Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109543
View in linear mode

Subject: "Aftermarket FPR install" Previous topic | Next topic
RtistykOct-03-12 07:33 PM
Member since May 26th 2012
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109543, "Aftermarket FPR install"
Oct-04-12 04:26 PM by Rtistyk

My friend gave me an FPR (It is a rising rate 1:1 btw). SO what I'm wondering is where the best place to install this is?

I know the stock one on my '97 is near the rear wheels but I'd like to mount it somewhere along the firewall so I can actually read the PSI. I assume I can run fuel line from the stock location to the firewall, am I right? And one more thing, does this also mean the FMU/SFMU can be installed in the engine bay along with it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Aftermarket FPR install, Grothe3297avenger, Oct-06-12 11:04 PM, #1
RE: Aftermarket FPR install, Rtistyk, Oct-07-12 12:28 AM, #2
      RE: Aftermarket FPR install, Grothe3297avenger, Oct-07-12 01:03 AM, #3
           RE: Aftermarket FPR install, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-08-12 09:59 AM, #4
           RE: Aftermarket FPR install, Grothe3297avenger, Oct-08-12 07:15 PM, #6
                RE: Aftermarket FPR install, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-09-12 09:34 AM, #8
           RE: Aftermarket FPR install, 740 turbo brick, Oct-08-12 03:58 PM, #5
                RE: Aftermarket FPR install, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-09-12 09:31 AM, #7

Grothe3297avengerOct-06-12 11:04 PM
Member since Feb 25th 2011
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109550, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 0

You can't use a FPR with a FMU/SFMU.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RtistykOct-07-12 12:28 AM
Member since May 26th 2012
25 posts,
#109551, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 1

Actually I found a thread on DSMTuners that answers my question.

And yes you can.

Grothe3297avengerOct-07-12 01:03 AM
31 posts,
#109552, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-07-12 01:18 AM by Grothe3297avenger

Lol.. So you mean to tell me that your FPR that is a 1:1 will work with say a 12:1 FMU or 7:1 SFMU?? Either I'm highly misinformed or it won't work because the point of a FMU is to increase fuel per every psi of boost. With that being said, unless you have something to tune with (MS or portfueler, suggesting you don't since you have a FMU/SFMU) then you have no way to correctly compensate fuel. Because with a 1:1 + 12:1 FMU, you have no purpose with the FMU because the regulator will regulate it to 1:1 and then you won't have enough pressure for said fuel that you need.

Also you can't just "replace" your stock FPR. Not with a 1:1 at least.. Good luck, let me know how it goes. So I firmly stick by my "you can't use a FPR with a FMU/SFMU".

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-08-12 09:59 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#109553, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-08-12 10:01 AM by Star Turbo Talon

It can be done depending how you set it up.

First off your confusing a SFMU with a FMU. 2 different pieces of equipment.

1. SFMU is an FMU and Regulator combined with adjustable rising rate. There is no reason to run both but you can do it if you want to waste money and you dont know how to use the SFMU.

2. 1:1 with FMU is done the same way you would set up any other Regulator with an FMU. In our case the 1:1 with a FMU is pointless becuase the FMU makes having an aftermarket regulator pointless UNLESS your trying to lower your base pressure.

Grothe3297avengerOct-08-12 07:15 PM
31 posts,
#109555, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
It can be done depending how you set it up. First off your confusing a SFMU with a FMU. 2 different pieces of equipment. 1. SFMU is an FMU and Regulator combined with adjustable rising rate. There is no reason to run both but you can do it if you want to waste money and you dont know how to use the SFMU. 2. 1:1 with FMU is done the same way you would set up any other Regulator with an FMU. In our case the 1:1 with a FMU is pointless becuase the FMU makes having an aftermarket regulator pointless UNLESS your trying to lower your base pressure.

I know the difference between the two.. And as to your #2 - this is basically what I was saying, would be pointless hence it really won't work

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-09-12 09:34 AM
8331 posts,
#109558, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Grothe3297avenger
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon It can be done depending how you set it up. First off your confusing a SFMU with a FMU. 2 different pieces of equipment. 1. SFMU is an FMU and Regulator combined with adjustable rising rate. There is no reason to run both but you can do it if you want to waste money and you dont know how to use the SFMU. 2. 1:1 with FMU is done the same way you would set up any other Regulator with an FMU. In our case the 1:1 with a FMU is pointless becuase the FMU makes having an aftermarket regulator pointless UNLESS your trying to lower your base pressure.
I know the difference between the two.. And as to your #2 - this is basically what I was saying, would be pointless hence it really won't work

And thats where your issue lies. Saying it wont work is not accurate. It will work just fine, its just too redundant to run the two regs together. I understand what your saying but your not getting your point across when you make a comment like "it wont work" because that alone is wrong.

740 turbo brickOct-08-12 03:58 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#109554, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Grothe3297avenger
Also you can't just "replace" your stock FPR. Not with a 1:1 at least.. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

From what Ive heard this is false too, providing you have MS to tune with. My car is a 95, meaning the FPR is on the fuel rail, so my plan for the turbo build is to install a Wally 255, and an aeromotive 1:1 FPR on the firewall to a 96+ fuel rail, and into some 600+cc injectors.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-09-12 09:31 AM
8331 posts,
#109557, "RE: Aftermarket FPR install"
In response to Reply # 5

You can replace the factory reg with a 1:1 regulator only you leave the vacuum line off the regulator to effectively "disable" the 1:1 feature.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109543 Previous topic | Next topic