Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #86877
View in linear mode

Subject: "Concept Illusions Kit released" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DarkEclips96Jun-14-05 05:21 AM
Member since May 23rd 2005
399 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86877, "Concept Illusions Kit released"
Jun-17-05 07:16 AM by admin4

Hey guys, this is my first post here, but have been reading for awhile now. I have been keeping an eye on the Concept Illusions kit that has now just been released and wanted to get your input on it. Does it need anything else? Anyone planning on buying it, seems like a good deal.

Here is link: http://www.mainsitepage.conceptillusions.com/

Edit: Just noticed they took the missing link out and boost gauge.

ADMIN- This topic has already been covered here and here

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, tim97rs, Jun-14-05 05:28 AM, #1
RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, CustomGS, Jun-14-05 05:42 AM, #2
RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, DarkEclips96, Jun-14-05 06:15 AM, #3
      RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, a_miller_76, Jun-14-05 06:55 AM, #4
RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, djtrickee, Jun-14-05 10:07 AM, #5
      RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, mcgyvr, Jun-14-05 10:18 AM, #6
      RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, SilverBullet20g, Jun-14-05 11:24 AM, #7
           RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, Teamdougie2, Jun-14-05 11:58 AM, #8
                RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, DarkEclips96, Jun-15-05 05:39 PM, #9
                     RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-15-05 07:22 PM, #10
                          RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, DarkEclips96, Jun-16-05 05:27 AM, #11
                          RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-16-05 01:11 PM, #12
                          RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, tim97rs, Jun-16-05 04:26 PM, #13
                               RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-16-05 05:30 PM, #14
                               RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, djtrickee, Jun-16-05 06:49 PM, #16
                                    RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-16-05 07:45 PM, #17
                               RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-16-05 06:03 PM, #15
                                    RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-17-05 12:15 AM, #18
                                         RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-17-05 01:02 AM, #19
                                              RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, youkickedmydog, Jun-17-05 03:08 AM, #20
                                                   RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jun-17-05 03:43 AM, #21
                                                        RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-17-05 03:58 AM, #22
                                                             RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, tim97rs, Jun-17-05 04:35 AM, #23
                                                             RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-17-05 04:52 AM, #24
                                                             RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, madhatter210, Jun-17-05 05:03 AM, #25
                                                             RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-17-05 05:10 AM, #26
                                                                  RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, djtrickee, Jun-17-05 05:20 AM, #27
                                                                  RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-17-05 05:25 AM, #28
                                                                  RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, Ducking_Fumbass, Jun-17-05 05:35 AM, #29
                                                                       RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, BRU_ce, Jun-17-05 05:43 AM, #30
                                                                            RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jun-17-05 06:19 AM, #31
                                                             RE: Concept Illusions Kit released, CustomGS, Jun-17-05 07:16 AM, #32

tim97rsJun-14-05 05:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86879, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-14-05 05:28 AM by tim97rs

since this is your first post i'll be nice. hit the search and type in concept illusions and you will without a doubt be able to answer your own questions with infinate clarity!!!! lets just say this ain't the first time that nbame has been used on this board!!!

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

CustomGSJun-14-05 05:42 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86880, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 1

Theres a discussion thread on this on the next page. There hasnt been an update on it though...here

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=85978&mesg_id=85978&page=3

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

DarkEclips96Jun-14-05 06:15 AM
399 posts,
#86881, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 2

I did search, guess i missed it, Thanks!

a_miller_76Jun-14-05 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#86882, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 3

Always remember this:

You can have it 1. Cheap, 2. Fast, or 3. Good....but you can only pick 2 of those options. If you want it cheap and fast it won't be good. If you want it good and fast it won't be cheap. And if you want it cheap and good it won't be fast.

djtrickeeJun-14-05 10:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#86895, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by tim97rs
since this is your first post i'll be nice. hit the search and type in concept illusions and you will without a doubt be able to answer your own questions with infinate clarity!!!! lets just say this ain't the first time that nbame has been used on this board!!!

