Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #593
View in linear mode

Subject: "Road Race Engineering.com" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse_gsJan-02-01 09:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#593, "Road Race Engineering.com"

'95-'99 Turbo Kit for the Non-Turbo
We don't have one. First, you should have bought the turbo Eclipse in the first place if you want to go that fast. Second, for about the price of a good turbo kit and the installation you can sell your car, take the money and another $2,000 or $3,000 and go buy a GS-T. Third, you have a Dodge Neon motor in your car and it has nothing in common with the Mitsubishi 4G63 motor.

Now with that said, you love your car and you love your low NT insurance rates and you have $2,400 to $3,500 burning a big hole in your pocket. You must have a turbo NOW. Hahn Race Craft makes the best 2G NT turbo kit available by far. Anyone with a bender can make up some plumbing and hang an odd sized T-3 Garrett on the front of the motor. Hahn Race Craft are the only guys that carefully researched the whole system.

They have been testing and running 2G NTs on the dyno for years to get it right. Get the Hahn kit if you must.

Hahn Race Craft (630) 801-1417 http://www.hrchahnracecraft.com

.....what gives?? Wyatt, go race a turbo and show these mutts what NT's are all about.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
420a engine, 95ESi, Jan-02-01 11:57 AM, #1
RE: Road Race Engineering.com, Sabot, Jan-02-01 02:11 PM, #2
RE: Road Race Engineering.com, Tygermethd, Jan-02-01 05:02 PM, #3
RE: Road Race Engineering.com, Armond30, Jan-02-01 05:24 PM, #4
patrick ;), Locke, Jan-02-01 05:49 PM, #5
      RE: patrick ;), Tygermethd, Jan-03-01 05:08 PM, #7
RE: Road Race Engineering.com, Administratoradmin, Jan-02-01 08:14 PM, #6
RE: Road Race Engineering.com, BoostnRS, Jan-04-01 06:07 PM, #8

95ESiJan-02-01 11:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#594, "420a engine"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jan-01 AT 05:01 PM (PST)

What's wrong with our 420a engines anyhow?!?
It's loud, growly, and it's by Chrysler!

Oh yeah...no crankwalk!

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SabotJan-02-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
692 posts,
#595, "RE: Road Race Engineering.com"
In response to Reply # 0

yea I posted the same thing earlier last year and for them being such professionals they sound like dirtbags by saying something like that about the 420A. It sound to me that if it doesn't have a 4g63 turbo they can't make it go fast. Not liking the 420A is one thing, being ignorant about it is another.Just my .02 is all good peace in the new year.

TygermethdJan-02-01 05:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
10 posts,
#596, "RE: Road Race Engineering.com"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jan-01 AT 10:03 PM (PST)

Damn, that's a shame. I thought the fellas at RRE were good guys. I've spoken to one of the fellas there before and he was pretty cool when I told him I actually was a turbo-GS. He asked a few things, one of which included why I didn't buy a GST, but he was cool about it. He even gave me props on my 1320 time. High 13-sec pass on only 9psi vs. the GSTs 15sec 14psi. I don't think they understand the potential of the 420A...can't wait to tell him what I pull this year after having done my build-up
Could've been you just got a reply from the prick out of the bunch.

Patrick

Armond30Jan-02-01 05:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#597, "RE: Road Race Engineering.com"
In response to Reply # 0

Screw them and get the Hahn kit and start wasting gs-t's like everybody else. They have probably never built a neon.

have fun!

LockeJan-02-01 05:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
111 posts,
#598, "patrick ;)"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jan-01 AT 10:52 PM (PST)

hey thats a tite looking ride. Any more picks =)?

man! what mods did you have again to run that 13.9? I have the star stage 2 kit but thats it....I notice theres a little oil leaking in back right corner of my valve cover. I think its either I filled it up with almost 5 quarts of motor oil..or just the fact that I dont have a exhuast system in yet causing back pressure.Might have a bad head gasket now o_O. I dunno lates

Dont buy from importripoff.com(aka importparts.com)pls They suck

TygermethdJan-03-01 05:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
10 posts,
#599, "RE: patrick ;)"
In response to Reply # 5

Locke,
I do have the Star Stage 2 kit as well, though with a few more added mods. I'm working on getting website up soon, so I'm going to try and get some more pics and info on my mods up on there.
As far as your oil leak, there seems to be alot of others on this board who have had or are having the same problem. I was one of the seemingly more and more now that ended up having to replace my head gasket, among other things. I'm pretty sure you've seen the discussions. If the oil leak is right under your valve cover though it could simply be the gasket sealant has worn away or you are due for a new valve cover gasket itself. Overfilling the oil probably didn't help either. Hopefully its just your valve cover gasket though.

Patrick

AdministratoradminJan-02-01 08:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
100 posts,
#600, "RE: Road Race Engineering.com"
In response to Reply # 0

Just because they don't like/work on the 420A doesn't mean we should write them off or disrespect them. They have the best reputation of any of the main DSM vendors, and are the top of the line (along with DSS) for knowledge on suspension and handling setup.

I have been to RRE many times, talked with Mike and the guys at length, and even helped crew for a couple rally events. They are all very cool, and are starting to appreciate the performance potential of our cars when turbocharged. You have to understand that they've been working on 300-400 hp+ turbo DSMs for years before there was a turbo kit even close to production for us. So of course they are more interested in the 4g63. Besides, they have enough tired 1Gs and crank-walked 2G-Ts alone to keep em seriously busy. Now that people are showing up with 200, 250 and even 300hp 2GNT's, they are giving us more credibility. Besides, you should hear what they say about other cars out there, esp Honduhs!

Anyway I just wanted to put my thoughts in here on this. Have a thicker skin, put up with their ribbing, and you'll get all the _right_ answers to making your car handle better, and pretty much anything else that doesn't involve the engine itself. Very good tradeoff in my books.

juan

BoostnRSJan-04-01 06:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#601, "RE: Road Race Engineering.com"
In response to Reply # 6

I believe you can make any motor have high output with enough research and $$$...
the 420a is an excellent platform. the closest thing that it relates to in the import scene, is the integra 1.8.. which the 420a is a far better design, and a uncomparably stronger motor.

my 0.02$

later!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #593 Previous topic | Next topic