Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103318
View in linear mode

Subject: "Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?" Previous topic | Next topic
DarkEclipse95Apr-18-08 06:00 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2006
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103318, "Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"

Ok I have post on dsmtuners and I felt like posting here because its more 2gnt specific. here is the thread on what im working on.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-bolt-tech/256959-help-me-put-her-back-together-again-95-n-t-2.html

At this point im am stuck since I will be taking my motor into a custom engine shop and I would like suggestions if I should go turbo or not..this would decide what compression of pistons I want to put in it. I feel alittle discouraged though since I do not want to buy a turbo dsm again(blew up the motor) spending 4-5k for one and having to build it up (more money) instead I was thinking about putting the money into my NT(that I will always keep). I liked driving my stock 4g63 and I want my 420a to be alot more fun to drive just like the 4g63 I once had. But I would like to have more power. The problem is I see alot of people selling their 420a's and moving on...and I haven't seen any impressive videos or been in a turbo 420a before so I am not yet decided what to do...input please...sorry long post.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, 2GeclipseRS, Apr-19-08 11:04 AM, #1
RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Apr-19-08 01:58 PM, #2
RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, djtrickee, Apr-20-08 02:09 PM, #3
      RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, totaleclipse_05, Apr-20-08 07:46 PM, #4
      RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, talonesiracing, Apr-21-08 06:36 AM, #5
           RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DytDSM, Apr-21-08 08:18 AM, #6
                RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, talonesiracing, Apr-21-08 12:04 PM, #7
                     RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Apr-21-08 04:37 PM, #8
                          RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, foggy45, Apr-21-08 04:56 PM, #9
                               RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Apr-21-08 05:00 PM, #10
                                    RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, foggy45, Apr-22-08 04:37 AM, #11
                                         RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, totaleclipse_05, Apr-23-08 05:16 AM, #12
                                         RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, foggy45, Apr-23-08 10:02 AM, #13
      RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, 2GeclipseRS, Apr-23-08 11:01 AM, #14
           RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, totaleclipse_05, Apr-23-08 12:51 PM, #15
                RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-23-08 04:39 PM, #16
                     RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, goalie40, Apr-26-08 02:26 PM, #17
                          RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Aug-09-08 06:53 PM, #18
                               RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-09-08 07:46 PM, #19
                                    RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Aug-09-08 08:09 PM, #20
                                         RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-09-08 08:28 PM, #21
                                              RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-11-08 05:38 AM, #22
                                                   RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, justins71, Aug-16-08 04:15 AM, #23
                                                        RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Aug-16-08 08:34 AM, #24
                                                             RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, 2GeclipseRS, Aug-18-08 04:23 AM, #25
                                                                  RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, justins71, Aug-18-08 07:06 AM, #26
RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Sep-09-08 07:07 PM, #27
RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-10-08 09:00 AM, #28
      RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Sep-10-08 03:37 PM, #29
           RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-10-08 11:06 PM, #30
                RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Sep-11-08 11:13 AM, #31
                     RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-11-08 11:49 PM, #32
                          RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Sep-18-08 06:46 PM, #33
                               RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?, DarkEclipse95, Sep-20-08 09:38 AM, #34

2GeclipseRSApr-19-08 11:04 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103321, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-19-08 11:15 AM by 2GeclipseRS

Stock rebuild.

Put your money into the 4g63.

If you dont, god will hate you.

You dont want to piss off god.

Do you?

Now go feed your 4g63 cash.

Edit: Who in their right mind would waste the sums of money to turbo a 2gnt when they have a perfectly good 4g powered car that runs and can be made fast cheap. Ever rode in an awd 1g with 650 awhp? I have and if i wasn't trying to tell myself to breathe, i probably would have shit myself, hard....over and over again, days after the event. That car fucking hauled. Will a 2gnt do that? No. It wont. With 650hp, it'll will never have traction under full boost....ever.