How many times do you think they will sign up with new usernames and try and post this:

Hey guys! I'm new here! I just saw this kit! its way cool. Here's a link right to it!!!!! weeeeeeeeeee!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

mcgyvrJun-14-05 10:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#86897, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 5

I say buy it and tell everyone how it is,

these guys are all just crabby.
Id say give it a try, for 1300 bucks you can replace half the parts on there and still be cheaper than most of these guys payed for their kits.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

SilverBullet20gJun-14-05 11:24 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#86901, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by tim97rs since this is your first post i'll be nice. hit the search and type in concept illusions and you will without a doubt be able to answer your own questions with infinate clarity!!!! lets just say this ain't the first time that nbame has been used on this board!!!
How many times do you think they will sign up with new usernames and try and post this: Hey guys! I'm new here! I just saw this kit! its way cool. Here's a link right to it!!!!! weeeeeeeeeee!

I agree..

Don't mods have the power to match IP addresses to see if it is the same?

(parting out 95 GS)

Teamdougie2Jun-14-05 11:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#86903, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 7

I checked... the IP addresses are different.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

DarkEclips96Jun-15-05 05:39 PM
399 posts,
#86947, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 8

THis is my first post, I can really feel the love here, anyway, yea i think im just keep saving for star or hahn. Thanks

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

BRU_ceJun-15-05 07:22 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
#86948, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 9
Jun-15-05 07:36 PM by BRU_ce

I apologize for them being kinda nasty to ya, but you have no idea how many times we get newbies that ask the same questions over and over again. I myself don't believe in saying "SEARCH n0_0b!!" because that doesn't help anyone... If you don't have useful info you shouldn't say anything at all.

If you do have the right answer, you should reply with the right answer.

Why?

BECAUSE THOSE OF US WHO DO USE THE SEARCH HATE YOU DUMB FUCKERS!

It's really annoying to have to search through 50 threads that say "USE THE SEARCH n0_0b!" and not getting the fucking answer I'm looking for, because the "elite" think they are special that they have been here a long time.

Ok I just realized I kinda went off on a tangent and started ranting, but I have been researching a turbo kit and it's just so frustrating to see so many worthless threads.

Anyway, welcome to the board. If I ever know an answer to any question, I will answer it. As for the concept illusions kit, looks good to me, but I'm going custom to save money.

I personally don't reccomend the HAHN kit because it comes with many crappy parts that you will have to replace soon anyway. If I was you and I wanted a kit, I would get this concept illusions kit and add a 1G side mount intercooler. Not to mention HAHN's shitty fuel system. I like the fact that the Concept kit comes with a real Walbro pump and a Vortech FMU instead of that noisy-ass inline pump and CarTech shit FMU.

edit: I just noticed the Concept kit doesn't come with a BOV... unless I missed something. No biggie, just get a used 1G BOV. $10-40 (maybe even free).

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

DarkEclips96Jun-16-05 05:27 AM
399 posts,
#86954, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 10

Thank you very much, that is the info im looking for, Concept Illusions will weld on any choice of BOV flange.

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

BRU_ceJun-16-05 01:11 PM
1457 posts,
#86965, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 11

No prob man, if you have any other questions I'll be glad to answer them to the best of my ability.

tim97rsJun-16-05 04:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#86970, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 10
Jun-16-05 04:34 PM by tim97rs

Originally posted by BRU_ce
If you do have the right answer, you should reply with the right answer. Why? BECAUSE THOSE OF US WHO DO USE THE SEARCH HATE YOU DUMB FUCKERS! It's really annoying to have to search through 50 threads that say "USE THE SEARCH n0_0b!" and not getting the fucking answer I'm looking for, because the "elite" think they are special that they have been here a long time.

the whole point of saying "search newb" is to do just what you have said you hate: "prevent pointless threads" by answering the same questions over and over and over again. if we catered to evey nood that comes on here asking about "engine swaps" or "best turbo for my car" we'd have over 25,000 post on those 2 alone. you may hate having to read 50 threads of "search newb", but you'd hate it even more if you had to search thru 5000 threads of repetative answers.
and as far as "If you do have the right answer, you should reply with the right answer" goes, what makes you think we "eliteists" aren't pointing them to the right answer by telling them to search.
do you think anymore of a right answer would have been given about the CI kit, if we all came back in and repeated the same shit that was just hashed out the previouos week, is that somehow better.
i don't know much about band width but im sure that for all the "search newb" posts we have, if we didn't have them and answered every single question every time it was asked with the same shit for the 10,000 time, we would not have a 2gnt.com!!!

and as far as you not finding what your looking for when using the search... if you can't find it, then you don't know how to use it correctly!

and in regard to the "poor newb" you feel so inclined to apologize to for our "eliteist" behaviors who said he did search and didn't find anything.... i typed in "concept illusions" and got 158 posts!!! yea, poor newb with the super hard search function!!! tell me he couldn't have found his answer in those!!!!!! we're not "elite", we just know how to use the search button!

