Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1337
View in linear mode

Subject: "HRC inline pump" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-31-01 04:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1337, "HRC inline pump"

I'm planning to get the HRC inline pump...whoever has it installed let me know where and how it attaches, and how hard was it to install?

thanks

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HRC inline pump, TeamWyatt, Jan-31-01 06:54 PM, #1
RE: HRC inline pump, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-01-01 03:58 AM, #2
      RE: HRC inline pump, TeamWyatt, Feb-01-01 04:26 AM, #3
           RE: HRC inline pump, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-01-01 05:39 AM, #4
           inline pump, 95ESi, Feb-01-01 05:40 AM, #5
                RE: inline pump, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-01-01 05:48 AM, #6
                     RE: inline pump, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-01-01 07:54 AM, #7
                     RE: inline pump, 95ESi, Feb-01-01 09:02 AM, #9
                     RE: inline pump, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-01-01 09:12 AM, #11
                          RE: inline pump, 95ESi, Feb-01-01 10:36 AM, #13
                               LoL, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-01-01 10:51 AM, #14
                                    RE: LoL, 95ESi, Feb-01-01 02:29 PM, #16
                                         RE: LoL, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-02-01 03:51 AM, #19
                     SAFC and 440's, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-01-01 09:10 AM, #10
                          RE: SAFC and 440's, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-01-01 09:46 AM, #12
                          RE: SAFC and 440's, Phat99Eclipse, Feb-01-01 02:15 PM, #15
                               RE: SAFC and 440's (FPR interaction), TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-01-01 05:02 PM, #17
                     RE: inline pump, 95ESi, Feb-01-01 09:01 AM, #8
                          RE: inline pump, Nemizis, Feb-02-01 12:42 AM, #18
                               RE: inline pump, 95ESi, Feb-02-01 05:18 AM, #20
                                    RE: inline pump, Nemizis, Feb-02-01 05:53 AM, #21

TeamWyattJan-31-01 06:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1338, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 0

Star has an in-line pump that flows 65gpm @ 125psi of FP. If your worried about fuel flow that should sum it up. I don't think you wil lneed it though.

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 03:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1339, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 1

Dude, how much ? i'd love to have that ...

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamWyattFeb-01-01 04:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1340, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 01-Feb-01 AT 09:27 AM (PST)

We can do a direct swap with the one I was going to send out.
Instead of sending the walbro direct-replacement, I could send the in-line. You could stil luse your stock fuel pump. I think this would be overboard, 65gph is a lot of damn fuel. I'll e-mail you.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 05:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1341, "RE: HRC inline pump"
In response to Reply # 3

Sounds good. How much is the pump, if i want to buy it in addition to the direct replacement Walbro ?

Can never have too much fuel ..

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95ESiFeb-01-01 05:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1342, "inline pump"
In response to Reply # 3

looking at the walbro specs again:

80 psi: 43 GPH, 2714 cc/min
90 psi: 35 GPH, 2209 cc/min
100 psi: 27 GPH, 1704 cc/min
110 psi: 15 GPH, 946 cc/min

65 GPH @ 115psi is really safe I think? Would there be any noise associated with it like the walbro pump??

I did some calculations...and running with stock injectors, you will need 115 psi so that the 4 injectors can flow 1471 cc/min to sustain ~9 psi of boost...of course getting new injectors would be best....

I got a question...if two different fuel pumps with different flow rates pumping at the same PSI, does the same amount of fuel get injected (since the injectors are limited to a certain xx cc/min)?

Hey Darkone, which pump are you going for?

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1343, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm seriously considering that Star inline. if it really flows that much at that kind of pressure, it's perfect for us. I wonder why they don't include it in the kits ? If it will maintain the pressures needed better than the walbro, why not?

It's an idea for Wyatt, for sure. Does it come with all the fittings, wiring, harness, bracket, etc. that i would need? I'm not really big on "fabrication" (read: afro engineering ) so if not, is there any way to get them? Does it tie into the fuel line where the rubber line from the pump screws into the metal line, behind the passenger side spash guard in the rear wheel well?

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-01-01 07:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1344, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 6

The HRC inline goes right in front the of fuel filter and right before the hard feed line. To wire it, you would do something similar to a fuel pump rewire. You use the stock fuel power wire as a switch and bring a 10ga. or so the the relay from the battery. And of course a good ground. (You may just want to go in-line with the stock ground for the stock ground fuel pump) It's pretty straightforward.

Guys, I think you should still think about going S-AFC coupled with 440cc injectors. I know it's more expensive, but it seems like a good

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Anything to avoid blowing an engine in my book it a good thing!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

95ESiFeb-01-01 09:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1345, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 7

on the 1995's the fuel filter is in the front of the car...so would it still go near the fuel filter?

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 09:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1346, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 9

No, it would still go in the same place: rear of the car, by the tank, behind passenger side splash guard in the wheel well. You'll have to jack the car up or get it on a lift to install it.

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95ESiFeb-01-01 10:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1347, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 11

then that seems easy to install..
i had to get under the car there to unbolt the fuel line so I could remove my fuel pump! (i didn't have vice grips and could crack the fitting loose on top, so I had to use tin snippers and snip!

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 10:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1348, "LoL"
In response to Reply # 13

The top fitting is WELDED to the pump bracket. You can't tell, but so it is. We fought that damn thing for an hour before we checked Wyatt's page and saw that.

