Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #16621
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)" Previous topic | Next topic
SpoolinEclipse97Feb-28-02 11:53 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
82 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16621, "ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"

How does this setup sound to you, by the way i have the star kit with custom FMIC.... ill be getting the engine built in about 2-3 weeks(whenever internals show up) with 8.5:1 compression Wiseco pistons, eagle rods. for fuel, i want to run moderate boost, dont need a drag car or anything, so i want to run 10-12psi daily. i plan on getting the 30lb injectors from summit and using the 6:1 disk in the FMU. you think this would be sufficient for 10-12psi daily,on the stock ECU, with the engine built? DeanoD seems to think it would be fine, im just looking for other opinions so i can be sure. thanks a lot for any info/opinions.

1997 Eclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), 99Eclipse, Feb-28-02 11:56 AM, #1
RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), SpoolinEclipse97, Feb-28-02 03:36 PM, #2
      RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-28-02 04:51 PM, #3
           RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), HadesOmega, Feb-28-02 06:08 PM, #4
                RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), TeamMuRiX, Mar-01-02 12:21 AM, #5
                     RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), SpoolinEclipse97, Mar-01-02 11:12 AM, #6
                          RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus), Nitrous_RS1997, Mar-01-02 11:21 AM, #7

99EclipseFeb-28-02 11:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16622, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 0

Guess you'll find out threw trial and error.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SpoolinEclipse97Feb-28-02 03:36 PM
82 posts,
#16623, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 1

uhhh... ok

1997 Eclipse

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-28-02 04:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#16624, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 2

That injector/riser combo should be okay for 10-12PSI of boost .. but i'd still run an AFC for fine tuning.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

HadesOmegaFeb-28-02 06:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#16625, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 3

so it's okay to have less pressure if you have bigger injectors? The star's FMU comes with a 12:1 so that means the pressure is 12x at full boost? I'm not that good with the fuel system, it last think wanna go fiddling around with

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamMuRiXMar-01-02 12:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#16626, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 4

It is necessary to lower the fule pressure or you will be pig rich. Running high fuel pressure causes injectors to work very hard which in turns heats the fuel. Say it with me guys - heat causes detonation. Running larger injectors allows for lower pressure levels and much happier injectors. It is generally accepted that larger injectors allows for more timing. You have to find the trade off between idle, driveability, mpg, and size. I am a believer in run as big as you can which is why I have 625's and stock fuel pressure levels.

I think Corbins page has some good info.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

SpoolinEclipse97Mar-01-02 11:12 AM
82 posts,
#16627, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 5

thanks very much for the input guys.

1997 Eclipse

Nitrous_RS1997Mar-01-02 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#16628, "RE: ATTN: Dino( or other turbo gurus)"
In response to Reply # 6

that setup sounds good to me. a SAFC is always a good thing to have no matter what, but i would think the stock ECU could control em fine. you definitely shouldnt have to worry about being lean, probably will be a little too rich.

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #16621 Previous topic | Next topic