Build your 1g or you're kicked out of dsming.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DarkEclipse95Apr-19-08 01:58 PM
13 posts,
#103322, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
Stock rebuild. Put your money into the 4g63. If you dont, god will hate you. You dont want to piss off god. Do you? Now go feed your 4g63 cash. Edit: Who in their right mind would waste the sums of money to turbo a 2gnt when they have a perfectly good 4g powered car that runs and can be made fast cheap. Ever rode in an awd 1g with 650 awhp? I have and if i wasn't trying to tell myself to breathe, i probably would have shit myself, hard....over and over again, days after the event. That car fucking hauled. Will a 2gnt do that? No. It wont. With 650hp, it'll will never have traction under full boost....ever. Build your 1g or you're kicked out of dsming.

actually the 1g (in my outdated signature on dsmtuners) is sold..all I have is the 97 NT auto for daily driving and my broken in the process of rebuilding 95 NT 5-Speed...

djtrickeeApr-20-08 02:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#103324, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 1

Edit: Who in their right mind would waste the sums of money to turbo a 2gnt when they have a perfectly good 4g powered car that runs and can be made fast cheap. ... Will a 2gnt do that? No. It wont.

Why are you even on this website?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

totaleclipse_05Apr-20-08 07:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#103325, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS Edit: Who in their right mind would waste the sums of money to turbo a 2gnt when they have a perfectly good 4g powered car that runs and can be made fast cheap. ... Will a 2gnt do that? No. It wont.

Originally posted by djtrickee

X2

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

talonesiracingApr-21-08 06:36 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2007
97 posts,
#103327, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 4

is that guy seriously talking about a fourth gen eclipse.... haha

DytDSMApr-21-08 08:18 AM
Member since Dec 12th 2007
51 posts,
#103328, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 5

Im pretty sure by 4g he means 4g63.

talonesiracingApr-21-08 12:04 PM
Member since Jul 12th 2007
97 posts,
#103329, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 6

oh alright then why is he lurkin in the nt sections.

DarkEclipse95Apr-21-08 04:37 PM
13 posts,
#103330, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 7

I really dont think this is helping my case too much..:S

foggy45Apr-21-08 04:56 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#103331, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 8

if you keep the 2gnt NA compression you wil have a nice daily driver that can be fairly ecanomical day to day

HOWEVER
since you used to have a 4G, i could almost place money that the boost bug will creep back into your system and you will regret not going turbo.
since you are spending the money to have an engine built, you might as well do it the "Bullet proof turbo" way and enjoy building your turbo kit and tinkering around a good car.
then the first time you put your foot into the turbo you will grin like a silly goof ball and be glad you did it this way.

you also mentioned that people are sellign their 2gnt's?
also not how many times people come BACK and look for another one here. very few of the higher-end 2GNT's have been sold out and the owners quit. most of the time its a short timer that wasent sure what would be involved in owning a tuner car or they underbudget their goals and are then forced out because of bills, kids, wife etc

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

DarkEclipse95Apr-21-08 05:00 PM
13 posts,
#103332, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 9

so why is that 2gnt are only capable of only "x" amount of power? is it tune-ablity options that are not available or what? because with a built bottom end and a good turbo with the right amount of fuel etc etc shouldn't it hold up to most 4g63 GSTs? I guess I really never understood that and I've had my car since 2002..

foggy45Apr-22-08 04:37 AM
1032 posts,
#103333, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-22-08 04:42 AM by foggy45

nobody really knows the top end for our cars. most people stop at a certin amount because that is the best usable HP for the street. the GSX's can street more HP because of the AWD system. (but you can hear sublte rumblings on this forum about setups being concieved for MASSIVE HP and PSI goals in mind that may give us an answer)

also, for the 2GNT its all about tuning. and since we dont have the mass aftermarket support for our engines and cars, we have a limited amount of resorces to "Plug-n-Play" our way to mass HP. the 4G63 has been around for the better part of 15 years so there arent many secrets left inside it, and the formula for mass HP is pretty set, that you can get a nice list of bolt ons and make good HP.

in our cars, HP jumps and marks are set because we had to make the part, (ie custom manifolds, intakes, motor mounts, etc) or wait for a good tuning system to come out (MSnS)

therefor its more about pushing the limits as you go and thinking up solutions to get the HP ourselves before some aftermarket company drops it in our laps. with our car, WE drive the market for aftermarket parts, the aftermarket dosent drive the market for our cars

Originally posted by DarkEclipse95
because with a built bottom end and a good turbo with the right amount of fuel etc etc shouldn't it hold up to most 4g63 GSTs?