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

95ESiFeb-01-01 02:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1349, "RE: LoL"
In response to Reply # 14

so how did you get it off?
I didn't have vice grips so I couldn't break the compression fitting..

I just unbolted the line from under the fuel tank, but that meant I had to cut the top of the car to make clearance for the line...

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-02-01 03:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1350, "RE: LoL"
In response to Reply # 16

I never took it off. I just pulled the pump out of the tank with the line still attached. I know the rubber line screws down to a hard line and that fitting isn't braized together.

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-01-01 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1351, "SAFC and 440's"
In response to Reply # 7

Those are in the works. Waiting for the Almighty Tax Return.

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a new SAFC? RRE has them for $320.

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-01-01 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1352, "RE: SAFC and 440's"
In response to Reply # 10

The DSM parts trader has a vendor who's selling them for $310 Dark one, but if I were you, I'd stay with RRE. Otherwsie, try and find a bargain basement used one, but I haven't seen many reasonably priced used ones out there.

RRE has a great reputation, great customer support, and won't mess around with shipping time so long as they have it in stock.

For $10, I'd go with RRE.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

Phat99EclipseFeb-01-01 02:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#1353, "RE: SAFC and 440's"
In response to Reply # 10

I have never heard of anyone dealing with these people, but they have the Super AFC listed for only $310 plus shipping (for me shipping is only $10). The URL is http://www.vitessi.com

I plan ordering one myself when the income tax returns. Speaking of injectors and AFC's, a local shop here told me that he can get the Venom injectors in just about any flow rate I want. The prices are in line with RC Engineering. Anyone know if these are worth considering? I'd like to run 440's as well, but on a stock bottom end (for a little while). I'm not planning on running more than 12psi on the stock internals if I go the 440's and AFC, but I just wanted the fuel for that high of boost. Is this too much, or am I playing it safe? Eventually I will start to build up a spare block so I have minimal down time.

One last question, in order to run the 440's and AFC, will I have to ditch the nonadjustable Vortech fuel pressure riser for and adjustable one as well as maybe the Star inline fuel module to support the 440's at 12psi? Or will the unit that came with the Star Stage 2 kits be sufficient? How would running the 440's really end up working out as far as layout in relation to the FPR?

Thanks for all the help.

DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
AEM Big Brake Kit
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-01-01 05:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1354, "RE: SAFC and 440's (FPR interaction)"
In response to Reply # 15

This is how I understand it man.

If you had an adjustable FPR, you could MECHANICALLY trim or lean out the idle fuel pressure as much as possible to pull pressure off your new bigger injectors which still might not be enough. At low throttle and maybe still at idle, the adj FPR probably would not be adjustable enough to fine tune your fuel injectors so the ECU would be koscher and happy. That's where the S-AFC sould come in to adjust your fuel pressure to a very fine degree ELECTRONICALLY working in percentage increments to lower or raise 50% under or over the present mechanically adjusted fuel pressure.

With an Adj FPR, the S-AFC would have to make a LESS dramatic trim in fuel than with a non-adj one, but it still would have to trim.

With your non-adj FPR, you may still be able to theoretically use your present FMU riser. I don't know, though. It'll be a mathmatical question. Why? With a S-AFC, you can trim and lean out where necessary, so long as the level you need to trim to is within the 50% reduction of fuel pressure required to run your car properly. I'm guessing at idle, you're still relying on your stock FPR to spring-load the 235cc injectors to a fuel pressure at 47 psi so you'd need to tune that down to whatever fuel pressure that spring pushes the 440cc injectors to with a S-AFC. This will probably work. Under boost, your FMU riser is going to mechanically pressurize your fuel system to 12:1 parts fuel for every pound of boost it sees via the vacuum lines. That's way too much. Your S-AFC would need to fine tune that with whatever amount of fuel 440cc injectors push out for 12 parts of fuel to every part of boost. I don't know if it's over 50% of the S-AFC's capabilites but it sure might be.

This is a good time with some of that mathematical know-how to compute some of this in relation to 440cc fuel injectors....

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

95ESiFeb-01-01 09:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1355, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 6

yeah, if it comes with all the mounting stuff and such, I think I'd go with the inline pump too.....
would it be quieter tho?

I can't afford injectors at this point right now.... =(

l e o n

NemizisFeb-02-01 12:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
#1356, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 8

The inline pump is noisy!. I found out why my car broke a piston land. The damn wire connecting the inline came loose (little nut holding it on). At the end of my piston's life I faguely remember hearing the pump sometimes but not others (hmmm wonder why I was leaning out), so hearing the pump is a good thing in my book. I'm in the mix of rewiring all of the pumps wires, 10gauge wire, straight from the battery to the relay, etc.
I should have done it from the start, but when I put the kit on, there were no 2gnt forums or anything give me tips, so don't say it.
Just make sure you wire it good bro

95ESiFeb-02-01 05:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1357, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 18

Is it as noisy as an in tank walbro?

l e o n

NemizisFeb-02-01 05:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
#1358, "RE: inline pump"
In response to Reply # 20

That I don't know, don't have a Walboro. Using logic I'd say the inline is probably quiter because it is outside the cabin of the car. However, outside the car the inline will be louder. I say who cares, turn up the damn radio
Lataz.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1337 Previous topic | Next topic