Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #57284
View in linear mode

Subject: "Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users" Previous topic | Next topic
TeametxSep-30-03 09:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57284, "Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"

I have installed corbins 8 injector system. But so far I have not been able to configure the EIC with my laptop. The software on the 034efi.com is missing required libraries and I emailed Javad of 034 efi about this problem. He insisted on snail-mailing me a set of 3.5 inch floppy disks. Well i think most people know in this day and age the floppy disk is about as good as a punch card. All the disks have invalid filesystems. I really need to get this software running. The super.exe software gives me an error message about not being able to open the com port and will now exit. This is on my laptop, but on my desktop the program runs fine. When i press the GO buttion it will show the matrix part of the application and attemt to connect to the eic via serial port. On my laptop it does not show the matrix and gives me a completely different error message that I believe is related to the software not being able to access the serial port due to a missing/invalid library.

So my question is, can someone please send me the correct software? This is driving me nuts, javad will NOT email or give me a url to get the software. I assume it has a proper setup application that will install the proper libraries unlike the super.exe program available on his web site. Thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, Matt_95tgs, Sep-30-03 11:44 AM, #1
RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, Teametx, Sep-30-03 01:05 PM, #2
      RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-30-03 02:00 PM, #3
      RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, el2oCz, Sep-30-03 02:11 PM, #4
           RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, Teametx, Sep-30-03 02:18 PM, #5
                RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, SolarYellowEclipse, Sep-30-03 08:05 PM, #6
                RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, Teametx, Oct-01-03 05:05 AM, #8
                     RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, SolarYellowEclipse, Oct-02-03 12:06 AM, #11
                RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, zhr420, Sep-30-03 10:29 PM, #7
                     RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, Teametx, Oct-01-03 08:42 AM, #9
                          RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users, Teametx, Oct-01-03 05:46 PM, #10

Matt_95tgsSep-30-03 11:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57296, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-30-03 11:44 AM by Matt_95tgs

You can download everything here: http://www.034efi.com/instructions.html

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeametxSep-30-03 01:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57303, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, thats where I downloaded them from. The computer in my Z is running it correctly now for some reason. Javad made it seem like the software he was sending me was updated from the stuff on the site, or had an install program with the support libs. He still has not responded to my email. I'm thinkin his package got x-rayed and erased the floppys or something to that effect.

ModeratorCorbinSep-30-03 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#57306, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-30-03 02:02 PM by Corbin

I recently loaded the software on a couple different laptops with success. I went to the page that Matt mentions and downloaded the 5 files. After the download is complete, make sure that the file extensions are right. Some computers will automatically change the file extension of one of the files and that will screw everything up (you won't be able to load the program). Then put ECU1.cab, Setup.exe, and Setup.lst onto a floppy disk. Then put ECU2.cab onto a second disk. Insert the first disk into the drive and open Setup.exe on the disk. That should open the setup program. It will soon prompt you to insert the second disk. Do this and let the program continue. Setup should complete now. If setup did not complete properly, the files you put on the disk will be corrupted. You will have to delete them and re-copy them from the hard drive of the computer that you downloaded them on. Now head out to the car and turn it on (powering up the EIC). Plug the serial cable into the computer and EIC. You should now be able to open the ECU32 program (its for the standalone fuel system). You may have to select the proper comm port under "comm" menu. You should be able to look under the "view" menu and select license. Then input the number 255-255-255. If it accepts this, then you are ready to go. Shut down the ECU32 program and open Super.exe on your hard drive. You may have to select the comm port under the "port" menu. Click "go" to communicate with the EIC. I did this from memory, but I think this is the right way.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

el2oCzSep-30-03 02:11 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2003
262 posts,
#57309, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 2

where did you get the corbin 8 injector setup. Ive been thinking about doing this but I dont nothing about this setup yet.

TeametxSep-30-03 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57311, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-30-03 02:31 PM by etx

el2oCz:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/8inj.html

Corbin, let me give that a shot. I have gotten the program to install fine from the hard drive, I do not see the reason to install from a floppy disk. I don't even think I have any floppy disks in my house other than the ones javad sent me.

edit: here are the screen shots of the ECU32 app and Super app erroring and exiting. I'm going to link Javad to this thread for him to see them also. Thanks for your help Corbin!

SolarYellowEclipseSep-30-03 08:05 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
63 posts,
#57354, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 5

Man, what's with these top-taskbar people? And what's up with all your crapped up network connections? lol

TeametxOct-01-03 05:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57366, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 6

>Man, what's with these top-taskbar people? And what's up
>with all your crapped up network connections? lol

whats up with your yellow car and that huge wing? you do know your car is front wheel drive right? jk man

This is my laptop, its got wireless and 100mbps network. I don't have the rj45 plugged in so that interface is not up.

Now for some reason the program is working on the computer in my Z, I guess ill have to take both cars up there and program the eclipse with the Z.

SolarYellowEclipseOct-02-03 12:06 AM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
63 posts,
#57500, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 8

>whats up with your yellow car and that huge wing? you do know
>your car is front wheel drive right? jk man

DOH!! Damn you etx! I agree... putting that wing on was the worst thing I have ever done to my car. It's comin off and going back to no wing at all as soon as I have enough money to have the holes welded and the frickin hatch repainted. But the yellow rocks... it's my favorite color. So you suck. JK!

Anyway, before I forget, speaking about Corbin's 8 injector setup, I came across Cartech's website and saw that they had a fuel rail kit that comes with 2 fuel rails, Aeromotive regulator, SS lines, and fittings and crap and I thought this might save a little money for anyone making an 8 injector setup. I don't know if the Cartech fuel rails are crap like some other stuff *cough* FPR *cough* or if they'll fit properly, but I thought I'd pass the link on if anyone's interested.

http://www.cartech.net/fuelsystems.htm

And here's a photoshop of no stupid wing :

Man it looks so much better without it... DAMMIT

zhr420Sep-30-03 10:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#57356, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-30-03 10:30 PM by zhr420

ok on your Laptop are your com ports one and two enabled? ok if both are enabled then go check what port your mouse is on, you can check that by going to its properties. then go make sure that the software is not tryin to use the same com port as the mouse, if it was that's your problem solved.
later
"Z"

TeametxOct-01-03 08:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57399, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 7

com port is enabled and is com 4, my mouse is ps2 so it dosent interfere.

TeametxOct-01-03 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57483, "RE: Attn: Corbin / or other 8 injector users"
In response to Reply # 9

Ok, i just got it working.. I just changed the com4 to com1 in the windows hardware setting for the serial port. Then it worked. f'in windows... Thanks for your help guys.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #57284 Previous topic | Next topic