Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #76905
View in linear mode

Subject: "Port Fueler Pictures" Previous topic | Next topic
Super20GSep-27-04 05:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76905, "Port Fueler Pictures"
Sep-25-04 09:01 AM by Super20G

If anyone was looking for more pictures, here they are...

I will let you know how the install goes, I am still missing fuel hoses and fittings it looks like I don't know if that is my responsibility or not, but everything else looks like its here...

Enjoy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Port Fueler Pictures, er0ckz, Sep-25-04 09:12 AM, #1
RE: Port Fueler Pictures, Justin99RS, Sep-25-04 09:22 AM, #2
      RE: Port Fueler Pictures, eclipsekaiser, Sep-25-04 02:58 PM, #3
           RE: Port Fueler Pictures, MrSlick, Sep-25-04 03:07 PM, #4
                RE: Port Fueler Pictures, soulcontroller, Sep-25-04 05:38 PM, #5
                     RE: Port Fueler Pictures, Super20G, Sep-26-04 06:57 AM, #6
                          RE: Port Fueler Pictures, Eclipse2NR, Sep-26-04 08:37 AM, #7
                               RE: Port Fueler Pictures, TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-26-04 09:19 AM, #8
                                    RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 09:44 AM, #9
                                         RE: Port Fueler Pictures, Super20G, Sep-26-04 10:30 AM, #10
                                              RE: Port Fueler Pictures, TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-26-04 10:46 AM, #11
                                              RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 10:55 AM, #12
                                              RE: Port Fueler Pictures, davo345, Sep-26-04 11:36 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 11:49 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 12:37 PM, #15
                                              RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 12:38 PM, #16
                                                   RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 03:09 PM, #17
                                                        RE: Port Fueler Pictures, Super20G, Sep-26-04 05:57 PM, #18
                                                        RE: Port Fueler Pictures, davo345, Sep-26-04 06:30 PM, #19
                                                             RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 06:40 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: Port Fueler Pictures, davo345, Sep-26-04 06:43 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: Port Fueler Pictures, siueclipse, Sep-26-04 06:44 PM, #22
                                                                            RE: Port Fueler Pictures, bluefire, Sep-26-04 07:49 PM, #23
                                                                                 RE: Port Fueler Pictures, grain, Sep-27-04 01:01 AM, #24
                                                                                      RE: Port Fueler Pictures, Super20G, Sep-27-04 04:15 AM, #25
                                                                                           RE: Port Fueler Pictures, FlyinEsi, Sep-27-04 08:03 AM, #26

er0ckzSep-25-04 09:12 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2004
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76906, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 0

man that's sexy.

HRC S16G. FMIC. 8.5:1 JE PISTONS. CROWER RODS.

engz
www.cnnmotorsports.com | http://www.cardomain.com/id/el2ocz33

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Justin99RSSep-25-04 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76908, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 1

i see now...its an easier way of doing corbins 8 injector setup..pics on HRCs sight arent that good so i couldn't see what it was doing.

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

eclipsekaiserSep-25-04 02:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#76920, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 2

Damn that is sexy...

By the way, what type of TB is that...?

-K-

MrSlickSep-25-04 03:07 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#76924, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
Damn that is sexy... By the way, what type of TB is that...?

Looks like a bored out stock TB to me

Now get that thing installed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

soulcontrollerSep-25-04 05:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#76931, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 4

yea, i will say that adapter plate is pretty damn slick.

Super20GSep-26-04 06:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76950, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, and I would say that sexy secondary fuel rail is hitting the valve cover. Shaving is under progress. The port fueler unit is installed, wow, a switched power, ground, and tach signal to the tach output on the DIS-2, that was hard Injector wire loom ran through the firewall and ready to plug in.. Somehow they forgot to ship instructions and all the fuel fittings, hose, etc.. so I can't get this running till mid to late next week it looks like

Eclipse2NRSep-26-04 08:37 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#76953, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 6

Looks really good man. I'm going the megasquirt route, I'm sure we'll both do just fine. Nice paint job on that intake manifold, looks friggin awesome.

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Aerogear Body / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic rev.2 / T3 Turbo Intercooled @ 8 psi / More at http://home.insightbb.com/~eclipse2nr/
Mark Galyan - Indianapolis, Indiana

TeamJasonESi_TSep-26-04 09:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#76956, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 7

MAn, seeing it all put together like that sure is slick.