Ding!

DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

totaleclipse_05Apr-23-08 05:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#103358, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 11
Apr-23-08 05:17 AM by totaleclipse_05

Originally posted by foggy45
nobody really knows the top end for our cars. most people stop at a certin amount because that is the best usable HP for the street. the GSX's can street more HP because of the AWD system. (but you can hear sublte rumblings on this forum about setups being concieved for MASSIVE HP and PSI goals in mind that may give us an answer) also, for the 2GNT its all about tuning. and since we dont have the mass aftermarket support for our engines and cars, we have a limited amount of resorces to "Plug-n-Play" our way to mass HP. the 4G63 has been around for the better part of 15 years so there arent many secrets left inside it, and the formula for mass HP is pretty set, that you can get a nice list of bolt ons and make good HP. in our cars, HP jumps and marks are set because we had to make the part, (ie custom manifolds, intakes, motor mounts, etc) or wait for a good tuning system to come out (MSnS) therefor its more about pushing the limits as you go and thinking up solutions to get the HP ourselves before some aftermarket company drops it in our laps. with our car, WE drive the market for aftermarket parts, the aftermarket dosent drive the market for our cars

Great answer bro

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

foggy45Apr-23-08 10:02 AM
1032 posts,
#103362, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by foggy45
the 4G63 has been around for the better part of 15 years

my bad, the 4G63 has been around since 1984, so 24 years
and the 420A came out in 1995, so 13 years

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

2GeclipseRSApr-23-08 11:01 AM
781 posts,
#103366, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS Edit: Who in their right mind would waste the sums of money to turbo a 2gnt when they have a perfectly good 4g powered car that runs and can be made fast cheap. ... Will a 2gnt do that? No. It wont.

Because i still own my car.

I'm perfectly aware of the time, money, this and that it costs to do anything with the car.....

Trust me on that.

It's finding replacement parts that kills the shit out of me.

I may or may not have a parts car shortly so i might stay in the game. Who knows?

Seriously, i dont see the point in boosting a 420a when he has a 4g63t but since he doesn't have a 4g63t anymore then he might as well roll on and tackle boosting it. Get ready to pay out the ass.... My advice: Find a spare motor and then go on to boosting!

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

totaleclipse_05Apr-23-08 12:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#103369, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 14
Apr-23-08 12:52 PM by totaleclipse_05

Because i still own my car. I'm perfectly aware of the time, money, this and that it costs to do anything with the car..... Trust me on that. It's finding replacement parts that kills the shit out of me. I may or may not have a parts car shortly so i might stay in the game. Who knows? Seriously, i dont see the point in boosting a 420a when he has a 4g63t but since he doesn't have a 4g63t anymore then he might as well roll on and tackle boosting it. Get ready to pay out the ass.... My advice: Find a spare motor and then go on to boosting!

It's all in the original post why he doesn't want to throw money at a 4g63. Re-read it.

Mike D

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-23-08 04:39 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#103372, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 15
Apr-23-08 04:41 PM by Star Turbo Talon

By all means boost your 420a. If you take your time and DO NOT nickle and dime the project just to be cheap and save money, you will have a more reliable turbo car than your 4G63 was.

I love both platforms but the unreliablity of the 4g63 and obscene amount of money Mitsubishi wants for a few of the parts always made me hate them. a Few people here have had bad luck with their 420a but ALL 4g63 owners have had bad luck at some point in time.

Granted I have a lot of money in mine and always done things correctly regardless of the money i had to spend or wait to spend, I found it quite easy to get over 300whp out of mine and its still running and never left me walking or waiting on A Tow.....knock on wood.

DO IT and ENJOY IT.

The next guy who tells someone that putting money in thier 420A is a waste rather than trying to help with a decision will be banned and I am not kidding This is a 420A forum, you want to promote the 4g63 then kindly find your way to the door before I kick you out.

goalie40Apr-26-08 02:26 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#103406, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 16

sell the 420a get a 4g63.................. im kidding, kidding dont B A N me. I have both this is my take

I have owned a 420a since 1998 and have spent less than 500 in service work on it. amazing for any car.

I have owned a 4g63 for 6 months now and spent over 4 grand building her. And after 2 days of driving her had problems.