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

BRU_ceJun-16-05 05:30 PM
1457 posts,
#86971, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 13
Jun-16-05 06:10 PM by BRU_ce

the whole point of saying "search newb" is to do just what you have said you hate: "prevent pointless threads" by answering the same questions over and over and over again.

Ah! This is where I stopped reading (I'll give your post the proper respect it deserves later). This viewpoint is based on completely false pretenses. By their very nature, "newbs," are, well... NEW! They don't know about all the threads in which you scolded other newbs and they don't care. They're going to make a newb post, goddamnit, and there's nothing you can say to OTHER newbs that's going to stop them! It is far more beneficial to the overall quality of the forum and enhances our small community if we treat newbs with cautious respect and acceptance. Furthermore, stop worrying so hard about getting your ego trip and start becoming more selfless. It would be great blessing to those of us who have to wade through piles of shit to get to a nugget of gold.

I don't know if you've noticed, but 2GNT as a whole is a dying community. Let's face it, our cars are getting a little old. Soon, many of us will be moving on to fancier cars as we age and gain status in society. Many more have moved on already.

We should ENCOURAGE "newbs" to join our community by embracing them and helping them along while they "learn to walk." Remember, everything undergoes a growth phase. A new job, your guitar skill, your acceptance to 2GNT and indeed even our own lives themselves, all undergo constant growth and change, experiencing maturity and knowledge.

All I ask is that you simply not post. Or, if you MUST scold because you are so empassioned to do so, then scold, but also offer solutions! Don't do it for the newb! Do it for the rest of us! Do it for 2GNT, even!!

djtrickeeJun-16-05 06:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#86973, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 14

By their very nature, "newbs," are, well... NEW! They don't know about all the threads in which you scolded other newbs and they don't care. They're going to make a newb post, goddamnit, and there's nothing you can say to OTHER newbs that's going to stop them! It is far more beneficial to the overall quality of the forum and enhances our small community if we treat newbs with cautious respect and acceptance.

You got it. No problem. From this point forward for every single question that has ever been answered here that is asked again by a N3wBie, I will just point them in your direction. If you are so ambitious as to take on the n3wbie quest then it shall be so. Instead of saying "search n3wbie, we shall say "ask Br_uce n3wbie". He knows the answers and he doesnt mind typing in the same 42 sentences 2 or 3 times a day.
I actually like this plan. You will become the repository for all the possible stupid n3wbie question that could ever possibly be asked here.
It will lift the burden from us "elitist" who have said "search"

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

BRU_ceJun-16-05 07:45 PM
1457 posts,
#86974, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 16
Jun-16-05 07:56 PM by BRU_ce

Originally posted by BRU_ce By their very nature, "newbs," are, well... NEW! They don't know about all the threads in which you scolded other newbs and they don't care. They're going to make a newb post, goddamnit, and there's nothing you can say to OTHER newbs that's going to stop them! It is far more beneficial to the overall quality of the forum and enhances our small community if we treat newbs with cautious respect and acceptance.
You got it. No problem. From this point forward for every single question that has ever been answered here that is asked again by a N3wBie, I will just point them in your direction. If you are so ambitious as to take on the n3wbie quest then it shall be so. Instead of saying "search n3wbie, we shall say "ask Br_uce n3wbie". He knows the answers and he doesnt mind typing in the same 42 sentences 2 or 3 times a day. I actually like this plan. You will become the repository for all the possible stupid n3wbie question that could ever possibly be asked here. It will lift the burden from us "elitist" who have said "search"

*sigh* Your ignorance on this issue astounds me (although I respect your knowledge of many others). I don't think you even read my post, save a few choice words.

The point that I believe I made EXCESSIVELY CLEAR, was that this should be a joint community effort! I'm not telling you to jump into every thread and answer every question.

Hell, if you see a thread and the title makes you die a little inside, simply ignore it. Don't bother posting at all! However, if anyone should feel so inclined, answer the question!

Would it not be more efficient to have a tired question remain at 0 replies? In this sense, the "newb" would still get the hint, and when searched, such threads could easily be distinguised by their glaring "0" reply count.

And I've said my part. I'll let you come to your own conclusions. I realize I may have come off as a bit insulting in my original post, but hey I hadn't slept for two days because of finals, and I was a bit cranky. I'm just trying to offer a voice of reason in an amiable tone to better persuade you to consider this more closely.

