moderatorcs82685, Aug-28-08 05:24 AM, #18
                          RE: Turbo kit Suggestions, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-28-08 05:20 AM, #17

lild14May-11-08 11:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103534, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=search&select_forum=8

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMechanic97May-11-08 01:19 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
15 posts,
#103535, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 1
May-11-08 04:37 PM by Star Turbo Talon

1 warning. do it again and I will make it very hard to log in!

djtrickeeMay-11-08 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#103536, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DSMechanic97
Have a kit for sale if you are interested.....

Even after finding out how many posts you need to post in FS/WTB you go and post for sale shit here?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

DSMechanic97May-13-08 04:11 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
15 posts,
#103546, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 3

What is your guys' deal? All I was trying to do is help this guy out you say your mission is to try to keep loyal members, so how are you suppose to do that if you block areas and stuff like that. You make me not even want to come on this site anymore. It pisses me off that you guys are so bitter, giving warnings and shit. I mean if it comes down to it ill just go to DSMtuners and post there. Yea I may be new to most of this stuff but all I am trying to do is be an active member and no matter what I do all I get is criticism!

DytDSMMay-13-08 07:20 AM
Member since Dec 12th 2007
51 posts,
#103547, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 4

The reason you cant post in the BST section is because your post count is to low. It is meant to weed out people who are here to just sell stuff/rip people off. The admins want to make sure your here for the community and not just to sell your stuff and move on. Im sure its nothing personal against you, just follow the rules and you will be fine.

djtrickeeMay-13-08 07:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#103548, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 4

I mean if it comes down to it ill just go to DSMtuners and post there.

See you later then.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

totaleclipse_05May-13-08 11:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#103549, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 4

All I was trying to do is help this guy out..

All your trying to do is pawn your stuff off. Everyone else here has followed the rules to be where they are. If you can't do that, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

2GeclipseRSMay-14-08 10:19 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#103553, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 7

In before the lock.....

Tuners isn't going to treat you any better.

Trust me. Alot of us post on there also.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

rd2rockMay-15-08 05:16 PM
Member since May 14th 2008
10 posts,
#103563, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 8

lol honestly that the best way to go to avoid scam

RoninEclipse2GMay-16-08 04:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103564, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
In before the lock..... Tuners isn't going to treat you any better. Trust me. Alot of us post on there also.

ditto

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

1996BlackGSntAug-20-08 12:52 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2008
35 posts,
#104111, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 1

smartass.

Sadly enough every time i search i find stupid things where people bash on other people for trying to ask for some information

Moderatorcs82685Aug-20-08 07:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#104112, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 11

Start here:

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Turbo

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

2GeclipseRSAug-27-08 02:00 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#104167, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 12

Steal the turbo parts from a volvo semi truck.

Easy turbo kit.

Make a top mount from an old header and brace it so you can run that big monster turbo.

Run 1000cc injectors and an hks f-con pro.

Baller status.

Dont forget the bee*r rev limiter.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

AgasAug-27-08 02:06 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
97 posts,
#104169, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 13

for building your turbo kit you're gonna need some way to boost up your fuel pressure with the boost you're gonna be adding. you'll also need a wastegate (internal or external will help you decide what kind of manifold you will be going with) downpipe to connect your turbo system to your exhaust an intercooler is a good idea if you're running more than 4 or 5 psi, a blowoff valve, and some way to monitor it all...boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge at least.

foggy45Aug-28-08 03:42 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#104170, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 14
Aug-28-08 03:44 AM by foggy45

the reason so many people jump on this is because people post up expecting a list of stuff to go buy and bolt on.
well our car isnt a civic or a 240sx, therefor apart from the "pre-made" Hahn and star kits, EVERY one is a one off custom job.
everybody has different end goals and budgets. there are Too many options but they are all conected, read on

the next reason is because there is tuning required to get the 420a up to par when adding a turbo kit, some theory and background on turbochargers, fuel systems, and engine management is required.
a few months back i started to write a book about turbocharging the 420a, i realised quickly that a bullet to my head would be less painful then trying to cover every option in doing a turbo. and i realised that i kept referencing tugbocharger theory books.

Corky Bell's, Maximum Boost. avaliable at any book store as well as e-bay.

now after you read that, you will see a list start to form. now this list is VERY general and non specific.
Turbo, Wastegate, Manifold, Downpipe, Oiling supply and return, Fuel supply, etc

after you have made that generic list you can go through parts you want and fill in the blanks for what ya need / have. then the previously generic list starts to take form FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION (Sweet huh?!) and you can also see what you need to find or make decisions about, and you can also see places where you might want to upgrade somthing.
when your done you should have a complete custom setup with the parts you need and you will know the resons why you selected those parts and how they will all go together.

now you can start posting about specific items, ie "my goal is 8psi and a DD, do you guys recomend the SMU or SFMU for my application?"
that will get you better and more specific answers (that will actually help you) from us then by saying "hey what fuel setup do i need to go turbo?"

see now thats how you turbo the 420a

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Flipboi89Aug-28-08 04:35 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104171, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 15

^lol

just search a lil better

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

Moderatorcs82685Aug-28-08 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#104173, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 16

^^points, good post foggy

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

RoninEclipse2GAug-28-08 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104172, "RE: Turbo kit Suggestions"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by foggy45
see now thats how you turbo the 420a

Nicely said foggy.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103533 Previous topic | Next topic