Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90764
View in linear mode

Subject: "More Turbo Questions" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoROct-19-05 04:19 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90764, "More Turbo Questions"

So my latest trip to the track leaves me very upset. At 5psi of boost I only shoot a 17.2 that is only 1.4 seconds faster than my n/a time. Now keep in mind I only had one pass and launched it at 2000rpm with a 2.7 60ft time. Anyway so my question is this rite? Also, I will be going stage 2 when I return from boot camp so I will have a hahn front mount and boost 9psi. I also would like to know if the UDP and Fidanza Cam gears along with 55mm throttle body will show big improvements? I really want to know though if going from 5-9 psi will bea noticeable difference

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: More Turbo Questions, injendsm, Oct-19-05 04:26 PM, #1
RE: More Turbo Questions, djtrickee, Oct-19-05 07:07 PM, #2
RE: More Turbo Questions, EclipseTenzoR, Oct-19-05 07:17 PM, #3
      RE: More Turbo Questions, djtrickee, Oct-19-05 07:28 PM, #4
           RE: More Turbo Questions, EclipseTenzoR, Oct-19-05 08:22 PM, #5
                RE: More Turbo Questions, bokchoi, Oct-19-05 08:34 PM, #6
                     RE: More Turbo Questions, EclipseTenzoR, Oct-19-05 08:37 PM, #7
                          RE: More Turbo Questions, bokchoi, Oct-19-05 09:08 PM, #8
                               RE: More Turbo Questions, powellds, Oct-19-05 09:44 PM, #9
RE: More Turbo Questions, TeamAvenger, Oct-20-05 04:38 AM, #10
RE: More Turbo Questions, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-20-05 09:50 AM, #11

injendsmOct-19-05 04:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90766, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 0

with boost, ive always seen it said that its better to go with a 60mm tb since it allows more airflow. 55mm is ideal for na or nitrous setups.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeOct-19-05 07:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#90771, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 0

ehh...

C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

EclipseTenzoROct-19-05 07:17 PM
2386 posts,
#90772, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 2

DJ, what the fuck is up with you and your posts? Either leave a post pertaining to the topic or go fuck off? I am still amazed that with all the useless posts that you make and as many people that you piss off, no one has put you in your place yet. I wish the mods would keep people in line when responses are posted like this. Tis the reason why we have no more off-topic sections because some people can't handle it. So again.. DJ fuckin speak english, leave a response worth reading or fuck off. THANK YOU!

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

djtrickeeOct-19-05 07:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#90774, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-19-05 07:30 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
DJ, what the fuck is up with you and your posts? Either leave a post pertaining to the topic or go fuck off? I am still amazed that with all the useless posts that you make and as many people that you piss off, no one has put you in your place yet. I wish the mods would keep people in line when responses are posted like this. Tis the reason why we have no more off-topic sections because some people can't handle it. So again.. DJ fuckin speak english, leave a response worth reading or fuck off. THANK YOU!

Go ahead and put in my place then you... Tell me after 2 days of boosting how you have been able to achieve the desires you wanted on the track? hmmm? oh yea. ok???

So tell how me what I quoted in French is so god-damn insulting???

EDIT:
Oh, I forgot. This is above you...

Here's the translation:

C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgero:

Practice makes perfect.

http://french.about.com/library/express/blexdico-c.htm

Simple isn't it?

But that wouldn't be beyond you would it, since you installed your own turbo kit and all...

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

EclipseTenzoROct-19-05 08:22 PM
2386 posts,
#90775, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-19-05 08:34 PM by EclipseTenzoR

I apologize

Practice makes perfect.

On another note, I don't see reason to insult me about not installing my own turbo kit. After the many posts I made here asking questions about how it works and how to set the system up I did get the full understanding how to install it. But, with my luck with vehicles, the down time it would have taken me to install it and the lack of work area not to mention no alternative means of transportation I just went ahead and had it installed by a shop. Just because I didn't do it doesnt mean I wouldnt have eventually figure it out doing it myself if I had the work area. But I don't expect anyone to understand where I am coming from with this. I had the money to get it done so I went ahead and had it done so I could enjoy the turbo goodness before I leave to full-fill other duties many people dont understand or respect

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

bokchoiOct-19-05 08:34 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
#90776, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 5

I have a 60mm tb, extrude honed mani, and atx just like you...and also a small boost leak and @5 psi my track time was high 15s. I still have a lot of tuning to do and hopefully things go better with my car...but yeah, I would recommend getting a bigger tb because I rode in my friend's turbo atx with a stock tb and mines was definetly more responsive.

EclipseTenzoROct-19-05 08:37 PM
2386 posts,
#90777, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 6

How do you launch your vehicle?

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

bokchoiOct-19-05 09:08 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
#90778, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 7

heh a little roll seemed to be my best option...ive tried stepping on the brakes and revving it to 2000-2500 rpm then letting go the brakes, it works about the same. What mods did you do for your tranny?

powelldsOct-19-05 09:44 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
#90779, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 8

Damn, I pulled a 15.9 when I was N/A with all stock internals, 17.2 at 5psi sounds very horrible. But, you did gain 1.4 seconds from your na time, that sounds about right. You are auto huh?
~Jeffo

Like my tail lights? Get used to looking at them.

TeamAvengerOct-20-05 04:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#90782, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
So my latest trip to the track leaves me very upset. At 5psi of boost I only shoot a 17.2 that is only 1.4 seconds faster than my n/a time. Now keep in mind I only had one pass and launched it at 2000rpm with a 2.7 60ft time. Anyway so my question is this rite? Also, I will be going stage 2 when I return from boot camp so I will have a hahn front mount and boost 9psi. I also would like to know if the UDP and Fidanza Cam gears along with 55mm throttle body will show big improvements? I really want to know though if going from 5-9 psi will bea noticeable difference

That's not right. I ran 16.9 as an NA Auto (I was bolt on king at the time). Don't launch at 2k rpms. Power brake until the car is about to lurch forward. I don't remember what rpm that is but it's not 2k. Your 60' should be lower too. 2.5-2.6 if I remember correctly. You should be running low 16s / high 15s.

All those mods you mentioned will help. I wouldn't really bother with the cam gears though.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

eclipse982nrRSTOct-20-05 09:50 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#90788, "RE: More Turbo Questions"
In response to Reply # 10

Craziness I smell in the air.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90764 Previous topic | Next topic