Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #70347
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MSD SCI Ignition module" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTMay-04-04 03:49 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70347, "MSD SCI Ignition module"

Was thinking about getting the MSD SCI Ignition module to produce more spark at higher rpm's. I just wanted some opinions from people if you think its worth the $120 or not. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SILVERNTMay-04-04 09:30 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70368, "RE: MSD SCI Ignition module"
In response to Reply # 0

you cant run that ignition, its for cars with distributors. you dont have a distributor, you have an electronic coil pack search for msd-dis2 or anything that will work with a distributorless ignition system

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeMay-05-04 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#70379, "RE: MSD SCI Ignition module"
In response to Reply # 1

I would suggest the CRANE HI-6DI2. made for distributorless cars like ours and has 2 stage rev limiter and many add on modules like boost dependent retard etc...

there seem to be many people encountering problems with the MSD products...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

eclipse982nrRSTMay-05-04 07:47 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#70382, "RE: MSD SCI Ignition module"
In response to Reply # 2

they make some type of adapter for the SCI to work with the eclipse. you have to purchase a separate distributor for it to work. doesnt seem worth it and doesnt make much sense. i was just looking for opinions. i am gonna check out the crane components though. thanks for the advice. do you think one of these is worth the coin though? i know we lose spark at higher rpm's but im using zex plugs right now and work much better than the NGK's that i had. just opinions always help.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #70347 Previous topic | Next topic