Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #77026
View in linear mode

Subject: "please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
qwad65Sep-27-04 08:33 AM
Member since Feb 07th 2002
711 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77026, "please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!"

hi i rebuilt my engine and iam ready to up the boost to 15psi i have tryed 3 diff boost controlers and none of them have worked they do not stop my boost the psi keeps going up and up like there is nothing there.iam lost, i know i deff have this bc hooked up right and iam positive it works becase i tested it with my air compreser ,there is no leakes i even tryed moving my vac sorce off the compressor to the manifold and nothing plesase help me i have put all this time and money into my engine and cant even have fun with it thankx please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

siueclipseSep-27-04 08:39 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77027, "RE: please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

what boost controller and how do you have it hooked up?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMRoadsterSep-27-04 10:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#77036, "RE: please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm willing to bet he hooked up the bc the wrong way.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

qwad65Sep-27-04 10:29 AM
711 posts,
#77038, "RE: please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
I'm willing to bet he hooked up the bc the wrong way.

well there is a air flow arow on the bc abd i have the araow facing the waste gate like it says so iam not sure

qwad65Sep-27-04 10:27 AM
711 posts,
#77037, "RE: please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

i have a ebay manuel boost controler ,i have it hooked up inbetween the compressor and the waste gate .also when i hook the vac line up with out a bc abd just a solid line it stops perfect at 5psi ,iam lost what else could it be please help me out guys

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-27-04 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#77041, "RE: please help me out with my boost problem please!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Some things to consider:

1. They don't come preset.
2. You turn the screw OUT to lower the boost, not IN.

You likely just need to adjust it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #77026 Previous topic | Next topic