Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6496
View in linear mode

Subject: "HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorHRCJun-20-01 03:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6496, "HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"

Tuesday night test and tune, Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, Il, 6-19-01:

With marginal traction and hot, humid weather, the HRC RS with its latest combo reset its own records. The new numbers are 11.53 seconds @ 123 MPH!

The rest of the numbers:
60 ft 1.79, 1/8 mile 7.44 @ 99.06

Previous best was 11.72 @ 122, with 60 ft of 1.718 and 1/8 mile of 7.58 @ 94.24. These old numbers were run with excellent traction and weather conditions, unlike the new record.

The new Record moves the HRC RS to from #7 to #4 on the dsm.org drag times list.

As you can see from the numbers, the 60ft on the new record run was poor compared to the old record. With the new combo of larger slicks and taller gearing, 60 fts in the 1.60's are expected. A track with better traction should net this. Better traction alone should propel the RS into the 11.30's, and the addition of more favorable weather (less humid, cooler) should assist to net 11.20's!

The best part is that this is in a street car with air conditioning and power steering, completely stock cylinder head, cams, intake and thottle body, and a bolt-on Stage V HRC turbokit. The only non-stock engine parts are the pistons and rods!

A quick rundown of the combo:

HRC Stage V Turbosystem with new HRC FMIC and optional Super 20G-H turbocharger, optional Eliminator 420A 3" stainless downpipe, open exhaust
HRC / Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch
Quaife limited slip differential
HRC prepped transaxle with 3.55 final drive (stock is 3.94)
26 x 8.5 x 15 slicks
AFX underdrive pulley

Not a very long list, but the Stage V Turbosystem contains a wealth of components in a coordinated, highly proven combination (see our website for details).

Not too bad for a car that has 24,000 turbocharged miles, and ran 16.50's stock, eh?

Here's the fun part: for NIRA Power Four competition, we will be adding Nitrous Oxide. Essentially, we will clone the combo off the HRC / Ayala Neon, which just broke into the nines on its first time out this season (see other thread). If we propose 11.20's in optimal conditions without nitrous, imagine what might be there with it!

Damn, I am jazzed!
Bill Hahn Jr.

Bill Hahn Jr.
98 RS Turbo: 10.87 @ 136 MPH
HRC Stage V with N20
Nation's Fastest Street FWD 2G DSM
www.turbosystem.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-20-01 04:08 AM, #1
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, RuffCut, Jun-20-01 04:08 AM, #2
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-20-01 04:52 AM, #3
      RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, eclipsekaiser, Jun-20-01 05:14 AM, #4
      RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, VendorHRC, Jun-20-01 06:24 AM, #5
           RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-20-01 06:34 AM, #6
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, RS_Guy, Jun-20-01 06:35 AM, #7
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, VendorHRC, Jun-20-01 06:52 AM, #8
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, fly1, Jun-20-01 07:35 AM, #9
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, phrenzy, Jun-20-01 12:49 PM, #10
      RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, klipzracer, Jun-20-01 12:57 PM, #11
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, DAVE_FL (Guest), Jun-20-01 01:37 PM, #12
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, bustrblue1, Jun-20-01 02:08 PM, #13
      RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, VendorHRC, Jun-21-01 05:27 AM, #15
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Jun-20-01 07:05 PM, #14
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, bustrblue1, Jun-21-01 05:38 AM, #16
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, MrClean125, Jun-21-01 05:47 AM, #17
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, RuffCut, Jun-21-01 05:56 AM, #18
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, VendorHRC, Jun-21-01 08:24 AM, #20
      RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, turbosrule, Jun-21-01 12:04 PM, #22
Congrats Bill & HRC!, Moderatorjuan, Jun-21-01 06:52 AM, #19
RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!, rsjourney95, Jun-21-01 09:14 AM, #21
glad to hear it!, ModeratorVX100, Jun-21-01 12:24 PM, #23
      RE: glad to hear it!, VendorHRC, Jun-21-01 12:59 PM, #24
           Unloading the "Neon", RS_Guy, Jun-22-01 03:09 AM, #25
                RE: Unloading the "Neon", VendorHRC, Jun-22-01 05:24 AM, #26
                     RE: Unloading the "Neon", RS_Guy, Jun-23-01 07:14 AM, #27
                          RE: Unloading the "Neon", TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-25-01 09:06 AM, #28
                               RE: Unloading the "Neon", VendorHRC, Jun-26-01 11:56 PM, #29
                               RE: Unloading the "Neon", VendorHRC, Jun-27-01 12:00 AM, #30
                                    RE: Unloading the "Neon", magnus, Jun-28-01 11:05 AM, #31
                                         RE: Unloading the "Neon", VendorHRC, Jun-30-01 09:58 AM, #32
                                              RE: Unloading the "Neon", Talon, Jun-30-01 10:11 AM, #33
                                                   RE: Unloading the "Neon", VendorHRC, Jul-01-01 03:28 PM, #34

TeamMichael_97RSJun-20-01 04:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6497, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

That's GREAT!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you run.