That was a week ago. I dont trust this car like I do my 420a. Im still in the everything is new to this car stage. I have figured out that my alternator and starter are on the way out too.

But I will tell you the 4g63 feels great, power for days. My 420a at red line sounds close to death, and always has.

Im very new to turbo engines I do love my 4g63 but My RS gets the spot in the garage and always will. She is also getting a 2.4 and a turbo.

My GST will be my DD and the RS will be the secret weapon.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

DarkEclipse95Aug-09-08 06:53 PM
13 posts,
#104047, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 17
Aug-09-08 06:59 PM by DarkEclipse95

I guess im not getting too much help over at DSMtuners.com on my project...I'm sure I will get much help here on my project...I have some updates..I decided to go turbo!!

The block came back good and I got it bored .20 over and I am doing some prep work on the engine itself, but I have some questions..

What is the best way to get rid of the rust on the outside the the engine block and around the water pump area? does it hurt the engine to have it sandblasted? or is there a better way? see pics

and what the heck are these parts from???

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-09-08 07:46 PM
8331 posts,
#104048, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 18

sand blasting is very bad on a motor. If you get one grain of sand in any crevis and it works its way into the oil system, your fucked.

to get rid of some of the rust, get a smaller wire wheel for your drill or die grinder. Be very gentle on the gasket surfaces.

Terry

DarkEclipse95Aug-09-08 08:09 PM
13 posts,
#104049, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
sand blasting is very bad on a motor. If you get one grain of sand in any crevis and it works its way into the oil system, your fucked. to get rid of some of the rust, get a smaller wire wheel for your drill or die grinder. Be very gentle on the gasket surfaces. Terry

I was told by my machine shop that the rust around the water pump area isn't that big of a deal. But wouldn't wire brushing break of flakes of rust? I might take a air compressor and hit it with air to get some of that stuff out after taking a wire wheel to it. Also what about the areas around the cylinders...I think this is where the water travels?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-09-08 08:28 PM
8331 posts,
#104050, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 20

compressed air is good for cleaning the block, be sure to wash it with detergent and warm water when your done and blow it dry.

The rust on the cylinder wall in the water jacket is going to stay. Nothing you can do about that. Not that I am aware of anyway.

RoninEclipse2GAug-11-08 05:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104051, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
The rust on the cylinder wall in the water jacket is going to stay. Nothing you can do about that. Not that I am aware of anyway.

if it's not scaly don't worry about it. I've seen guys run polishing tools that looked like pipe snakes through them but that was on engines that had known cooling issues around specific cylinders due to bad casting.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

justins71Aug-16-08 04:15 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#104090, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 22
Aug-16-08 04:18 AM by justins71

did you have it hot-tanked? It'll usually get rid of the majority of the rust/scaling...

BTW, those parts (if you were serious) are your timing tensioner pulley bracket, and a tranny bellhousing support bracket.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

DarkEclipse95Aug-16-08 08:34 AM
13 posts,
#104091, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by justins71
did you have it hot-tanked? It'll usually get rid of the majority of the rust/scaling... BTW, those parts (if you were serious) are your timing tensioner pulley bracket, and a tranny bellhousing support bracket.

Yea I got it hot tanked and there is barley any scaling left. This was some pretty serious rust. Ya I had no idea what those parts are so thank you. The project is on hold now, since I got my wisdom teeth pulled so im taking it easy for a few days...as for turbo I was thinking about PTE 57 trim with .48 A/R you guys think that would be good for my goals??

2GeclipseRSAug-18-08 04:23 AM
781 posts,
#104099, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 24

my 95 neon block had rust in the water pump and water jackets. I got what i could out with a wire brush. No overheating issues. Well, i did have one due to air pockets but it found the weakest link and blew the heater hose comming from the t-stat. That was it.

Also, the large bracket in the bottom of that box looks to be the passenger side motor mount bracket. That's as far as i can tell from the pic.

This is why it's best to label everything or keep like parts in the same box. Keep the ac shit with the ac, ps shit with the ps, motor mount stuff together....etc..... Saves you a big headache. I've worked on my 2gnt enough to know what goes where without giving it a second thought. After your rebuild, i'm sure you'll have it burned into your brain so you wont have to think twice about it.

justins71Aug-18-08 07:06 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#104100, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 25

Also, the large bracket in the bottom of that box looks to be the passenger side motor mount bracket.

