Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6419
View in linear mode

Subject: "I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
99GSBBTurboJun-17-01 08:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6419, "I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"

ok...here's what Mitsubishi might do.

I talked to Jermy Friday and he said that after they put my engine back together, they found that there's some play in my bearings . He told me he's going to push for a new engine...well, I will find out either Monday or Tuesday if I will get one.

My question is...should I have anything done to it while it's out??? I was told they will use my same belts, alternater, intake...ect. Should I have any of the belts changed??? I only have 23,XXX miles on it. What about the head gasket??? Will they be putting one on?? If so, should I get a thicker one??? Any advice while they have my engine out? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, cyan, Jun-17-01 09:26 PM, #1
RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, 99GSBBTurbo, Jun-18-01 07:03 AM, #2
RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, RoboTechDSM, Jun-18-01 07:30 AM, #3
RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, RoboTechDSM, Jun-18-01 07:32 AM, #4
      RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, 99GSBBTurbo, Jun-18-01 12:50 PM, #5
           RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-18-01 05:13 PM, #6
                RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-18-01 05:13 PM, #7

cyanJun-17-01 09:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6420, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

for sure get the AFX pulley and the thicker gasket while its out, and you might also want to get some cam gears installed while its out to save a good $200 if you decide to get them down the road.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99GSBBTurboJun-18-01 07:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#6421, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I wasn't planning on getting cams cause I was told that since I have a turbo, it might be bad. I will try to get that thicker head gasket. That will lower my compression...right.

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

RoboTechDSMJun-18-01 07:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#6422, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Ask if they can get you the 4G63 powerplant, LOL!!!!!

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoboTechDSMJun-18-01 07:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#6423, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Imagine.....'Performance Without The Crankwalk'

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

99GSBBTurboJun-18-01 12:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#6424, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

What do you think about painting my cam gear cover??? What paint do you all recomend???

9D9 MITSU RSJun-18-01 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#6425, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Red or blue would look good for your car under the hood. I like how clean it is without graphics. If you don't want contrast, go white or chrome.

9D9 MITSU RSJun-18-01 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#6426, "RE: I might get a new engine!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

I though u meant cam cover aka valve cover. NM I'd say white or red or whatever.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6419 Previous topic | Next topic