Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108098
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo build.." Previous topic | Next topic
baconater3000Aug-22-10 02:13 PM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108098, "Turbo build.."

I couldn't take it no more after a month or two of driving my car again.Even with the 5spd swap. I want more power. So enough said about that. I'm going to install my pieced together kit i have for the spare motor but run a smaller turbo i have received elsewhere

Turbo- small 16g
FMIC- Dual side inlet/outlet on same side. Like treadstone
Oil lines-
injectors - 450cc
Fuel pump - 255wally
FPR/FMU ---? my stock rail does not have a FPR or return line on it????
tuning- SAFC2/Wideband..

What more do I need for this thing?

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

Originally posted by barza21
barza + turbo = honda owning!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo build.., AdministratorCODE4, Aug-22-10 05:14 PM, #1
RE: Turbo build.., megaskillz, Aug-22-10 05:24 PM, #2
      RE: Turbo build.., baconater3000, Aug-22-10 08:16 PM, #3
           RE: Turbo build.., HomegrownDSM, Aug-23-10 10:33 AM, #4
           RE: Turbo build.., AdministratorCODE4, Aug-23-10 10:42 AM, #5
                RE: Turbo build.., baconater3000, Aug-23-10 07:07 PM, #6

AdministratorCODE4Aug-22-10 05:14 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108099, "RE: Turbo build.."
In response to Reply # 0

With 450cc injectors what are your plans for managing your fuel while under vacuum?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

megaskillzAug-22-10 05:24 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
#108100, "RE: Turbo build.."
In response to Reply # 1

Well, you are going to need IC piping, manifold, downpipe, boost controller if you are running more boost than the internally wastegated spring is set. With 450cc injectors I hope you have a built motor.

baconater3000Aug-22-10 08:16 PM
104 posts,
#108101, "RE: Turbo build.."
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-22-10 08:18 PM by baconater3000

Originally posted by megaskillz
Well, you are going to need IC piping, manifold, downpipe, boost controller if you are running more boost than the internally wastegated spring is set. With 450cc injectors I hope you have a built motor.

already have the injectors and i'm going to run external WG. have the manifold,turbo downpipe a hallman MBC, IC piping and intercooler...

As for your question Dave, I haven't looked to far into this...Just a spurt of the moment idea...Was a little upset when a 1g blew past me the other day on the 4 lane. So ya....

This motor is also a so-so build. Its running wiesco 8.8-1 on eagle rods. Clevite bearing. Set of crower rods,springs retainers.

The spare block I have been turning wrenches on will put this one to shame but....Its not quite ready... Still waiting on the head work to be finished.

Also Dave...Strange. My fuel rail (not doing to much research in this) But it only has a feed line to it??? No return, no stock FPR. Something has to be fixed on this. it has a fitting on the end of the rail with a cap so I figured the feed is also a return?

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

HomegrownDSMAug-23-10 10:33 AM
Member since Aug 22nd 2010
1 posts,
#108102, "RE: Turbo build.."
In response to Reply # 3

If you plan on using S-AFC and 450cc injectors, you are going to need a Vortech S-FMU to set your base idle fuel pressure. If you are going to build it and go for more than 10lbs, I would recommend purchasing a SymTech Labs MSnS V2 and a 1:1 FPR instead of the S-AFC and S-FMU. Along with some 660cc injectors, you would have a fully tunable system that would compliment your engine build quite nicely.

The problem with S-AFC is that you still have to use the FCD or Missing Link to "trick" our ecu into not seeing boost. The stock ECU will only give you WOT parameters to play with on S-AFC. So, when you do start hitting boost, you can't tune the fuel maps to compensate for boost.

Here's a post of mine from tuner's explaining the cost benefits, as well. Post #13

AdministratorCODE4Aug-23-10 10:42 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#108103, "RE: Turbo build.."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by baconater3000
Also Dave...Strange. My fuel rail (not doing to much research in this) But it only has a feed line to it??? No return, no stock FPR. Something has to be fixed on this. it has a fitting on the end of the rail with a cap so I figured the feed is also a return?

Do some searching on the 2GNT fuel setup from 96-99 years. The FPR is located under the car at the fuel filter. It is a returnless system. The capped off port on the fuel rail is a schrader valve for fuel pressure test purposes.

With large injectors you need a method of controlling fuel trims when not under boost - SAFCs are not tuning tools. Too many people think they are. They are bandaids.

With a wideband to check your AFR you could lower your fuel pressure with an adjustable regulator to compensate for the larger injectors however your spray pattern turns to shit and you will feel it.

Bottom line is with larger injectors you need to invest in a form of engine management where you can accurately control your injector pulse widths at any given RPM vs. pressure/vac.

---

2012 2500HD LML

baconater3000Aug-23-10 07:07 PM
104 posts,
#108104, "RE: Turbo build.."
In response to Reply # 5

What would you suggest on the better tuning system??? I figured that the fuel rail was returnless and had a stock FPR somewhere but I dont have a lift so I havent tried to located it but i figured it was a schradar valve for that purpose....But let me know on that. And I will read more into tuning/fuel. thanks much on the info tho dave. You deserve a

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108098 Previous topic | Next topic