BRU_ceJun-16-05 06:03 PM
1457 posts,
#86972, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 13
Jun-16-05 06:32 PM by BRU_ce

what makes you think we "eliteists" aren't pointing them to the right answer by telling them to search.

A comical scene just passed through my head!

A middle-aged man is sitting in a sterile-looking room explaining a sharp unpleasent pain in the knees to his doctor, who listens, his face brimming with petty indignation.

The doctor lifts himself quite imposingly from his chair and leans slowly toward the man, engulfing him in an enourmous shadow as he interrupts his patient halfway through a sentence.

He pauses, motionless in silence, just for a moment, and with copius sarcasm bristling from the loathsome smirk on his face let out in a single, unimportant breath, "You can't be serious?"

He went on, now with noticeable irritation in his voice, "Hell, you're the 9th middle aged man to walk in here with arthritis in the past three days! This is one of the most common illnesses. I don't understand why you came to me first! You should have researched it yourself before you came here! Now, go away... We'd rather you see a different clinic, anyway!"

I could make analogies of a teacher and a student, a father and a son, but my point is that those of us with the knowledge to help others should do so to the best of our ability. Not only does repeating an answer for a misguided newbie create trust and loyalty, but also builds a rich knowledge base of multiple viewpoints on various problems. No two problems are ever IDENTICALLY alike, and with as broad a range of information as possible it is easier to draw more informed, well rounded decisions.

Also, in direct reference to the Concept kit, opinions change as the product becomes more widespread. Numbers start pouring in, and with them fresh new opinions! Where would we be if everyone only saw our community's opinions on the Hahn kit back when it was first released? That would certainly be counterproductive! Balance out which is more important to you. A scolding takes just as much finger coordination and brain power to type out as does a concise informed post with far greater benefits!

Ducking_FumbassJun-17-05 12:15 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#86977, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 15

I think that in some cases, though, it is somebody coming in with a sniffle, and demanding to see the doctor IMMEDIATELY.

We have a section called "Things we've seen before." Is it that hard to poke around in there for a couple of minutes before asking a question?

When I join a new forum, the first thing I do is to look around, read up, and get some background knowledge. I won't know everything, but I will, at least, know what I know, and know what I don't.

I like Trickee's idea; all the new people, feel free to IM Bru_ce. Not only does he know his shit, but he's willing to keep typing it until his fingernails turn to dust, and his fingers bleed.

BRU_ceJun-17-05 01:02 AM
1457 posts,
#86979, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 18

Eh, I gave it a shot.

This thread has more than outlived it's usefulness.

youkickedmydogJun-17-05 03:08 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#86980, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 19

Ya so umm how bout that turbo kit.... <-- Attempt to get back on topic

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-17-05 03:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#86981, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 20
Jun-17-05 03:43 AM by EvuLFleA

Originally posted by youkickedmydog
Ya so umm how bout that turbo kit.... <-- Attempt to get back on topic

Ask BRU_ce

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

BRU_ceJun-17-05 03:58 AM
1457 posts,
#86982, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 21

I suppose it's my fault for believing I was talking to fully grown adults. This is childish, and I'm sure that to anyone with half a fucking brain can see that.

As I see you immediately lower yourselves to insulting, primitive indirect sarcastic attacks, I'll be more blunt in my posts as well. Maybe you'll understand me better?

Or maybe I should just lower the word count to under 20 because apparently everyone on this board has the reading comprehension skills of a GODDAMN TEN YEAR OLD.

Fuck off, I don't give a shit. I was trying to do something positive for the community, but the few of you that responded managed to drive it to the ground, and why I will NEVER know.

tim97rsJun-17-05 04:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#86983, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 22
Jun-17-05 04:38 AM by tim97rs

I suppose it's my fault for believing I was talking to fully grown adults. This is childish, and I'm sure that to anyone with half a fucking brain can see that. As I see you immediately lower yourselves to insulting, primitive indirect sarcastic attacks, I'll be more blunt in my posts as well. Maybe you'll understand me better? Or maybe I should just lower the word count to under 20 because apparently everyone on this board has the reading comprehension skills of a GODDAMN TEN YEAR OLD. Fuck off, I don't give a shit. I was trying to do something positive for the community, but the few of you that responded managed to drive it to the ground, and why I will NEVER know.

ya need a kleenex, nancy?

