Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #98576
View in linear mode

Subject: "1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?" Previous topic | Next topic
BlizareDec-15-06 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98576, "1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"

Block was just bored .020" over and I just got it back here and 1 of the pistons doesn't fit into the cylinder???

After measuring them I came up with 87.9mm for 3 and 88.5mm on the fucked one.

P/N are the same on all the pistons? Has anyone had this issue?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, Keith2172, Dec-15-06 11:51 AM, #1
RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-15-06 12:03 PM, #2
      RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, thedawg, Dec-15-06 05:00 PM, #3
           RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, jack_of_trades, Dec-15-06 06:56 PM, #4
           RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, shazow1969, Dec-15-06 06:57 PM, #5
                RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, eclipserst3, Dec-16-06 10:12 AM, #6
RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, thedawg, Dec-16-06 07:27 PM, #7
RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, Blizare, Dec-18-06 04:05 AM, #8
      RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, Blizare, Dec-18-06 06:22 AM, #9
      RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, mike_d, Dec-18-06 07:20 AM, #10
           RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, shazow1969, Dec-18-06 01:41 PM, #11
                RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, idlook2, Dec-18-06 02:09 PM, #12
                     RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, thedawg, Dec-18-06 05:17 PM, #13
                          RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, Blizare, Dec-19-06 10:21 AM, #14
      RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?, Graph-X, Dec-21-06 06:48 AM, #15

Keith2172Dec-15-06 11:51 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98577, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 0

Where'd you get the pistons?
There was some dude comlaining about the same type of issue (though his were compression issues) that he ordered from *** (I don't remember who and am not into libel)

If you bought them from a dealer take/send 'em back and tell them what's up

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Dec-15-06 12:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#98578, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow that's pretty messed up, I would be on the phone with whoever I bought them from and have a new set on the way.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

thedawgDec-15-06 05:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#98580, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 2

:brokeoff

jack_of_tradesDec-15-06 06:56 PM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#98581, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 3

Generally a shop asks for all of the pistons when you send them the block. I'm surprised they didn't catch this before you did.

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

shazow1969Dec-15-06 06:57 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#98582, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 3

Your machine shop screwed you also. If they had a clue what they were doing, they would have told you about the issue before machining the block, and matched the bores to the piston size.

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

eclipserst3Dec-16-06 10:12 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2006
204 posts,
#98586, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 5

got my internals from race eng. 5 bus. days. all good.

got that megasquirt!

thedawgDec-16-06 07:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#98591, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-16-06 07:29 PM by thedawg

Originally posted by Blizare
Block was just bored .020" over and I just got it back here and 1 of the pistons doesn't fit into the cylinder??? After measuring them I came up with 87.9mm for 3 and 88.5mm on the fucked one. P/N are the same on all the pistons? Has anyone had this issue?

BTW,
stock = 3.444"
87.99mm = 3.464" or ".020 over"
88.5mm = 3.484" or ".040 over"

Someone just mixed up. The part numbers are the same, but you have to pay attention to the size as well. Post the vendor name so we can laugh at them again.

BlizareDec-18-06 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#98598, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 7
Dec-18-06 04:07 AM by Blizare

So the one piston is a .040 over. wtf? I'm pissed off now.

I'll post the name of the company after I speak with them

Can I call my CC company and tell them to stop the payment or something is it gets ugly??

Fuckin' Fuckers

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

BlizareDec-18-06 06:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#98599, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 8
Dec-18-06 06:28 AM by Blizare

okay. you can't use one .040 and 3 .020 together can you ??

Seriousley. now they want me to ship these back on my dime, py $720 to special order them from JE again and then when they get these back they'll credit my CC and ship the new ones out.

What a pain in the ass. How do you screw that shit up??

Oh I guess I'd have some problems with the rings then huh. Jesus H. I'm effin pissed now.

CNC motorsports is where I got them from and I don't think this is anyones fault there so I can't blame them but shit. this effin blows.

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

mike_dDec-18-06 07:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#98600, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 9

Call or Email JE directly. I had a problem when they sent me the wrong set of rings and they sent me a new set without even having to send back the wrong ones.

95 Talon ESi-T

shazow1969Dec-18-06 01:41 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#98603, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 10

JE is good people with great customer service Call them they will probably let you send the one oddball piston back and send you one at no charge.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

idlook2Dec-18-06 02:09 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2006
49 posts,
#98604, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 11

Actually JE is no help either, they said they wont let us send it back and get the right sized one, and they wont even let us buy one piston. We are pretty well fucked!!!!!!!

thedawgDec-18-06 05:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#98605, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 12

Did you actually talk to JE or just the vendor? JE has been very helpful to me personally.

Since when is the 420a application a special order? It's a standard stock item.

It's true they won't sell one piston. They will sell you five.
Sell the other 4 on ebay.

BlizareDec-19-06 10:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#98607, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 13

Well now CNC is sorting it out. I shipped the pistons back to them today and they're sending out new ones. It's funny that it took me telling him I was going to chargeback the pistons on my visa for him to even think about helping out.

Meh. live and learn.

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Graph-XDec-21-06 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#98626, "RE: 1 JE pistons out of this set is too big???? wtf?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Blizare
So the one piston is a .040 over. wtf? I'm pissed off now. I'll post the name of the company after I speak with them Can I call my CC company and tell them to stop the payment or something is it gets ugly?? Fuckin' Fuckers

You can dispute the charge based on what you ordered is not what you got. Call your FI and ask to file a Regulation E dispute.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #98576 Previous topic | Next topic