Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44149
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)" Previous topic | Next topic
trickedeclipseMar-30-01 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44149, "ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"

some questions i came across while reading the install book that came with my kit:

1. doesn't an iceman intake already have a location to screw the fogger nozzle into? if not, how far into the intake should i drill from the throttle body - inches? (i'm assuming i should port it into the intake right?)
2. where did you mount your solenoids?
3. should i really go under the vehicle with the braided hose, or just go through the firewall (passenger side) and under the center counsel under the rug to the trunk compartment?
4. when connecting to the fuel rail, do i already have the "test port"? will the 4AN fitting fit the threads?
5. will alot of gasoline pour out when the Schrader valve is removed?
6. what exactly is a tire valve core wrench? where can i buy one? this is what you are supposed to use when removing the Schrader valve.
7. did you have any problems mounting the microswitch? (did the metal have to be bent or anything?)

thanks a million, Stan... PJ

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions), Team96NOS_Eclipse, Mar-30-01 11:18 AM, #1
RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions), trickedeclipse, Mar-30-01 01:57 PM, #2
      RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions), DSMRoadster, Mar-30-01 06:23 PM, #3
RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions), TeamStan2gnt, Mar-30-01 06:34 PM, #4
RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions), Team96NOS_Eclipse, Mar-31-01 10:30 AM, #5
      RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions), trickedeclipse, Mar-31-01 03:32 PM, #6

Team96NOS_EclipseMar-30-01 11:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44150, "RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry not stan again But I will try to answer some of your questions. I'm sure Stan will see this eventually

>1. doesn't an iceman intake already
>have a location to screw
>the fogger nozzle into? if
>not, how far into the
>intake should i drill from
>the throttle body - inches?
>(i'm assuming i should port
>it into the intake right?)

I won't answer this one or at least not all of it cause some I don't remember.
No the Ice man doesn't come with a hole, it has a knobby thing but don't drill there.

>
>2. where did you mount your
>solenoids?

On the firewall on the passenger side

>3. should i really go under
>the vehicle with the braided
>hose, or just go through
>the firewall (passenger side) and
>under the center counsel under
>the rug to the trunk
>compartment?

Probably better off on the outside. Less trouble anyway.

>4. when connecting to the fuel
>rail, do i already have
>the "test port"? will the
>4AN fitting fit the threads?

>
>5. will alot of gasoline pour
>out when the Schrader valve
>is removed?

It won't really come shooting out or anything, just have a rag handy.

>6. what exactly is a tire
>valve core wrench?

It sort of looks like a chuck key for a drill, well at least in shape.

>where can
>i buy one?

We got ours at Fleet Farm but you can probably get one from most any auto parts or large hardware/Wal-Mart store.

>this is
>what you are supposed to
>use when removing the Schrader
>valve.

Yes.

>7. did you have any
>problems mounting the microswitch? (did
>the metal have to be
>bent or anything?)

This a kind of figure out what works kind of deal I know we had to play with ours awhile befor it was exactly right. Trial and error.

Michelle
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

trickedeclipseMar-30-01 01:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44151, "RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"
In response to Reply # 1

hey michelle, this is funny you might be interested...

i was at the local car auto speed shop, installations unlimited (auto-options.com) and i wanted to order my NOS kit through them. i was talking to a guy there, and he said that i needed kit #5132 or 5123 whichever it may be. and i was disagreeing saying that there is someone on the 2gnt forum that has the exact same car (year and everything) and she has the 5208 kit. well, he calls NOS and the guy at NOS laughs and says that the 5208 kit will NOT work on our cars. i "need to go with 5132" or whatever. so then he asked me what the site address was, and i gave him it. and he pulled up your message that comments we should (96 and newer) use the 5208 kit. i told the guy that i take your word (michelle) over his, and since you've already installed and had no problems with it, i want the same kit as you. he said that i will be sorry in the long run, then, i left.

hope this shows you guys how much i trust you.