BRU_ceJun-17-05 04:52 AM
1457 posts,
#86984, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 23

Damnit, if I didn't love this board so damn much I'd leave.

Just tell me why you're being so closed-minded? My idea is very simple:

*See a newb post that you don't want to answer? Ignore it! The post count will remain 0 and it will drop off the page quickly. When searched it will come up 0 and we won't even have to bother clicking.

*Anyone who feels inclined to do so, answer the question, and perhaps link or suggest using the search so as to have the double role of educating the newb and helping clean up our knowledge base

Remember, I'm not saying you should ANSWER EVERY QUESTION, simply that you refrain from posting at all, rather than post with only the intent to flame.

madhatter210Jun-17-05 05:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#86985, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
Jun-17-05 05:17 AM by madhatter210

I suppose it's my fault for believing I was talking to fully grown adults. This is childish, and I'm sure that to anyone with half a fucking brain can see that. As I see you immediately lower yourselves to insulting, primitive indirect sarcastic attacks, I'll be more blunt in my posts as well. Maybe you'll understand me better? Or maybe I should just lower the word count to under 20 because apparently everyone on this board has the reading comprehension skills of a GODDAMN TEN YEAR OLD. Fuck off, I don't give a shit. I was trying to do something positive for the community, but the few of you that responded managed to drive it to the ground, and why I will NEVER know.

Edited for content explaination: Yes this thread also needs answer to the original question, BRU_ce stay on the subject. Its posts that go way off topic like these which is why there are never any answers to questions for the new_b's to find. Now lets bring it back to the point which could have been found with a simple search or going to page 2 in just about any related section.

This whole subject makes me cringe because if you really think the kit is any good you didn't search or get to learn anything about the company or persons your trying to advocate.

Try dealing with aim's at 3 am from this places (non admitted that there is an association but other findings have me believe other wise)fellow united dirtbags going bullistic on me(very professional), Or why is it I get aim's from people who's part came to them in poor quality and had to be sent back. Or better yet the countless discretions that came about during questioning about said kits.

Anyone can be a re-seller its different to be a fabricator, I haven't seen any positive feedback about custom parts that were fabricated right the first time. Maybe you only hear about the bad but through my searchs and fact findings along with tims' and other members, the conclusions drawn is well informed.

BRU_ce I personally think if you haven't had extensive fact finding communication or have actually bought a kit yourself you really have no right to be "angry" in this thread at all.

This isn't about childish behiavor by older members, its about older members who did the research to be able to call out what they know. I'm sure you have read some of the other threads about this subject right?

What you have read is just the tip of the iceburg. And just so you don't think I'm just being a dick I was once and advocate for this place until what I found out what I know and it gave me an opportunity to pull my head from my ass.Luckly in time to not join the fates of the croonies of this place.

I think its anyones right to buy what the hell ever and its a buyer beware world, if the answers about the perfomance/reliabilty of this kit are not there though other than "well its on some local cars". I think what has been said a bunch already should be thrown into the equation to help someone make an informed desicion.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

BRU_ceJun-17-05 05:10 AM
1457 posts,
#86986, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 25
Jun-17-05 05:14 AM by BRU_ce

Um, we're way beyond talking about the kit, hatter

In fact, if what you're telling me is TRUE, then it furthers my point that we should answer new questions with new insight and knowledge gained through time.

An old Concept Illusions kit thread may say, "wow.. hey this seems like a great deal guys." and everyone agreeing with it. Over time, people start realizing the kit is a piece of shit, and should be warned. Hence the importance of fresh knowledge.

Anyhow, I wasn't commenting on the company that produces the kit, I specifically stated I was going custom to save money. I was only commenting on the selection of parts supposedly included in the kit. I obviously cannot have any knowledge of how their company operates.

edit: I just wanted to add that it's because I value the opinions of all fellow 2GNT members that I make my request. I may be quarrelling with some of you in this thread, but I respect the knowledge and expertise offered by everyone here. I don't want to compromise that in any way outside of this thread.

djtrickeeJun-17-05 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#86987, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 26

An old Concept Illusions kit thread may say, "wow.. hey this seems like a great deal guys." and everyone agreeing with it. Over time, people start realizing the kit is a piece of shit, and should be warned. Hence the importance of fresh knowledge.

