Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #39427
View in linear mode

Subject: "Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????" Previous topic | Next topic
green3Feb-18-03 02:50 PM
Member since Feb 03rd 2003
86 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39427, "Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"

seen the install on here the other night if some one could help me with this link would greatly appeciate. Tried the search and could not find.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, Uberingram, Feb-18-03 03:13 PM, #1
RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, green3, Feb-18-03 03:57 PM, #2
      RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, CopperEclipse96, Feb-18-03 04:20 PM, #3
           RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, Teamdougie2, Feb-18-03 04:39 PM, #4
                RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, CopperEclipse96, Feb-18-03 05:33 PM, #5
                     RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, green3, Feb-19-03 05:44 AM, #6
                          RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, Teamdougie2, Feb-19-03 01:00 PM, #7
                               RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, Collente, Feb-19-03 01:50 PM, #8
                                    RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, Teamdougie2, Feb-19-03 05:41 PM, #9
                                         RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, Kiku, Feb-19-03 06:13 PM, #10
                                         RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????, 98RsT, Feb-20-03 10:46 AM, #11

UberingramFeb-18-03 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39428, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 0

To power your gauges with the cig lighter you pull off the drivers side center console panel.

The lighter has a blue wire on it, that is your 12 vold switched power. Splice into it.

You can ground your guages to about any bolt point thats on metel (ie frame). I found i nice little bolt next to the fuse box on the drivers side cabin.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

green3Feb-18-03 03:57 PM
86 posts,
#39430, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 1

I was actually trying to find out how they were able to cut it out so the gauge would mount flush

CopperEclipse96Feb-18-03 04:20 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#39434, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 2

if you were to splice into the lihter wire, how many gauges could you run off of that? As many as you have?

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

Teamdougie2Feb-18-03 04:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#39438, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 3

You can run a couple gauge lights directly off that wire. If you have many gauges (I have 6 for example), then you need to run a relay off that wire and power them directly through the relay.

As for the original queston... just measure the gauge, and cut a hole that size over the old cig lighter hole. Use a dremmel.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

CopperEclipse96Feb-18-03 05:33 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#39445, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 4

so would say...three gauges be ok? what about 4? not sure how many i am going to have yet...

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

green3Feb-19-03 05:44 AM
86 posts,
#39463, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 5

Found what I was looking for thanks for your help!!!
Melinko has the pic that I was looking for.

Teamdougie2Feb-19-03 01:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#39489, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 6

Can you post that link or pic or whatever you have? I was thinking about mounting my tranny temp gauge there since it's close to the shifter. I'm wondering what it looks like. Thanks!

As for splicing the cig wire... I'd say no more than 3 off that wire. I haven't tested it so I'm not postive.

Doug

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding

CollenteFeb-19-03 01:50 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#39492, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 7

I second that please!
Nick
97RS
OBX Headers, OBX CAI, OBX Cat-Back, 8%tint,Walbro High flow pump, Accell wires/plugs, Custom interior, Upper Strut Bar, Kenwood/pioneer stereo.
Old: Custom IHI Stage2
In about a week: NX75 shot, AFX Ecu

Teamdougie2Feb-19-03 05:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#39503, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 8

That's Malenko's pic, he used a dremmel to do it.

Doug

KikuFeb-19-03 06:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#39505, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 9

Malenko dude, you are in DE right? we should meet up some time. I've been thinking of putting a gauge in my sebring's cig lighter spot and molding a gauge cup there with epoxy or something. Not sure what's the best material (and easy to work with) that bonds well with plastic....

1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 3 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

98RsTFeb-20-03 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#39536, "RE: Heed help to find the cig lighter gauge install????????"
In response to Reply # 9

How did he get the A/C lights to look like that?? I am interested in getting rid of the orange crap.

-Danny

" We cannot appeal to the conscience of the world when our own conscience is asleep. " Carl von Ossiet

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #39427 Previous topic | Next topic