Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55912
View in linear mode

Subject: "small small cracks in turbo!!" Previous topic | Next topic
final_crisisSep-09-03 07:11 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2002
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55912, "small small cracks in turbo!!"

ok guys, in my tb03 turbo housing i found a few (2) small cracks. not in the turbo itself, but the other half which connects to the manifold. in other words, the brown half of the turbo. will this cause a problem once installed, or do i have nothing to worry about? also how can i tell if my turbo is any good? is there a way i can check it? heeelllpp......i need boost

I only value the opinions i give to you!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

a_miller_76Sep-10-03 02:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55922, "RE: small small cracks in turbo!!"
In response to Reply # 0

The "brown part" is called your turbine housing, exhaust side, or hot side. The other side is your compressor side.

If you have cracks in your exhaust side of the turbo then you may (depending on the size of the cracks) experience increased turbo lag due to exhaust leaks. If they are big enough then you may not get boost at all. I think cracks like this can be welded back together, but I'm not totally sure. IMO, buy a new exhaust side.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The1BillSep-10-03 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#55982, "RE: small small cracks in turbo!!"
In response to Reply # 1

They tend to crack because of the heat cycling. Those cracks can be welded with a nickle-rich welding rod.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

turbo8uSep-10-03 03:26 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#55983, "RE: small small cracks in turbo!!"
In response to Reply # 2

i eat jb weld for breakfast

yea, welding will work.
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

CollenteSep-10-03 04:01 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#55985, "RE: small small cracks in turbo!!"
In response to Reply # 3

jbweld will no way hold that type of heat... (this i know )
Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK

final_crisisSep-10-03 05:59 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2002
35 posts,
#55991, "RE: small small cracks in turbo!!"
In response to Reply # 0

thks guys. the cracks are small, i guess i'll take my chances once installed.

I only value the opinions i give to you!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55912 Previous topic | Next topic