Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103123
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fuel cut defender on 95 rs" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipseSlowMar-28-08 03:07 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2007
271 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103123, "Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"

I have a 95 rs. I have everything for my turbo kit besides a fcd. I have heard people say you dont need one and i have heard some people say you do need one. Which is true for a 95? Will I see any fuel cut from 1-8psi?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, VelocitaPaola, Mar-28-08 03:48 AM, #1
RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, 95eclipseSlow, Mar-30-08 01:30 AM, #2
      RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, VelocitaPaola, Mar-31-08 10:54 AM, #3
           RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, 95eclipseSlow, Apr-01-08 11:30 PM, #4
                RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, Site StaffBlueGS, Apr-02-08 02:39 AM, #5
                     RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, sadc, Apr-08-08 12:03 AM, #6
                          RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, djtrickee, Apr-08-08 06:50 AM, #7
                               RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-09-08 11:50 AM, #8
                                    RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs, 95eclipseSlow, Apr-12-08 06:56 AM, #9

VelocitaPaolaMar-28-08 03:48 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103124, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 0

No, you should not need one and will not experience fuel cut.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipseSlowMar-30-08 01:30 AM
271 posts,
#103135, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 1

would it change anything if i have a software update that was done in january of 99?

VelocitaPaolaMar-31-08 10:54 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#103152, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 2

That's a unique question... it's possible, but unlikely. Are you already turbocharged and trying to troubleshoot fuel cut, or are you just gathering parts for a future build? If your case is the latter, I say don't worry about it for now. If you do experience fuel cut, go from there.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

95eclipseSlowApr-01-08 11:30 PM
271 posts,
#103163, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 3

yea im just gathering the rest of the parts for my setup. hopefully i dont need one.

Site StaffBlueGSApr-02-08 02:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103164, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 4

You won't need one.

sadcApr-08-08 12:03 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2007
47 posts,
#103215, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 5

from 1-8 usally you wont see FC but anything from 10+ you will

djtrickeeApr-08-08 06:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#103224, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by sadc
from 1-8 usally you wont see FC but anything from 10+ you will

Says who?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-09-08 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#103239, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by sadc from 1-8 usally you wont see FC but anything from 10+ you will
Says who?

Agreed. Says who?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95eclipseSlowApr-12-08 06:56 AM
271 posts,
#103273, "RE: Fuel cut defender on 95 rs"
In response to Reply # 8

i think i am experiencing fuel cut. In 2nd 3rd and 4th gear at around 4500rpm my car like boggs out and stutters and doesnt want to go any farther. I replaced my map sensor and scanned the car with OBDII and no codes came up. Since everything i have done so far hasent worked im going to try one of mikes 3 wire fcd's. If the fcd doesnt work i really dont know what else to do. Help? Please?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103123 Previous topic | Next topic