Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9663
View in linear mode

Subject: "Curious how many people have blown there engines." Previous topic | Next topic
Thunderous_TalonNov-18-01 06:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9663, "Poll question: Curious how many people have blown there engines."

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Bump, Thunderous_Talon, Nov-18-01 07:55 AM, #1
RE: Bump, LunarEclipse, Nov-18-01 09:01 AM, #2
      RE: Bump, toykilla, Nov-18-01 10:00 AM, #3
           RE: Bump, TeamStan2gnt, Nov-18-01 12:23 PM, #4
                RE: Bump, klipzracer, Nov-18-01 12:26 PM, #5
                     RE: Bump, dsm1, Nov-18-01 01:22 PM, #6
                     RE: Bump, DAVE_FL (Guest), Nov-18-01 02:37 PM, #7
                     RE: Bump, fly1, Nov-18-01 03:01 PM, #8
                          RE: Bump, namelesseclipse (Guest), Nov-19-01 08:55 AM, #9
                               RE: Bump, TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-19-01 10:21 AM, #10
                                    RE: Bump, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-19-01 10:41 AM, #11
                                         RE: Bump, klipzracer, Nov-19-01 11:54 AM, #12

Thunderous_TalonNov-18-01 07:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9664, "Bump"
In response to Reply # 0

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LunarEclipseNov-18-01 09:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#9665, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 1

this is or I mean would be an informative post if people would vote. common turbo people, this isn't a presidential campaign.

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

toykillaNov-18-01 10:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#9666, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 2

Not yet...doing rebuild soon to prevent it though...

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

TeamStan2gntNov-18-01 12:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#9667, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 3

I would vote but I feel I'm disqualified with forged pistons.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

klipzracerNov-18-01 12:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#9668, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 4

i would vote too but the turbo'ed engine i blew up was my GSX

dsm1Nov-18-01 01:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#9669, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 5

Turbocharged 1 year now. No problems.{knocking on wood}

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

DAVE_FL (Guest)Nov-18-01 02:37 PM

#9670, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 6

6 months here and no problems whatsoever. My car never had a check engine light either. Never, and it has 83,000 miles on it.

fly1Nov-18-01 03:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9671, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 5

I blew my motor after about 10K miles, but from overboosting, not detonation. I had cracked piston rings.

Kon Chittavong
Boosted by HRC

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

namelesseclipse (Guest)Nov-19-01 08:55 AM

#9672, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 8

around 6 months of being Turboed and still don't have problems. I'm even running 8psi daily....Just went from San Jose to Bakersfield and back with no problems....just have a check engine light that won't go away...

TeamJeff_99gsNov-19-01 10:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#9673, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 9

I am pretty sure my engine is on its way out the window.

I never overboosted. (never even saw 8psi).
I never ran the car too lean.
I never let my EGTs get close to 1600.
I always kept my eyes on my gauges, and they were always reading perfectly.

Maybe I will be the first to truly lose my engine simply because of the fact that I strapped on a turbo.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-19-01 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#9674, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 10

No such thing.

When it goes, i'll bet you money when you tear it down, you'll find a cracked ring land, bad HG, something. High output turbocharging is actually eaier on a motor load wise that the same output NA.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

klipzracerNov-19-01 11:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#9675, "RE: Bump"
In response to Reply # 11

and fly1 i belive the reason you pistons cracked was due to detonation not "over boosting". boost is not what makes your rings crack it's lack of fuel or too hot of intake temps( high boost no intercooler, too low octane gas, etc)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9663 Previous topic | Next topic