So long as you have timing control to retard over 12-13 psi or so, you can go a LONG way with that setup.

It's simple, and you don't have to screw with anything stock, timing fuel or otherwise. This definitley makes fueling for folks up to about 15 psi so much more attainable. Once you get a timing control for the times up to 20 psi, the sky is really the limit.

Nice work HRC.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

siueclipseSep-26-04 09:44 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#76957, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 8

Youll get the rest of your parts from HRC. They forgot mine as well in the initial package. They will send the fuel lines, connections, etc.. Make sure you get the software (which you didn't have in your pictures).

Also.. yes mine portfueler rail hits the valve cover. Before I try and shave down the valve cover Im going to install it all and get the car running. I noticed that after I had everything installed on the motor, its resting against it, but im unsure if its going to cause a leak or not. We'll see on Monday when I get my AIC. It doesn't appear that it will leak.

My system is completely installed except for the AIC and I will be starting it up on Monday.

Super20GSep-26-04 10:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#76968, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-26-04 10:38 AM by Super20G

Originally posted by siueclipse
Youll get the rest of your parts from HRC. They forgot mine as well in the initial package. They will send the fuel lines, connections, etc..

Glad I am not the only one... Eh... Paying for Overnight Next Morning Saturday delivery was kinda ehh.. a waste without all the parts

Also.. yes mine portfueler rail hits the valve cover. Before I try and shave down the valve cover Im going to install it all and get the car running. I noticed that after I had everything installed on the motor, its resting against it, but im unsure if its going to cause a leak or not.

Well, I can definately tell on mine that the valve cover needs shaved, I have already shaved quite a bit off, so before I shave anymore I am gonna remove the valve cover, see how much more material is left and remove some more... eh. Mine didn't come with instructions, so I just installed all the studs short end into the block, then realized it wouldnt go on on the alternator housing side, then removed 3 or 4 studs from that side, and installed it, then put those studs back in...

Originally posted by JasonESi_T
This definitley makes fueling for folks up to about 15 psi so much more attainable. Once you get a timing control for the times up to 20 psi, the sky is really the limit. Nice work HRC.

I was running 22-24psi on pumpgas without pulling any timing on the DFI, lol, maby not correct , but it took everything I dished out.. I don't see any reason why I couldn't do that with this setup either... All the DFI was doing is using a fuel table, so is this... What am I missing?

TeamJasonESi_TSep-26-04 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#76969, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 10
Sep-26-04 10:46 AM by JasonESi_T

Originally posted by Super20G I was running 22-24psi on pumpgas without pulling any timing on the DFI, lol, maby not correct , but it took everything I dished out.. I don't see any reason why I couldn't do that with this setup either... All the DFI was doing is using a fuel table, so is this... What am I missing?

Just be careful with the knock. Many times knock is not audible.
It may not ever cause any immediate issues with your car, or it miay be the slow death you didn't know that could happen. Hey, I ran 20 psi every now and again on my old talon. And it on my MSD knock alert, I saw that it knocked.

Whether it damaged anything or not isn't really known, so I kept the boost down.

All I know is that it knocked at high boost, but not at low boost. The same thing holds true for Matt's car. Whether that's a priority to anyone is up for discussion.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

siueclipseSep-26-04 10:55 AM
3504 posts,
#76970, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"

yeah, bill sent "everything" to me overnight saturday and it all didn't show up either. lol

i think the alternator bracket is going to need modifying. what do you think? i haven't put that back on yet but i couldn't install the system without removing it.

i just looked at my PF on the car and it doesnt appear that im going to have any leaks from the valve cover touching it.

davo345Sep-26-04 11:36 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2003
510 posts,
#76976, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 12

i just looked at my PF on the car and it doesnt appear that im going to have any leaks from the valve cover touching it.

Yikes. The PF is interfering with the valve cover? Eeek

bobin' and weavin' in traffic. No other place i'd rather be .

