Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #48292
View in linear mode

Subject: "How much boost are you running?" Previous topic | Next topic
zerobubbleMay-07-03 08:49 AM
Member since May 06th 2003
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48292, "How much boost are you running?"

This may have been done before since i'm new here, but what amount of boost are you running on your 420a and what mods did you have to do to safely achive that amount of boost?

Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with smelly finger.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How much boost are you running?, soldier101, May-07-03 09:00 AM, #1
RE: How much boost are you running?, SILVERNT, May-07-03 09:02 AM, #2
RE: How much boost are you running?, zerobubble, May-07-03 09:40 AM, #3
RE: How much boost are you running?, soldier101, May-07-03 11:20 AM, #4
      RE: How much boost are you running?, HadesOmega, May-07-03 12:07 PM, #5
           RE: How much boost are you running?, widebodied, May-07-03 01:20 PM, #6
                RE: How much boost are you running?, TeamXtremeRS, May-07-03 02:08 PM, #7
                     RE: How much boost are you running?, Teamner947, May-07-03 05:53 PM, #8
                          RE: How much boost are you running?, EclipseRST, May-08-03 07:49 AM, #9
                               RE: How much boost are you running?, jamesman, May-08-03 10:16 AM, #10
                                    RE: How much boost are you running?, eclipsekaiser, May-08-03 10:43 AM, #11
                                    RE: How much boost are you running?, JustOne, May-08-03 10:44 AM, #12
                                         RE: How much boost are you running?, Moderator992gnt, May-08-03 10:52 AM, #13
                                              RE: How much boost are you running?, sonikbewm, May-08-03 11:04 AM, #14
RE: How much boost are you running?, Remy, May-08-03 11:32 AM, #15
      RE: How much boost are you running?, BoostedGS, May-08-03 12:20 PM, #16
           RE: How much boost are you running?, Malenko, May-08-03 08:24 PM, #17
RE: How much boost are you running?, fly1, May-09-03 03:56 AM, #18
RE: How much boost are you running?, pn0ymahal, May-09-03 06:03 AM, #19
RE: How much boost are you running?, Jasvb TS2K2, May-09-03 06:09 AM, #20
      RE: How much boost are you running?, ClipseRST, May-09-03 08:47 AM, #21
           RE: How much boost are you running?, zerobubble, May-09-03 09:50 AM, #22
                RE: How much boost are you running?, BoostedGS, May-09-03 10:23 AM, #23
                     RE: How much boost are you running?, zerobubble, May-09-03 11:06 AM, #24
                          RE: How much boost are you running?, lonnie1977, May-09-03 04:31 PM, #25
                               RE: How much boost are you running?, Teamdougie2, May-10-03 06:39 AM, #26
                                    RE: How much boost are you running?, juggalo, May-10-03 06:09 PM, #27

soldier101May-07-03 09:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48293, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 0

0 pounds.....hopefully soon to be 8

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SILVERNTMay-07-03 09:02 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#48294, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 0

anything over 8lbs of boost requieres the need for built bottom end/propor fuel system

zerobubbleMay-07-03 09:40 AM
6 posts,
#48300, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 2

What about compression ratios? Do they need to be lowered for anything under 15psi?

soldier101May-07-03 11:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#48304, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 3

higher compression = less boost or harder to tune for more boost
lower compression = more boost, easier to tune for higher boost pressures

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

HadesOmegaMay-07-03 12:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#48312, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 4
May-07-03 12:08 PM by HadesOmega

just curious lets say your built and want to run more boost how much boost can you run until you run into issues with timing advance? lets say for a 10.5:1 compression ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

widebodiedMay-07-03 01:20 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
#48316, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 5

check this link, everything thats being performed on the 2.4..http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=50102&mesg_id=50102&page=

hoping for 375whp at around 16-20 psi's.

DWAYNE H
Honda coupe ~ SOLD!
R6 and Aprilia~ Sold on EBAY!
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
96 2GNT, HRC STAGE 4 S20G, 2.4 SWAP< IN PROGRESS. Kaminari widebody, KMC suicides 19s. Apexi Safc AVCR RSM. Blowjax air ride.

TeamXtremeRSMay-07-03 02:08 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#48317, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 6

13 psi/ Built motor @ 8.8:1 compression with JE pistons and rings/Eagle rods

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Teamner947May-07-03 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#48326, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 7

sounds like my setup

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

EclipseRSTMay-08-03 07:49 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#48360, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 8

A whopping 5 psi. And it's staying that way until I get my bottom end rebuilt or get a new car.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

jamesmanMay-08-03 10:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#48370, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 9

17 psi
8.8 compression

lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

eclipsekaiserMay-08-03 10:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#48371, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 10

Call me a biach, but 4.5 psi on built bottom end.. Oil leak out of the bed plate junction man...

-K-

JustOneMay-08-03 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#48372, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 10

18-20 8.6:1

Moderator992gntMay-08-03 10:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#48374, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 12

3 weeks ago it was 20, it's now zero, but soon to be twenty again (1 week to go!)