Bill, do you plan any more test and tunes before the shoot out? I want to head to route 66 and get a few practice runs in before I ruin at the shoot out. I would love to go and see you run at the same time. Let me know. E-mail or post. Thanks.

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins.

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished, EGT, A/F Meter, S-AFC

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RuffCutJun-20-01 04:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#6498, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm glad to see you are having such good results, wish you the best in your continued success.

Soon to order HRC turbo kit foor my 99 gs

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-20-01 04:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6499, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 2

..shoulda bought HRC...

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipsekaiserJun-20-01 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6500, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 3

WOW...keep up the good work Bill.

-K-

VendorHRCJun-20-01 06:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6501, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for your support, Dino. Please forgive me for saying this, but I prefer that this thread not rile the other STAR owners who frequent the board. Your opinions count too, but let's keep this thread free of conflict...you know how it goes sometimes!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

TeamJasonESi_TJun-20-01 06:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#6502, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 5

Way to go Bill!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

RS_GuyJun-20-01 06:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#6503, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 20-Jun-01 AT 11:37 AM (PST)

Way To Go Bill!

Keep Raising that FWD bar! Let's hope that the biased dude that runs http://times.dsm.org will actually update your time!

So..... what will a Stage V minus the 20G run I hope to help "represent" soon.

Guy
RS_Guy

"Kiss My RS" (British Accent Please...)

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

VendorHRCJun-20-01 06:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6504, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 7

Guy: a Stage V minus 20G is essentially a Stage IV. The two combos are otherwise identical except the programming in the Auxiliary Management System. One other thing: all Stage V's use front mount intercoolers.

Our RS ran mid to low 12's on Stage IV with the sidemount IC.

Thanks for the congrats!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

fly1Jun-20-01 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6505, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

Totally awesome!!! Once again, HRC has proven the capability of the 420A motor. Way to go Bill!

Fly1
1998 Eclipse GS
HRC stage 2 turbo system

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

phrenzyJun-20-01 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#6506, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 9

Way to go Bill, can't wait to see you run at the shootout.

Steve "Phrenzy" - DJPhrenzy@aol.com
'99 Eclipse GS (sport) - Barcelona Red/Tan Leather
HRC Stage 2 @ 5psi (June 19th)
HKS W1 3" cat-back
Autometer boost/GReddy EGT
Konig Verdict 17x7 - Toyo FZ4 215/45ZR17
custom system, cosmetic mods...

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

klipzracerJun-20-01 12:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#6507, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 10

kick a$$ bill!! we will provail(sp?) over the 4g63's once and for all!! #4 spot!!! watch out gst's cause Bill's coming for #1!!!

Chris Dishmon
coming soon:
PAINT!!!!(any donations of paint code p88 would be highly appreciated)
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jun-20-01 01:37 PM

#6508, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

This great news and your help on the phone today makes me VERY happy and proud to be an owner of an HRC kit!!!!!!!!! Way to go Bill!!!! Keep up the good work.

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stageI BOOSTING !!!!!!!

bustrblue1Jun-20-01 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#6509, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 12

Bill, i'm curious about something. how does the T3/T4 E trim turbo stand up against a super 18g or 20g turbo? i'm still thinking about HRC or NER for when i go turbo. any info on this? thanks

Matt
95 Eclipse GS
my babys stock right now, few months and i should be boostin' with NER!

VendorHRCJun-21-01 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6510, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 13

Essentially, the significant difference between the Mitsubishi units we use and Garrets is the age of the designs. The Garret wheels and housings are decades old. They are effective, but trail the Mitsus in areas of efficiency and response.

The Mitsubishi units, on the other hand, were all designed in the last ten years. Mitsu strived to achieve improvements over older designs in three critical areas:

1. More efficient compressors (this means less heat imparted to the air being compressed to create boost).
2. Low backpressure turbines to improve overall engine airflow while maintaining optimal response (lag) characteristics.
3. Reduced size of wheels to improve response. As compared to older designs that produce the same airflow, Mitsu compressor and turbine wheels will be smaller in diameter (radially), but thicker (axially). By reducing the diameter, Mitsu created a wheel assembly that has less rotating mass or inertia, and therefore spools quicker than larger diameter wheels.