It's the bedplate, with the piston/rods beneath it.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

DarkEclipse95Sep-09-08 07:07 PM
13 posts,
#104261, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-09-08 07:25 PM by DarkEclipse95

Just a little update:

Just say no to rust!!!

A closer look!

And after some sand blasting and some Rust enamel paint later!!

and here is the overall I am working with

I will try to keep up with as many updates as I can. and hopefully I can get some help with fellow 2GNTers. My plans are 350 WHP..list so far of parts to get. Feel free to jump in with anything that might help

8.8-1 Weiscos Piston .20 Over
Eagle Rods
Stage 1 head(CI Motor sports), stock cams
8 injector setup hahn racecraft portfueler
PTE SCM 57 Trim .48 A/R
Tranny Rebuild with qualfe LSD
Stage 2 or 3 Clutch
Neon non mod setup
stock 95 neon flywheel
HRC FMIC
Aeromotive FPR 1:1 (do I need this with the portfueler?)
Walboro fuel pump 225
MSD DIS-2 (I would like to get this but maybe later on)
Innovative Wideband

and the little stuff in between, next stop is rebuild parts im putting together...

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-10-08 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#104264, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 27

Fototime won't share your photos with us.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

DarkEclipse95Sep-10-08 03:37 PM
13 posts,
#104265, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Fototime won't share your photos with us.

Just got off work, Let me know if you still can't seem them.

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-10-08 11:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#104266, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 29

Originally posted by bullettdsm Fototime won't share your photos with us.

There we go

Looks like you got a little ways to go to 350whp, lol. Where are you getting your Quaife from? I'm in the market.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

DarkEclipse95Sep-11-08 11:13 AM
13 posts,
#104271, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 30
Sep-11-08 11:13 AM by DarkEclipse95

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by bullettdsm Fototime won't share your photos with us.
There we go Looks like you got a little ways to go to 350whp, lol. Where are you getting your Quaife from? I'm in the market.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ecldrivetrain.htm

road race engineering $1075 not bad, but still pricey.

yea I got a little ways to go, but I hope to have it running by the next spring/summer :S I will be stock piling parts during winter.

I am sort of worried about the transmission holding up, I know the diff was one of the issues, but what about the forks? I'm going to get it rebuilt by a local shop and hopefully they can install the Quaife...

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-11-08 11:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#104272, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 31
Sep-11-08 11:49 PM by bullettdsm

RRE is a good company. I'm looking at using these guys (when I pull the cash);

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7304&mesg_id=7304&page=

A liitle cheaper.

Forks should be fine.

Captain Caveman

DarkEclipse95Sep-18-08 06:46 PM
13 posts,
#104302, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 32

Ok so im offically out of my mind. I pulled the PCM/ECU and all the mess of wiring through the firewall today. I am trying to attempt a relocation of the PCM/ECU into the cabin. I haven't heard of too many people doing this but I really wanted to. The more I looked at my ECU in the engine bay the more I hated it. I wanted to clear up some room plus my wiring harness was falling apart.

I also want to know if anybody has a list of sensors that I need to get this car up and running again(minus A/C and EVAP). I didn't mark any of sensors or plugs years back when my first plan was to part her out.

and if I extend the wiring from the ECU (which is now in the cabin) to the sensor location, should I be ok? I am going to take my time on this one and mark every wire (very time consuming). But the only problem I have now is I don't know what plug on the harness goes to what sensor??

Also I would like to relocate the fusebox behind the driver side fender and extend the wires if needed. and how can this be possible? would I have to make the hole bigger around the opening underneath the fuse box where the main harness comes in(behind fender)?

thanks in advance...

DarkEclipse95Sep-20-08 09:38 AM
13 posts,
#104310, "RE: Putting my 95 Eclipse back together..What to do? Suggestions?"
In response to Reply # 33

anybody? well hopefully some pictures will help

Will I be ok if I extend the hardness from this point on? and leave the rest in the car?(behind the sterio along with the ECU. The only other thing I know I need to exten is the plug that connects to the other harness. suggestions??

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103318 Previous topic | Next topic