Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #76480
View in linear mode

Subject: "IC question" Previous topic | Next topic
import1996rsSep-21-04 11:55 AM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76480, "IC question"

My ic pipe that goes from the intercooler to the TB rests against the windsheild washer fluid container, is this ok, or will it get to hot and eventually melt the container?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: IC question, Uberingram, Sep-16-04 05:11 PM, #1
RE: IC question, Teamner947, Sep-16-04 05:19 PM, #2
      RE: IC question, Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-16-04 05:24 PM, #3
           RE: IC question, import1996rs, Sep-17-04 12:49 AM, #4
                RE: IC question, Ducking_Fumbass, Sep-17-04 07:24 AM, #5
                     RE: IC question, Scandelous, Sep-20-04 11:38 AM, #6
                     RE: IC question, eclipsekaiser, Sep-21-04 11:44 AM, #7
                          RE: IC question, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Sep-22-04 05:40 PM, #8

UberingramSep-16-04 05:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76481, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 0

I doubt it but enough rubbing will wear a hole into something. Your motor and everything attatched gets flexed...your washer resevior is attatched to the firewall. I'd be concerned about that first.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Sep-16-04 05:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#76482, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-16-04 05:21 PM by ner947

A good solution to that problem would be to acquire a 4G63 resevior. Those ones sit in the trunk. Moving it to the back frees up a LOT of space in the engine bay.

EDIT: By the way, why is it touching the resevior in the first place? It shouldn't come close. Are all 4 motor mounts bolted in correctly?

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Ducking_FumbassSep-16-04 05:24 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#76484, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 2

Maybe he's running a RMIC?

import1996rsSep-17-04 12:49 AM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
#76487, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 3

I bought this kit used, and it was a custom kit, the ic pipe is all mangrel bent, but the ic pipe wasn't bent enough by the TB, so it goes straight out of the TB for alittle instead of turning to go towards the front of the car. I might just cut the pipe and get it to fit correctly, thanks for the help.

Ducking_FumbassSep-17-04 07:24 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#76488, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 4

Mongrel bent? Atilla bent it? Probably bent it over the head of somebody who challened his will.

I think that you mean "Mandrel Bent," meaning that it is bent in such a way that the inner diameter of the pipe does not change when it is bent.

ScandelousSep-20-04 11:38 AM
Member since Jul 19th 2004
445 posts,
#76588, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-20-04 11:39 AM by Scandelous

LOL!

eclipsekaiserSep-21-04 11:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#76645, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Ducking_Fumbass
Mongrel bent? Atilla bent it? Probably bent it over the head of somebody who challened his will. I think that you mean "Mandrel Bent," meaning that it is bent in such a way that the inner diameter of the pipe does not change when it is bent.

Hahahahahah I laughed my ass off when reading that statement...

-K-

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-22-04 05:40 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#76716, "RE: IC question"
In response to Reply # 7

ROFL, classic. You should just look into a tighter radius bend than your current setup. From what i'm picturing in my head thats an obnoxious bend you've got there.

400whp or bust.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #76480 Previous topic | Next topic