We have achieved low twelves @ 115 mph with the Super 16G on 420A DSM applications, mid elevens @ 120 mph in Neon applications. With the Super 20G, we have seen mid elevens @ 123 mph in 420A DSM's, and high nines @ 148 mph (with 100 HP of N20) in our Neon. I expect to see low 11's @ 125 before nitrous with the Super 20G-H with our RS, and go deep into the tens with nitrous. Why Nitrous, and not just a bigger turbo? While we are working on even larger Mitsubishis to complement the Super series, such large units will seriously affect street use, as spool-up will be pushed up to high RPM's. For cars like our RS that still see street use, we can maintain the reasonable response of the Super 20G, and add nitrous to get the HP we desire on the drag strip. It's a best of both worlds approach.

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

DarkEclipseRS (Guest)Jun-20-01 07:05 PM

#6511, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 21-Jun-01 AT 00:10 AM (PST)

LAST EDITED ON 21-Jun-01 AT 00:08 AM (PST)

Congrats. Mr. Hahn!my car is looking up to yours very proudly .FutureHRC Turbo kit owner hopefully!Oh and one other thing please dont forget to update your website.thanx

bustrblue1Jun-21-01 05:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#6512, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 14

HRC turbos do seem a little better. what are your thoughts on the NER kit? i mean they say that the fuel and all other aspects of the kits are better than the star and HRC kits. i'm still undecided. thanks

Matt
95 Eclipse GS
my babys stock right now, few months and i should be boostin' with NER!

MrClean125Jun-21-01 05:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
230 posts,
#6513, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice to hear about all the R&D your doing Bill. Keep up the good work. Some day soon-hopefully-I will be the proud owner of a 420a turbo. Aaaaaah, the wonderous joy produced by boost =)

David

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors than to dwell in the grey twilight of those who never tried..." -Teddy Roosevelt

NGK plugs and Wires
AEM CAI
V-Racing Carbon Fiber Strut Bar (upper front)
more to come....

Dave "The Bald Bull"
97 RS Member of the infamous Barcelona Red Crew

"Free people will never remain free, if they are not willing, if need be, to fight for their vital interests"

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors th

RuffCutJun-21-01 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#6514, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

Bill Hahn,

How much extra is the optional Eliminator 420A 3" stainless downpipe.

Also, by adding the new FMIC you have developed to the stage 2 kit, will it more efficient than the side mount.

99 Eclipse GS

VendorHRCJun-21-01 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6515, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 18

The new Eliminator 420A is $325. It terminates in a 3" 3-bolt flange at the cat inlet. A custom 3" cat or off road pipe should be used to attach to a 3" exhaust. We can provide any or all of the above. Email me for more details. Photos will be on the website soon.

Yes, the new Big FMIC is more efficient than the side mount. Please visit our website for lots of details on its specifications, or email sales@turbosystem.com.

We are headed to Byron, IL this Sunday: the track is known for sticky traction, temps should be in the 70's, no rain in the forecast....I can't wait!

Our nine-second Neon will be there too. I am hopeful that we can better the performance on both cars.

Thanks for the congrats, all!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

turbosruleJun-21-01 12:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#6516, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 20

freakin AWESOME!!!

Hahn,Wiseco,Eagle,MSD,TurboXs
K&N,mopar,AEM,Greddy,Vortex,apexi and a bunch of other stuff..

ModeratorjuanJun-21-01 06:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#6517, "Congrats Bill & HRC!"
In response to Reply # 0

Excellent job! Keep it up.

juan

rsjourney95Jun-21-01 09:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
33 posts,
#6518, "RE: HRC RS Turbo raises the bar - AGAIN!"
In response to Reply # 0

congrats!! finally a 420A eclipse is getting some recognition...
kinda makes me proud to own one..hopefully, I'll be going turbo soon....

ModeratorVX100Jun-21-01 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#6519, "glad to hear it!"
In response to Reply # 21

Congrats Bill, it's good to see another RS move up on the times list (just check out the NT section, I'm there )

You WILL be at the shootout, right? I can't wait to see it run toe to toe against some fo the fastest 4G63s (some of whom are friends of mine).