by the way, i'm looking at the 5208 kit right now, it's still on the shrink wrapped sheets, but it doesn't seem like there is two differant size nozzles (50 shot and 75 shot)... is there? or does the 5208 only come with a 75 shot nozzle?

thanks

PJ 96 esi talon soon to be 96 talon esi-nos

-PJ

"Making Dreams Reality"

DSMRoadsterMar-30-01 06:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#44152, "RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"
In response to Reply # 2

How much did you order yours for? And how many shots is it?
F.K.A Veasna97NT

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

TeamStan2gntMar-30-01 06:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#44153, "RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"
In response to Reply # 0

Keep in mind I have a dry kit so everything might not apply to your kit
>
>1. doesn't an iceman intake already
>have a location to screw
>the fogger nozzle into? if
>not, how far into the
>intake should i drill from
>the throttle body - inches?

No the iceman doesn't have a fitting for a nozzle. I drilled right where the iceman angles near the battery on the bottom of the intake (you cant see it from above. Its a straight shot from there.

>2. where did you mount your
>solenoids?

Right on the firewall

>3. should i really go under
>the vehicle with the braided
>hose, or just go through
>the firewall (passenger side) and
>under the center counsel under
>the rug to the trunk
>compartment?

You probably should go under the car but I did just as you suggested under the passenger side carper through the firewall. Even if the line ruptures there is no danger under there (I've had it happen. Keep the line off metal surfaces as much as possble to prevent that from happening. I dont think the supplied line would have been long enough to run under the car.

>4. when connecting to the fuel
>rail, do i already have
>the "test port"? will the
>4AN fitting fit the threads?

I've only heard of one person who claimed not to have a test port on their rail. There's a 99% chance you have one. I dont know what size it is. On a dry kit you dont need to open it except to install the fuel pressure safety switch (optionally). The kit includes an adapter fitting that fits but I'm not sure the size. Ask 96NOS they have a wet kit installed.

>5. will alot of gasoline pour
>out when the Schrader valve
>is removed?

Pull the back seat up and remove the connector to the fuel pump. Start the car and let it run until it runs out of gas. That will depressurize the fuel system. If not just open the valve slowly (like a shaken Pepsi) and catch the fuel with a rag.

>6. what exactly is a tire
>valve core wrench? where can
>i buy one? this is
>what you are supposed to
>use when removing the Schrader
>valve.

I dont know what the hell a tire valve core wrench is. Buy a schreader valve removal wrench.

>7. did you have any
>problems mounting the microswitch? (did
>the metal have to be
>bent or anything?)

Yes it required bending the mounting tab and a few washers to raise it high enough off the TB. Takes some trial and error to get it right. At least there's a threaded hole on the TB already in the right place so you dont have any problems bolting it on.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Team96NOS_EclipseMar-31-01 10:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44154, "RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 31-Mar-01 AT 03:31 PM (PST)

He he, 5208 is the right kit, and i'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones running it. The only reason I could see that would confse that guy would be because it is listed for the turbo cars instead but works perfectly fine on the N/T's. Makes you wonder lol

>>>>by the way, i'm looking at the 5208 kit right now, it's still on the shrink wrapped sheets, but it doesn't seem like there is two differant size nozzles (50 shot and 75 shot)... is there? or does the 5208 only come with a 75 shot nozzle?<<<<

The kit comes with 2 50 shot jets and 1 nozzle (the jets go in the nozzle). The nozzle should be blue (ours is) and sort of shaped like a Y. The jets are the only things you replace when you go to a higher shot, nozzle stays the same.
The jets look like this (see pic) and each jet has a number on it. (022 and 037 for the 50 shot ones) From what I remember the smaller number is the one for the fuel as we had them backwards when we first did ours and the car would just bog from the excess fuel.

Michelle
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

trickedeclipseMar-31-01 03:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#44155, "RE: ATTN: Stan (lots of questions)"
In response to Reply # 5

stan, michelle...you're the greatest, i owe you guys big time!!

-PJ

"Making Dreams Reality"

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #44149 Previous topic | Next topic