Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #8147
View in linear mode

Subject: "it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend" Previous topic | Next topic
jamesmanSep-08-01 05:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8147, "it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"

finally got my hrc with fmic it's not too complicated, and i have a 95 so man the fuel system is quite simple almost laughably easy, but the fmic bumper cutting seema like it mac cause some problems. lates. I have one question. hrc people how far down did you cut your downpipe from the header junction. it says in the instructions to cut it 2 1/2 inches from the bracket...but i have no idea what frigin bracket they are talking about! thanks!

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-08-01 01:03 PM, #1
RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, jamesman, Sep-08-01 02:34 PM, #2
      RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, cyan, Sep-08-01 04:18 PM, #3
           RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, TeamStan2gnt, Sep-08-01 11:25 PM, #4
                RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, cyan, Sep-09-01 04:45 AM, #5
                     RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, Irfan, Sep-09-01 01:28 PM, #6
                     RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-09-01 01:53 PM, #7
                     RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, jamesman, Sep-10-01 03:05 AM, #8
                          RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, Eclipze97, Sep-10-01 06:35 AM, #9
                               RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Sep-10-01 12:52 PM, #10
                               RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, jamesman, Sep-11-01 02:06 AM, #11
                                    RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend, Eclipze97, Sep-11-01 04:03 AM, #12

ModeratorCorbinSep-08-01 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8148, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

You can also just take the 2 downpipe pieces to a muffler shop and have them weld it together. This will look cleaner and almost guarantee no leaks. You'll have to rig up a mock-exhaust to drive the car to the shop though. I clamped a flex-tailpipe section to my HRC DP and "screwed" the O2 sensor into the flex-tailpipe. It was loud, but at least the car was driveable. The engine doesn't like to run with the O2 sensor hanging in free air.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jamesmanSep-08-01 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#8149, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks i was wondering how far from the header junction flange you cut the downpipe?

cyanSep-08-01 04:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#8150, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 2

so exactly how easy is teh fuel system on 95s compared to the 96-up? if its that much easier, thats the best news ive heard in quite a while cause i was none too looking forward to installing my kit.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt ---------------------------------- VANILLA RICE

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamStan2gntSep-08-01 11:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#8151, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 3

I told you it would be easier than 96up on your first post You dont have to run a return line from your fuel rail to the tank. The factory has already done it for you.

http://stan2gnt.homestead.com/home.html
Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon 420A-Turbo
Former and future nitrous user

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

cyanSep-09-01 04:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#8152, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks factory!

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt --------------------------------------------------------------- VANILLA RICE

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

IrfanSep-09-01 01:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#8153, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 5

what? why the hell did they quit doing that for 97-up?

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

ModeratorCorbinSep-09-01 01:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#8154, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 6

I think that has to do with new emissions regulations. With the old fuel system, you run a bunch of fuel up to the engine and some of it gets used (usually very little). The fuel heats up while its in the engine compartment. I think it releases some contaminants when it gets back to the gas tank and those eventually make it out to the environment. So the later fuel system only sends as much fuel as is needed to the engine. So you don't produce any extra pollution by heating/cooling the fuel constantly. I think I read this in SCC a while back...no promises on the accuracy.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

jamesmanSep-10-01 03:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#8155, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 5

yo cyan
man the fuel system is easy!!!!
just cut some and remove some hoses, plug 2 into the fmu and then splice the fuel line near the tank for the fuel pump and that's about it. i was worried about the fuel system too, but whn i got the kit and read the instructions i almost laughed myself to death. I was worrying for no reason at all!

Eclipze97Sep-10-01 06:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
213 posts,
#8156, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 8

hey jamesman, how long did it take from the time you ordered to receive your turbo from HRC. i just want to know the wait i'm going to have to endure, cuz ordered mine last week. thanks

http://piq03.ofoto.com/photo/?cmd=initialize&compress=80&src=http%3A//im5.ofoto.com/photos211/3/23/29/99/80/0/80992923303_0_ALB.jpg&srctype=image/jpeg&aspect=1.5&cropbehavior=cropCurrAspectRatio&type=image%2Fjpeg&width=368&height=368&req=1013294527851&ses

Jason 95 GS TurboSep-10-01 12:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#8157, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 9

joe--did you order that kit i take it? let me know what the status is on your kit. once it's here, we'll get in the garage as soon as possible and get it all hooked up for you.

jason
98 integra type R
95 GS Turbocharged

jamesmanSep-11-01 02:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#8158, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 9

from the day i ordered it to the day i got it i believe it was a month. they gave a 3 week production time and 1 week to ship. i got the fmic with the kit so it came in 3 boxes, but UPS jacked up and delayed it 2 days

Eclipze97Sep-11-01 04:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
213 posts,
#8159, "RE: it is here it is tasty and it is going in next weekend"
In response to Reply # 11

yeah jason, i'll call you, i ordered it last week

http://piq03.ofoto.com/photo/?cmd=initialize&compress=80&src=http%3A//im5.ofoto.com/photos211/3/23/29/99/80/0/80992923303_0_ALB.jpg&srctype=image/jpeg&aspect=1.5&cropbehavior=cropCurrAspectRatio&type=image%2Fjpeg&width=368&height=368&req=1013294527851&ses

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #8147 Previous topic | Next topic