^^^^^EVERYTHING HAS TO GO.

siueclipseSep-26-04 11:49 AM
3504 posts,
#76977, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 13

well its a very tight fit in there. i dont think its going to cause problems. we'll see.

siueclipseSep-26-04 12:37 PM
3504 posts,
#76978, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 14

Hey, I added more pictures of my install.

http://www.gsturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=119&posted=1#post119

siueclipseSep-26-04 12:38 PM
3504 posts,
#76979, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"

You can see in this picture how the rail is kissing the valve cover.

http://www.gsturbo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39

siueclipseSep-26-04 03:09 PM
3504 posts,
#76987, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 16

Hey SUper20g,

I wanted to tell you to put your larger injectors on the stock fuel rail and the stock injectors on the new rail. Youll want them there for more of a direct flow into the head. This is what Craig at HRC told me when I was at Nopi.

Super20GSep-26-04 05:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#77004, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 17

I put the spacer on and after a little shaving on the valve cover, I feel secure it will not interfere with a nice tight seal. It may have been ok without removing the material on the valve cover, but when I installed it, and pushed the spacer flush to the block, I could hear it hit the fuel rail... Wasn't a big deal though. Can't wait to get the fuel fittings to finish the job...

davo345Sep-26-04 06:30 PM
510 posts,
#77008, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 17

Hey SUper20g, I wanted to tell you to put your larger injectors on the stock fuel rail and the stock injectors on the new rail. Youll want them there for more of a direct flow into the head. This is what Craig at HRC told me when I was at Nopi.

How is this? If you put the larger injectors in the stock fuel rail wouldnt you be running hella rich, since they are being controlled by the PCM?

siueclipseSep-26-04 06:40 PM
3504 posts,
#77009, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 19

no, you simply change the injector wiring harness. run the stock harness to the injectors on the plate and the AIC harness to the larger injectors on the stock rail.

davo345Sep-26-04 06:43 PM
510 posts,
#77011, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 20

no, you simply change the injector wiring harness. run the stock harness to the injectors on the plate and the AIC harness to the larger injectors on the stock rail.

Oh shit...duh

siueclipseSep-26-04 06:44 PM
3504 posts,
#77013, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 21

hehehe

i was like... um.. thats a dumb question lol

bluefireSep-26-04 07:49 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
23 posts,
#77015, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 22

Looking good guys. very good pics. much clearer pic of how it's setup now.

I"m going to be ordering this setup once i get back from TDY.
I'll be "watching" if you will to see how it works out for you guys.

I am curious about the switching of the injector positions though.
They actually told you to do that?? interesting.

And it does look REALLY close to the valve cover.

Well, good luck on your installs.

Rich
Bluefire, 95'Avenger, N/A I4, Auto
ES-R, 96'Avenger, boosted I4, 5sp

grainSep-27-04 01:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#77017, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 23

i dont like how this is done. rail hitting valve cover? having to switch out the injectors, and having injectors shoot fuel downward, and not right into the head.

also, why are you going from a dfi, to 8inj?

Super20GSep-27-04 04:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#77020, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 24
Sep-27-04 04:24 AM by Super20G

Originally posted by grain
i dont like how this is done. rail hitting valve cover? having to switch out the injectors, and having injectors shoot fuel downward, and not right into the head. also, why are you going from a dfi, to 8inj?

Well, rail hitting valve cover really wasnt a big prob, maby they will need to fine tune that angle a little, this is the first batch that was released... Possibly they didnt test on several different valve covers? They are cast arent they? We all know how dead on cast parts are... I just used the dremel and removed a little material, wasnt bad, then put foam backed tape where i removed material to give the rail a nice resting place.

I dont know about swapping injectors, sounds like a fine idea though. The spacer is angled slightly, like 19* or so, so it is not spraying straight down, and the way this works by using a spacer, you really couldnt design it any better... There is no room for more of an angle.

I went from Bill's DFI setup to their new fuel setup because I was having probs w/ the DFI. The damn thing was hard for a amature to tune. With the global map Bill sent with the kit, it didnt run right in all conditions. I tried to fine tune the thing for years, and just never got it to my liking. Also, it would 'loose' the calibration maps from time to time, eh.. so you better hope you had the laptop and software to re-flash the thing or you were stuck...

Bill released this new setup, called and told me he was making more power than he was ever able to with the DFI, and that this portfueler was way more friendly as far as year round driveability, so that sounded like just the ticket for my needs.

FlyinEsiSep-27-04 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#77022, "RE: Port Fueler Pictures"
In response to Reply # 25

Did you ever have dyno numbers from before...I can't wait to see what you are going to be putting down now.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #76905 Previous topic | Next topic