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

sonikbewmMay-08-03 11:04 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#48376, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 13

14psi with built bottom end. JE Pistons and rings 8.6:1, Eagle rods...

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

RemyMay-08-03 11:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#48377, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 2

>anything over 8lbs of boost requieres the need for built
>bottom end/propor fuel system

I thought you can 10psi with a fmic on stock internals ? Oh I am at 15-16psi but 12psi daily on my gst.

95 gs-t
6 bolt swap
T-2small turbo
15 Psi
Joe P mbc
Greddy uip
Greddy lip
Greddy bov
Supra smic
Borla cat back exhaust
Gutted cat
Apexi Safc
Walboro 255 fuel pump
Autometer gauges -Egt,Air/Fuel and Boost

BoostedGSMay-08-03 12:20 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#48381, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 15
May-08-03 12:22 PM by BoostedGS

>I thought you can 10psi with a fmic on stock internals ? Oh I
>am at 15-16psi but 12psi daily on my gst.

It doesn't matter if you have a FMIC or not. The temperature of the air charge is not really the problem. The stock pistons can only handle around 8psi of pressure before you risk breaking them.

I run 15psi, 8.6:1 compression, JE pistons, Eagle rods.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

MalenkoMay-08-03 08:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#48421, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 16

5-7 PSI (depends on how much my current FMIC piping wants to leak)
7 PSI when EvulFleas STAR FMIC and piping come
and early next month 13 or so on 420AAvenger's built block Im buyin off him (after I upgrade fuel as well)

fly1May-09-03 03:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48428, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 0

Dual stage boost controller set at 14 psi and 19 psi, but for the most part, I boost 14 psi daily driving. I have a fully built internal (8.8:1 compression) and a piggy-back fuel controller (Accel DFI).

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

pn0ymahalMay-09-03 06:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#48432, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 18

stock engine at 9psi, and for kicks 12psi if i get bored with 9psi. #30 injectors and timing retard if needed. in a few weeks i will be using the 8-injector setup followed by my rebuild.
oh kaiser, your a bihoo like you said haha.. j/p dude.. hehe... get that leak fix or im going to slap your built motor around with my stock motor hehe..
let me know when you plan to meet with the guys to fix it..
cool

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild
2GNT Member #32

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Jasvb TS2K2May-09-03 06:09 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#48433, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 18

8psi daily for 10 months. Stock internals, Walbro 255 inline, cartech FPR, stock injectors, FMIC and I STILL run rich, so does that mean I can run 10psi with 105 octane?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2
"The ONLY Honda I'd mod would be ASIMO"

ClipseRSTMay-09-03 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
325 posts,
#48447, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 20

What octane are you guys using over 15 psi... Also Whats your fuel system look like... Im hoping UPS man comes today with some boxes from HRC. Just woundering what fuel Ill need and system to back it.

zerobubbleMay-09-03 09:50 AM
6 posts,
#48451, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 21

Great reponses guys!! this is exactly what I was looking for...

Now... does anyone have the equation for figuring out the comprestion? is it based on bore and stroke?

I have no idea what compression I'm running right now...

(damn I feel dumb... please laugh at me....)

BoostedGSMay-09-03 10:23 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#48452, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 22
May-09-03 10:25 AM by BoostedGS

If you still have stock internals in your 420A motor, you have 9.6:1 compression. I think just about everyone on the board that runs over 8psi has dropped their compression either voluntarily, or by blowing the engine. I think we have one or two members on the board that are going turbo with higher compression (10.5:1) but they are using stronger forged pistons/rods.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

zerobubbleMay-09-03 11:06 AM
6 posts,
#48455, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 23

>If you still have stock internals in your 420A motor, you
>have 9.6:1 compression. I think just about everyone on the
>board that runs over 8psi has dropped their compression either
>voluntarily, or by blowing the engine. I think we have one or
>two members on the board that are going turbo with higher
>compression (10.5:1) but they are using stronger forged
>pistons/rods.

I have a built bottom with JE pistons / Eagle rods... I figured out it is printed on the data sheet for the rods...

What internals are they using with a 10.5:1 ratio?

lonnie1977May-09-03 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#48470, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 24

8 psi

1998 Eclipse GS,Hahn Stage 2 Turbo Kit w/ Missing Likn and Vortech SFMU,TurboXS Type H RFL,Corbins Digital A/F Gauge,Apex N1 Exhaust, Nuespeed Short Shifter,Autometer Boost,EGT and A/F

Teamdougie2May-10-03 06:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#48486, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 25

About 15psi untuned with fully built engine with 8.8:1 compression. It's down right now to be tuned for 22psi.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

juggaloMay-10-03 06:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#48501, "RE: How much boost are you running?"
In response to Reply # 26

if you had the bowls on the head shaved to lower compression could you run 10 psi on stock internals without having a problem?

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #48292 Previous topic | Next topic