This is where you are WRONG. Had you even bothered to "search" then you would know that the fresh knowlege you preach about like some overzealous crazed lunatic IS in all those threads. In fact it wasnt even 2 weeks ago that another n3wbie asked about it and the people with the "knowledge" told them to stay the fuck away. The new knowledge is there. You just have to have half a brain to be able to find it. Jesus.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

BRU_ceJun-17-05 05:25 AM
1457 posts,
#86988, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 27
Jun-17-05 05:36 AM by BRU_ce

Originally posted by BRU_ce An old Concept Illusions kit thread may say, "wow.. hey this seems like a great deal guys." and everyone agreeing with it. Over time, people start realizing the kit is a piece of shit, and should be warned. Hence the importance of fresh knowledge.
This is where you are WRONG. Had you even bothered to "search" then you would know that the fresh knowlege you preach about like some overzealous crazed lunatic IS in all those threads. In fact it wasnt even 2 weeks ago that another n3wbie asked about it and the people with the "knowledge" told them to stay the fuck away. The new knowledge is there. You just have to have half a brain to be able to find it. Jesus.

Yeah, in this particular instance you're probably right. This might have been one of those threads that should have remained at 0. But I still don't see what the point would be in flaming.

I just got an idea, tell me what you think mods...

We should spend a little time expanding our "Things we've seen before" section (I would be willing to help with this) to try and attain a fairly comprehensive, and up-to-date basis of newb knowledge.

Once completed, force newbs to enter a 3 day probationary period in which they are only allowed to access the "Things We've Seen Before" forum and a forum specifically meant for newbs. They will be unable to post in the rest of the forum until their probationary period is up.

If after 3 days, a newb post is made in a normal forum, the post be immediately locked. After repeated offense, said newb would be placed on a second probationary period of 3 days. A third offense and they would be banned.

Here's the sweet part:

If a newb joins and decides he wants to forego the 3 day probationary period and jump right in, he is asked to donate $5 to 2GNT. He would be allowed instant access, with the same conditions as a newb who completed his 3 day probationary period.

I've seen this work pretty successfully in other forums, and it may just be exactly what we need. Thoughts?

Ducking_FumbassJun-17-05 05:35 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#86990, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 26

Hey everybody, let's not answer any of Br_uce's questions just to be dickheads!

Just kidding...

I see your point, I really do. It is frustrating, though, to see the same damned questions over and over. Especially (!) when the question asked is plastered all over the "things we've seen before" section.

Maybe it doesn't help that I am, by my very nature, and asshole. I'm not very "patient," "understanding," "caring," "progressive," or "friendly."

To the original poster, sorry; we misjudged you. We've seen these posts before, though, and they, as stated, follow a pattern.

BRU_ceJun-17-05 05:43 AM
1457 posts,
#86991, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 29
Jun-17-05 05:53 AM by BRU_ce

I appreciate your honesty.

My main problem is the desire for organization and clarity in almost everything I do. It's actually rather frustrating sometimes.

You'll see what I mean once my turbo kit is done in a few months. I'll be creating a meticulously detailed, step by step writeup, complete with alternative options to parts as well as parts you can remove or add in accordance with your budget.

I'll snap pics of every step I take to minimize confusion. Also, it will be a live writeup, meaning it will constantly grow and change with time. I will add user comments and offer alternatives.

I'm pretty excited about this, and I hope it becomes one of the most exhaustive 420A custom turbo kit writeups ever made.

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-17-05 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#86993, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"
In response to Reply # 30
Jun-17-05 06:19 AM by EvuLFleA

What to do when there is a repost:

1) Find the original thread.
2) Click on "Report this post to admin"
3) Provide the link to the original thread in your alert
4) Admin will lock the repost and edit their post with a link to the original thread.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

CustomGSJun-17-05 07:16 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86995, "RE: Concept Illusions Kit released"

Or maybe I should just lower the word count to under 20 because apparently everyone on this board has the reading comprehension skills of a GODDAMN TEN YEAR OLD.

EXCUSE ME?!? Don't go insulting "EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD". Although i did agree with your points earlier in this thread, I lost all respect after that comment.

I just wanted to add that it's because I value the opinions of all fellow 2GNT members that I make my request. I may be quarrelling with some of you in this thread, but I respect the knowledge and expertise offered by everyone here. I don't want to compromise that in any way outside of this thread.

Why would you "value the opinions" and "respect the knowledge and expertise of everyone here"? All 2GNT board members have the "reading comprehension skills of GOD DAMN TEN YEAR OLDS" remember?

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #86877 Previous topic | Next topic