Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9066
View in linear mode

Subject: "insurance? and turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
ziggydbNov-10-01 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9066, "insurance? and turbo"

Do people who have turbo their rs's and gs's tell the insurance company? My dad said if you dont and they find out they can sue you for not. So if I buy a hahn turbo do I need to replace anything or can I use all of what they give me? Because What is wrong fuel pressure regulator? thanks

dave

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: insurance? and turbo, DAVE_FL (Guest), Nov-10-01 11:08 AM, #1
RE: insurance? and turbo, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-11-01 06:40 AM, #3
      RE: insurance? and turbo, TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-11-01 06:47 AM, #4
           RE: insurance? and turbo, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-11-01 02:39 PM, #6
                RE: insurance? and turbo, TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-11-01 03:31 PM, #7
RE: insurance? and turbo, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-10-01 11:16 AM, #2
RE: insurance? and turbo, Super20G, Nov-11-01 02:12 PM, #5
      RE: insurance? and turbo, Teameclipse804, Nov-11-01 04:21 PM, #8
           RE: insurance? and turbo, thedawg, Nov-11-01 05:18 PM, #9
                RE: insurance? and turbo, LunarEclipse, Nov-11-01 07:15 PM, #10
                     RE: insurance? and turbo, whodatt1, Nov-12-01 02:38 AM, #11

DAVE_FL (Guest)Nov-10-01 11:08 AM

#9067, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

NO WAY!!! Dont tell them that. Would you tell your girlfreind that you were cheating on her? Would you tell the police that you robbed a bank? I have progressive and I have an extra $1000 insurance for anything bolted on to my car.

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stage 2

Orlando DSM www.orl.dsm.org
DAVE99@cfl.rr.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinNov-11-01 06:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9068, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

How did you get the insurance company to add another $1000 for bolted on items? I've got Geico and have tried to get some supplemental insurance for mods. They say the only way to do it is send them reciepts for the items and reciepts for the install labor. But I buy most stuff used in cash and install it myself! I'm scared that someone will hit my car and I'll be out alot of $$$.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

TeamJasonESi_TNov-11-01 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#9069, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

Just have your receipts or at least try to have things valued and in writing. Why?

In the practice of law (in civil litigation), the injured party is as you find them. That means, you do not necessarily have to have a stock car to claim whatever damages you incur. If you have a million dollar car and its totalled due to another person's negligence, that person owes you for your damages.

Just be able to prove your damages to a judge (besides the negligent person's liability) and they WILL have to pay you for whatever amount is assessed.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

ModeratorCorbinNov-11-01 02:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#9070, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 11-Nov-01 AT 07:41 PM (PST)

You got me thinking, Jason, and now that I think about it, I shouldn't be worried at all. If someone hits me, then its THEIR insurance that will cover it. All of my parts will still be on the car, albiet smashed, and they will have to pay for similar replacement. Sometimes I get confused about insurance. My policy should be fine, because there is a very very low probability of me hitting someone (never have). I've been rear-ended 3 times, so I'm just waiting for the next person to hit me.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

TeamJasonESi_TNov-11-01 03:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#9071, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

LAST EDITED ON 11-Nov-01 AT 08:32 PM (PST)

That's exactly my point, Corbin. In the realm of law/personal injury/insurance claims, don't worry about losing out on mods $$$ unless the accident is your fault. Otherwise, always remember...

"You take your plaintiff (or victim) as you find them." Otherwise known as the egg-shell plaintiff. There is a famous case known for this when a plaintiff gets injured for what most people would find ridiculouslessly harmless. However, the victim in the case was especially "fragile." Common sense in my first years torts class would have me believe that the Plaintiff shouldn't have a right to claim or recover such damages that would otherwise not have occurred to a "normal" person. That was not the case, however, as the Court, and all other courts have concurred, that you take your victim as you find them, no matter how ridiculous or sensitive that victim might be,...so long as that individual can rightfully claim those damages through legitimate means.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-10-01 11:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#9072, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

HRC kits come complete with everything you need.

If you tell your insurance company, there isn't a damn thing they can do. No matter what you stick on your car, it's still an RS/GS/Esi, and listed as a NON TURBO and insured accordingly. They could sue you if you bought a GST, told them it was a RS, and paid $200 a month lower than you were supposed to for a year or something. It's not the same thing.

They can't sue you, they just won't insure the turbo or kit in the event of an accident. I've (and many others) had my kit on for about a year now, and had several dealings with my insurance company in that time. They've seen under my hood, they know what i've done to it. They're impressed, frankly. they don't care, it's still a GS as far as thier concerned.

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, click HERE:
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/
No MP3 for YOU!
Somehow, the Proud Owner of not-your.biz

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Super20GNov-11-01 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9073, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

I have extra coverage for bolt on stuff with allstate insurrance. Not enough to cover a 1/4 of the money thats in it, but the car is only driven a couple days a month and garaged with a cover over it the rest of the time.. So if the house falls on it, then who cares, homeowners covers that. lol
--
Brad Rickard
98 GS HRC Stage V (nuff said)

Teameclipse804Nov-11-01 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#9074, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

Hmmm when I was talking to an insurance adjuster last time, they said that if they see a lot of mods on a car that's been in an accident, they won't cover it, because you mod it to go faster. I guess it's kinda like saying if you mod it you want a faster car so you can drive more aggressively (which is the reason behind insurance for turbos being more expensive). Is there any validity to what he said? BTW, should I tell them about my paint job too, will that change anything?

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom - Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

thedawgNov-11-01 05:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#9075, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

I got an RS with the intention of eventually turboing it and not telling my insurance because I'm not 25 and there's no way I could afford the GS-T insurance.

My insurance (Allied) has a clause that says any "aftermarket parts" on my car including stereo, etc. are covered 100%. This clause costs $100 extra a year I believe.

It also says I automatically lose my coverage if I get caught "engaging in any spontaneous or pre-planned speed contest." heheh

Dan Green
99'RS-T

LunarEclipseNov-11-01 07:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#9076, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 9

My insurance lady told me under her breath that she didn't want to know what I had planned, meaning they would either up the coverage or not at all

Grey 97 Eclipse GS
Greddy Evo cat
Greddy header
AEM CAI
Sprint 2" drop

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

whodatt1Nov-12-01 02:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#9077, "RE: insurance? and turbo"
In response to Reply # 10

I have progressive and they paid for my 18" wheels when they got stolen. no questions asked. no extra insurance for aftermarket parts either.

Whodatt1
97gs
Star Stage II

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9066 Previous topic | Next topic