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

VendorHRCJun-21-01 12:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6520, "RE: glad to hear it!"
In response to Reply # 23

You couldn't keep me away! I want to represent there so bad I can taste it! It feels good to be rippin' on the RS again, as I left it alone last year and just put miles on it in daily commuting for long term testing. Drove it all winter too! It's such a Jekyll and Hyde car, as now it sits instead in our race shop, on slicks and open exhaust, waiting for its next chance to savor 28 PSI of boost! It probably won't see pump gas again for months, as the schedule for the rest of the year will keep us pretty busy. But I will toss the street wheels on there occasionally to go play........

The Shootout weekend will be a busy one for us. After Shootout fun on Friday, we have to load the transporter and move on to Virginia for the NIRA race Saturday and Sunday, where we will run both the RS and the Neon. We probably won't unload the Neon at the Shootout, lest we offend the 4G63 stalwarts, but it will be on the upper level in our trailer if you wish to take a peek.

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

RS_GuyJun-22-01 03:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#6521, "Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 24

It won't be any more insulting than seeing that bastardized CRX with a 4G63 last year

Also, after the official drag races are over, there is always time for extra passes, and I am sure that the Neon would be a crowd-puller. I believe that any car is allowed to run in this section.

Also, *techinically* the Neon is "DSM Powered" and would be 100% "DSM Powered" legal if you stuck an RS head in there...

Guy
RS_Guy

"If I wanted a 4G63, I'd have bought an EVO"

-----
www.GTuned.com

VendorHRCJun-22-01 05:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6522, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 25

>It won't be any more insulting
>than seeing that bastardized CRX
>with a 4G63 last year
>

Ain't THAT the truth. Come on, at least the Neon and the Talon, Eclipse come from the same company (Daimler - Chrysler - Mitsu) and share the same engines. WTF does a Honda have to do with any of this, other than its idolized 4-gee-6-3? I think letting the Honda run blew the whole thing wide open as far as what is OK and what's not. And we all know why it was allowed....because King Dave built the engine.

>
>Also, after the official drag races
>are over, there is always
>time for extra passes, and
>I am sure that the
>Neon would be a crowd-puller.
>I believe that any car
>is allowed to run in
>this section.

If King Dave decrees it to be so, it will be so. Don't hold your breath, tho....

>
>Also, *techinically* the Neon is "DSM
>Powered" and would be 100%
>"DSM Powered" legal if you
>stuck an RS head in
>there...

Guy, I love you! You just blew the whole thing wide open....of course our Neon is DSM powered. More 2G DSM's came with the 420A than any other engine, by FAR! How could it NOT be considered DSM powered? Even the head thing means nothing if EVO's (same deal, swapped intake / exhaust head) are considered to be grouped under the elite DSM banner!

THIS is an ENTIRELY new angle! In examining the rules for the Shootout, they state that DSM powered class must use a 2.0 Mitsu Turbo powerplant in any body. This can be interpreted as a turbo 420A, as it comes in Mitsu Eclipses, and is therefore a DSM/Mitsu engine. Thus, the Neon is legal.

Folks, let's run with this.....look at the angles. If Mike Simon's CRX is legal DSM powered, if Starions can run, if my RS is legal in DSM Eliminator FWD, then how can the Neon not be included?

Shit, they'd have to change the name to the 4G63 Shootout to deny it!

>
>Guy
>RS_Guy
>
>"If I wanted a 4G63, I'd
>have bought an EVO"
>
>
>
>http://www.GTuned.com

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

RS_GuyJun-23-01 07:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#6523, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 26

LAST EDITED ON 23-Jun-01 AT 12:16 PM (PST)

Absolutely, precisely, YES!

This is *exactly* what I am talking about! You hit the nail on the head!

This is awesome, I have a feeling that the Shootout will be very interesting this year.

P.S. Shant & Armond, you do realize that this means that both of you can also participate The more HRC Turbo'd cars the better!

Guy
RS_Guy

"If I wanted a 4G63, I'd have bought an EVO"

-----
www.GTuned.com

TeamMichael_97RSJun-25-01 09:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#6524, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 27

AMEN!!!! I'd love to see the Neon screaming down for a 9 second pass!!!! 420A Hell Yeah!!!

Lets all get up and make this happen. If enough people bring the rules to question, "King" Dave better let her run.

