Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #106441
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will this help my fuel supply???" Previous topic | Next topic
Boosted_Talon98May-14-09 01:40 AM
Member since Mar 05th 2009
85 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106441, "Will this help my fuel supply???"
May-14-09 01:43 AM by Boosted_Talon98

Ok my car does not have the stock fpr anymore it was removed on my car and theres just a a bolt with threads and a hole through it with a rubber hose clamped off....I am thinking like this... The supply comes into the filter then to the rail and then out and into my afpr and straight back to my tank..I wanna put this thing near the filter at the end of my return line then run a brass Tee, run one end of the tee into where the stock fpr would be like right outta the filter on that restrictor thing (So I can recycle the return back into the supply) and the other side of the tee back up into the tank...Cuz Im leaning out on 14 psi with a hahn 16g and 40# accells.. I was just wanting some input please...thanks

the small silver one in the back is the thing in the picture and thats what Im trying to make my fuel supply and return look like... right now it just goes straight into the tank outta the craptech afpr

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, 420agreenvilleSC, May-14-09 02:39 PM, #1
RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, eclipse982nrRST, May-14-09 04:31 PM, #2
RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, ModeratorCorbin, May-14-09 05:59 PM, #3
      RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, Boosted_Talon98, May-15-09 01:42 AM, #4
           RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, Boosted_Talon98, May-16-09 05:02 AM, #5
                RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, ModeratorCorbin, May-16-09 07:28 AM, #6
                     RE: Will this help my fuel supply???, Boosted_Talon98, May-16-09 02:02 PM, #7

420agreenvilleSCMay-14-09 02:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106448, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 0

no offense, but that is the ugliest craptech i've ever seen. I'd be worried to run w/ that

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTMay-14-09 04:31 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#106449, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 0

I would throw that thing as deep into a trash can as you possibly can.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratorCorbinMay-14-09 05:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#106451, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 2
May-14-09 06:03 PM by Corbin

I don't feel like you've really given enough information for us to advise you. Is the item in the photograph a high gain fuel pressure regulator? If so, what is its ratio? What fuel pump are you running and what is your static fuel pressure and full boost fuel pressure? Are you suggesting that you should tee the low pressure return line and send one side to the high pressure line after the fuel filter? Wouldn't that allow high pressure fuel after the filter to bypass right back into the tank, following the path of least resistance? Perhaps I am reading the diagram wrong.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Boosted_Talon98May-15-09 01:42 AM
85 posts,
#106453, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 3

LOL..again LOL..anyways.. The item in the photo is the small silver thing in the homemade paint picture labeled THE FPR OR WHATEVER..Im not sure the ratio on it but theres no place for a vac. source..so would it still be rising..My fuel pump is the 255lph...The thing was on the car when I first got it but I took it off thinking I wouldnt need it..

Boosted_Talon98May-16-09 05:02 AM
85 posts,
#106457, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 4

I hooked an air compressor up to it and it only lets air through one side...so wouldnt that mean I could hook that side up to the return and plug it in where I have the stock FPR blocked off and since air only blows out that side then gas wouldnt be able to come through it and would only come out it? and since Its a regulator I could lean it out if Im getting to much fuel>?

ModeratorCorbinMay-16-09 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#106459, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 5

The tee is what I'm picking on at the moment. If you hook it up the way I think you would, it would allow high pressure fuel (shown in red) to flow unrestricted back into the tank. You would build very little pressure in the fuel rail. I think you'll run very lean then.

Next on the list is the little silver regulator with no vacuum hook-up. That will only allow you to set a static fuel pressure that does not change with boost. Unless you want to flood your engine at idle, you could only use it to set a minimum fuel pressure (pretty useless). In that case, the cartech would only add fuel pressure on top of that (putting you in no better position than you are now).

If you knew what your fuel pressures were, you could probably trouble shoot your lean issue. It might be that the cartech does not have a high enough gain for you (especially if you set your static pressure super low to keep from running pig rich at idle). It might be that your fuel pump cannot flow enough fuel at the pressures you are running.

If you read through the wiki, you will find several articles about fuel system setup. That might be helpful in understanding how you have your system set up and how you need to change it.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Boosted_Talon98May-16-09 02:02 PM
85 posts,
#106460, "RE: Will this help my fuel supply???"
In response to Reply # 6

ok..well I couldnt remember how it was hooked up when I took it off...Im guessing the Tee was before the fpr or whatever and that would make sense now right...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #106441 Previous topic | Next topic