Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9882
View in linear mode

Subject: "your opinions please" Previous topic | Next topic
ajNov-20-01 03:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
280 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9882, "your opinions please"

i got a 96.took off the fcd,worked fine even under boost.i don't know if i really need it in my car.if i take it off think i'll hurt anything?it's just there so we don't get fuel cut under load right?if i don't get fuel cut w/ out it then think i don't need one?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMuRiXNov-20-01 03:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9883, "RE: your opinions please"
In response to Reply # 0

It is there to cure the flat spot that occurs when you transition from vacuum to boost due to the voltage reading.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TNov-20-01 04:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#9884, "RE: your opinions please"
In response to Reply # 0

If you don't have any sort of fuel cut or hesitation, keep it off.

Why? Because if it's not preventing the aforementioned, then you can get the maximum ecu output voltage to your injectors without a voltage clamp setting a limit that's possibly lower than max fuel injector output.

Example: (map sensor voltage) FCD sets voltage clamp at 4.6 volts to prevent fuel cut at ~4.8 volts. Max fuel output voltage output is at 4.7 volts. Therefore, at 4.6 volts, you're not getting maximum fuel output (injector pulse) under boost.

(I may be a little biased from my own very long history with bad FCD's)

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-20-01 05:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#9885, "RE: your opinions please"
In response to Reply # 2

If you're not getting fuel cut, leave it off.

Did you get the email we sent you, AJ?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ajNov-21-01 02:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
280 posts,
#9886, "RE: your opinions please"
In response to Reply # 3

got it,thanks bro'.....and everybody else...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9882 Previous topic | Next topic