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins., S-AFC, EGT

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished, A/F Meter

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

VendorHRCJun-26-01 11:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6525, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 28

Well, the debate now rages at dsm.talk. Check out the Lounge forum and the thread "Is a 2GNT a DSM?" Please resist the urge to reply from a 2GNT point of view, as I am trying to 'draw out' the opinions of others. What I mean is, our feelings on this are pretty obvious, so we do not want to discourage others who do not share our opinions. My primary objective there is not to 'bait' or mess with people, but to point up the hypocrisy of having a class called DSM Powered at a race called the DSM Shootout and thens excluding all DSM engines but the 4G63 from this apparently mis-named class. Take a look at the thread and keep an eye on it as the opinions flow...it's entertaining to watch!

We took the Neon and the RS out one last time in their present configurations on Sunday. The outcome was mixed: the Neon ran a 9.88 first pass, but the Eclipse only got one run (we got there late, several oildowns ensued), an 11.83. Conditions were really no better, maybe worse than last Tuesday. So be it: both cars will now move to the next level: the RS gets a bottle to accompany its Stage V setup (essentially, we will be 'cloning' the combo that went 9.88 with the Neon into the RS). The Neon will get is auto trans and killer motor setup, so 9.88 will be the record for an off-the-shelf HRC Stage V turbosystem with a 100 HP shot of N20.

I think that says it all about the capability of our Turbosystems. No other company can match the years of development and testing they contain, the results that have been achieved, nor the decades of turbosystem experience that went into their design.

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

VendorHRCJun-27-01 12:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6526, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 28

Well, the debate now rages at dsm.talk. Check out the Lounge forum and the thread "Is a 2GNT a DSM?" Please resist the urge to reply from a 2GNT point of view, as I am trying to 'draw out' the opinions of others. What I mean is, our feelings on this are pretty obvious, so we do not want to discourage others who do not share our opinions. My primary objective there is not to 'bait' or mess with people, but to point up the hypocrisy of having a class called DSM Powered, at a race called the DSM Shootout, while excluding all DSM engines but the 4G63 from this apparently mis-named class. Take a look at the thread and keep an eye on it as the opinions flow...it's entertaining to watch!

We took the Neon and the RS out one last time in their present configurations on Sunday. The outcome was mixed: the Neon ran a 9.88 first pass (YES!)! The RS only got one run (we got there late, several oildowns ensued), a bogging 11.83. Poor driving, really. Conditions were really no better, maybe worse than last Tuesday. So be it! Both cars will now move to the next level: the RS gets nitrous to accompany its Stage V setup (essentially, we will be 'cloning' the combo that went 9.88 with the Neon into the RS). The Neon will get its auto trans and killer motor setup, so 9.88 will be the record for an off-the-shelf HRC Stage V turbosystem with a 100 HP shot of N20.

I think that says it all about the capability of our Turbosystems. No other company can match the years of development and testing they contain, the results that have been achieved, nor the decades of turbosystem experience that went into their design.

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

magnusJun-28-01 11:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
#6527, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 30

Damn Bill put it down....11's with a stock head. HRC,NER,HRC,NER,HRC,NER,HRC,NER.......DAMMIT I cant decide
Well someone is gettin 2+ grand in aug

VendorHRCJun-30-01 09:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6528, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 31

If you need help in making a choice between low price and high experience, give me a call. I can help you understand the difference.

420A forever,
Bill Hahn Jr.

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

TalonJun-30-01 10:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#6529, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 32

HELL YEAH...

Bill just wanting to know what mods you are doing to the neon auto. i am so pissed at myself for not getting a 5spd and like i said i think i another post am doing an engine rebuild near the end of summer for an HRC stage2+ at the beginning of next summer. are you gonna level 10 that auto? or what?

Thanks

Talon
97'Talon Esi
AEM cam gears
Injen short ram intake
Rear-upper strut bar

would have more mods but just a poor kid! LOL

VendorHRCJul-01-01 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#6530, "RE: Unloading the "Neon""
In response to Reply # 33

Yes, Level 10 has prepared the transmissions for our Neon program. We will be the testbed for their technology in a high-powered scenario of 700-800 HP. We may also experiment with an auto trans in the RS.

Level 10 already offers components to upgrade your transmission in the 300-400 HP range. Visit them:

http://www.levelten.com

I have already drag raced a hi 12 second Neon with a mostly stock AT. This car was so easy to do burnouts, stage and be consistent with. On the street, the taller overall gearing of the AT can really help reduce wheelspin. AT users need not feel left out: you actaully enjoy some advantages that you can exploit if you plan to get serious.

y b normal,
Bill

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6496 Previous topic | Next topic