Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44941
View in linear mode

Subject: "02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer" Previous topic | Next topic
BattleZEclipse98Mar-17-03 05:41 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
59 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44941, "02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"

hey i just installed my apexi turbo timer unit with the A/F

all i did was attach the harness and ground the unit along with the brake sensor. i did not use the a/f wire for anything. thats how i set it up.

i'm not familiar with what is a good reading

what is too rich or lean? I usually run somewhere around 1.0 during idle and it goes as high as 2.3+ during acceleration and leaning out when i initially hit the throttle. i read that the ground is very important. where should I have grounded it for accurate readings?
but what i'm really looking for an answer to is what is "good" 02 readings. and where does too lean or too rich begin

thanks

Matt-
98 Eclipse 420A MODS:
HRC Stage 2 w/ SMIC
Super-16G Turbo
30# Accel Injectors
Vortech SFMU
Missing Link
Final Drive Gear Mod
B&M Tranny SuperCooler
AF/X UDP
Full Urethane Blitz Body Kit
17" Motegi MR4/Kumho ECSTA 711
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, Karl, Mar-17-03 09:34 PM, #1
RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, Teametx, Mar-18-03 06:32 AM, #2
      RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, Kirby, Mar-18-03 06:58 AM, #3
           RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, Teametx, Mar-18-03 09:31 AM, #4
                RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, BattleZEclipse98, Mar-18-03 06:34 PM, #5
                     RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, pn0ymahal, Mar-18-03 07:39 PM, #6
                          RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, Teametx, Mar-19-03 04:33 AM, #7
                               RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, NX112, Mar-19-03 05:05 AM, #8
                                    RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, Teametx, Mar-19-03 05:45 AM, #9
                                         RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer, BattleZEclipse98, Apr-19-03 05:00 PM, #10

KarlMar-17-03 09:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44953, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 0

As a fellow A'pexi auto timer owner, I have to tell you that you did not completely install the TT. If you did not solder the a/f wire to the ecu, then it is not reading out the correct a/f ratio to the TT's display. Go back and solder the a/f wire, and you should see the a/f ratio working correctly (If I remember correctly, it is the small black and white wire on the upper port of the ecu for 97+). Rich conditions for the 02 sensor voltage typically is in the .75V and up range.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeametxMar-18-03 06:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#44969, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 1

On my 98 the O2 signal wire is the grey wire on the bottom of the upper plug on the ecu. With this TT you can view the A/F and O2 readings. Whats the differance? O2 is the current o2 sensor readout, and the A/F reading is the amount of air to 1 part fuel. It should stick around 14.7. The A/F reading is what you want to keep your eye on, the o2 just bounces around and wont tell you much. The Apexi TT is great i love it! w00t!

check out this link for more about o2 readings and what they really mean. http://www.zx2racing.com/mods/mods_mil.htm

KirbyMar-18-03 06:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#44971, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 2

Not to hijack the thread but what is the low limit you guy's set on your Apexi? I have mine set to like 50 seconds, and I'm wondering if this is too long?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

TeametxMar-18-03 09:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#44979, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 3

Mine is still set to the factory settings. I blew my motor 2 days after i installed the TT so i havent messed with it yet.

BattleZEclipse98Mar-18-03 06:34 PM
59 posts,
#45010, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 4

ohh I was under the impression it determined the A/F by reading whatever is delivered from the harness. everyone said plug and play, not plug, solder, and play thats ok i dont mind. i was going to solder that wire on but the instructions that came with the unit were so crappy i could barely make heads or tails with their diagrams. i still should have known better. thanks for giving me a better description of the wire i'm gonna be looking for.

later

Matt-
98 Eclipse 420A MODS:
HRC Stage 2 w/ SMIC
Super-16G Turbo
30# Accel Injectors
Vortech SFMU
Missing Link
Final Drive Gear Mod
B&M Tranny SuperCooler
AF/X UDP

pn0ymahalMar-18-03 07:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#45012, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 5

"ohh I was under the impression it determined the A/F by reading whatever is delivered from the harness"

thats true but you got to hook it up completly dude. if you dont hook up the a/f wires it wont read the a/f mixture.
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

TeametxMar-19-03 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#45024, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah, i got the apexi harness and it was all wrong. I had to bust out the fluke meter and rewire it to work. But here is my question! How did you guys get the power locks to not unlock the doors after it shuts the engine off? If i let it run and walk away it will leave my car unlocked!

NX112Mar-19-03 05:05 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2002
444 posts,
#45028, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 7

you don't have to solder the wire to the ecu you can just use wire taps to link it to the o2 sensor, it works cause i see it work everyday in conjunction with my autometer a/f gauge. as for the door locking problem i just lock them manually and walk away and in a min. and a half i arm the alarm.

"Objects In Mirror Are Losing"

TeametxMar-19-03 05:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#45032, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 8

jeah i got no alarm. hrmmm

BattleZEclipse98Apr-19-03 05:00 PM
59 posts,
#47044, "RE: 02 sensor on the apexi turbo timer"
In response to Reply # 9
Apr-19-03 05:40 PM by BattleZEclipse98

edit: nevermind

Matt-
98 Eclipse 420A MODS:
HRC Stage 2 w/ SMIC
Super-16G Turbo
30# Accel Injectors
Vortech SFMU
Missing Link
Final Drive Gear Mod
B&M Tranny SuperCooler
AF/X UDP

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44941 Previous topic | Next topic