Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103256
View in linear mode

Subject: "went and did a couple of pulls.." Previous topic | Next topic
TEAM OVER REVApr-10-08 06:29 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103256, "went and did a couple of pulls.."

The other day I decided to go and do a couple of pulls, my rebuilt engine just hit two thousand miles,and find out what the portfueler is all about. First I had it set for 45 idle fuel pressure and it ran ok in the 8-14p.s.i I ran a couple of times. I then turned up the fuel pressure to 55 and tried 15-17psi from a stop and 3rd gear pull. It felt quick but as soon as I hit 4500r.p.m the car started bogging and bucking like its being flooded. I dont know if its due to bad plugs or just too rich? I also think im not understanding the concept of the aeromotive fuel 1:1 pressure? I would like to know what the p.s.i and fuel pressures other portfueler people are using? I have the 270s that came with the hrc kit and the 500's that came with the portfueler 20g setup. Any help will be appreciated, thanks,
just trying to go faster, got it up to 140 the other day, I know its not alot but coming from a 105 that took forever when it was auto is alot of gain. thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-10-08 07:21 PM, #1
RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-11-08 04:24 AM, #2
      RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., streetlightning, Apr-11-08 05:17 AM, #3
           RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., talonesiracing, Apr-11-08 06:20 AM, #4
                RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., TEAM OVER REV, Apr-11-08 10:37 AM, #5
                     RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., talonesiracing, Apr-11-08 11:09 AM, #6
                     RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., djtrickee, Apr-11-08 12:26 PM, #7
                          RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., streetlightning, Apr-11-08 12:37 PM, #8
                               RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-11-08 04:23 PM, #9
                                    RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., TEAM OVER REV, Apr-12-08 05:33 PM, #10
                                         RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-13-08 05:58 AM, #11
                                              RE: went and did a couple of pulls.., streetlightning, Apr-13-08 07:45 AM, #12

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-10-08 07:21 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103257, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 0

you do not tune with the fuel regulator....you tune with a laptop.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTApr-11-08 04:24 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#103258, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 1

a 1:1 regulator means your fuel pressure will rise 1psi for every 1psi of boost.

Also, bragging about driving 140mph on the roads is not bragging, thats stupid.

You must not have seen what hapened what Nick Hogan's Supra in the PITS section.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

streetlightningApr-11-08 05:17 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#103259, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 2

1st: take off the trubo and port fueler
2nd: sell them
3rd: you stay off the road b/c you arent smart enuf to drive.. youl get others killed..end o story..

if you want to learn to tune it.. try reading the directions and searching......

sorry mods/admids/above, i hate it when ppl r tards like that...

talonesiracingApr-11-08 06:20 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2007
97 posts,
#103260, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 3

you just got owned

TEAM OVER REVApr-11-08 10:37 AM
44 posts,
#103263, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 4

yea, well thanks... Im not bragging about going fast? Im sorry you guys take it the wrong way? im sorry, but a lot of people dont have access to a dyno. I would just like everyone who finds this offensive to disregard the post and move on to the next one. thanks.

The portfueler comes pretuned from hanh, it does however need adjustment of the fuel pressure regulator...

talonesiracingApr-11-08 11:09 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2007
97 posts,
#103264, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 5

if you go to hahns site it will give you the exact fuel pressure you need to set it at.

djtrickeeApr-11-08 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#103265, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-11-08 12:26 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
you do not tune with the fuel regulator....you tune with a laptop.

Originally posted by TEAM OVER REV
The portfueler comes pretuned from hanh, it does however need adjustment of the fuel pressure regulator...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

streetlightningApr-11-08 12:37 PM
778 posts,
#103266, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 7
Apr-11-08 12:50 PM by streetlightning

lol.. dynos suck.. least round here b/c no 1 know wtf they are doing.. neways..no one cares about top end...kekekeke

you dont seem to know what your doing . Do you have the instrcutions?...heres a tip. i recently got done fooling with my port fueler coarse adjustments.

1: set Idle FP...this need to be ~48-52 Psi..mines set @ 48 psi. now, this is very important...once the Idle FP is set.

DO NOT TOUCH THE FPR EVER AGAIN...

2: yes the PF comes with Hahns BASE map...meaning it works to get things goin aka ITS A STARTING POINT , but its not for every one, and its rough.. you need to adjust (via lap top) the fuel out put thru out the RPM range @ WOT...
example.. If at WOT you see an AFR if 10. your rich.. lean it out in your fuel maps...try again, trial and error sorrta thing. (dont forget to make identical changes to MAP A and MAP B)

now.. please tell us you have an EGT and Real wide Band o2? b/c these are a Nesesity... once you get a good AFR of 11.5~11.7 @ WOT, you can play with individual RPMs (in the fuel map) if you see theres a spot where @ wot you lean out or get to rich.

the jist: have a good AFR throught the RPM range @ WOT (11.7~11.5)

Every car is differnt, so dont ask us for our settings...

did i miss anyhting?

edit: i just noticed where ur from.. its ok guys, he's from Kansas..out in the middle of no where too, i used to live by there..so hes ok to do 140 into a wheat field lolz

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-11-08 04:23 PM
8331 posts,
#103271, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 8

Hahn gives you a base map....He will tell you direct on a phone you will need to tune the maps yourself to get to where your going. Hahn will not tell you to just adjust your fuel pressure to compensate for higher boost. Why is that hard to understand? If your not going to listen to us then dont bother asking questions. The portfueler was around 10 years before Hahn put it to use....keep that in mind.

Terry

TEAM OVER REVApr-12-08 05:33 PM
44 posts,
#103279, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 9

wow... thanks i wont ask any more questions.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-13-08 05:58 AM
8331 posts,
#103284, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 10

Well, if your going to ask then tell us we are wrong then why bother? Some of us have been doing this much longer than you.

Here is a basic image of proof:

550cc/min injectors flow 550cc at 43.5 PSI fuel pressure.
A Base map could have a value of "30" at a given RPM and Map pressure.

For example purposes lets say the map had a value of 30 in the bin for 3500 rpm X 10psi.

Now at that bin 30(%) of 550cc/min is 165cc/min.

Now you want to run higher boost
you only want to affect the bins that feed the higher boost pressure but since you adjusted the 1:1 regulator lets see what it does to the 3500 X 10psi bin.

the 3500rpm X 10psi bin is still at a value of "30" but now the fuel pressure is at 50psi because you upped it right.

550cc/min at 43psi is 550cc/min flow rate but.....
550cc/min at 50psi is now 590cc/min.

so 590cc/min at a 30(%) value is now flowing 177cc/min of fuel.

The rate of change is not linear so changing 7psi on fuel pressure around 43psi is not the same as changing 7psi fo pressure at 17psi.

I hope this makes sense because if it doesnt you hve a lot of thinking to do or just take our word for it. Liek I said, we have been doing this a lot longer than you.

This will be the last help i give you until you start learning to listen to what we try to teach you.

streetlightningApr-13-08 07:45 AM
778 posts,
#103285, "RE: went and did a couple of pulls.."
In response to Reply # 11
Apr-13-08 07:46 AM by streetlightning

lol...dont get butt hurt

these 2 really good post in here that describe exactly what you need to do..yet you still seem confused and don't want to take the advice...

i have an extra engine FS when you blow yours...

we are really just tryin to help, but jumping in and telling us you know how, when its obviously the wrong way is not the way to get good help...
just do what we suggest:

search, tune with lap top, wide band (watch egt's) or get all mathematical like STT lol. and you'll be GTG...

and dont over rev....lol

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103256 Previous topic | Next topic