Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108984
View in linear mode

Subject: "turbo exhaust manifold" Previous topic | Next topic
C-NoSep-29-11 12:47 AM
Member since Feb 09th 2010
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108984, "turbo exhaust manifold"

I know it is possible to make you own turbo manifold but can you make like a crazy one instead of one of those log looking ones im trying to save money i didnt know if it would be cheaper making it myself or buying one

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: turbo exhaust manifold, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-29-11 03:06 AM, #1
RE: turbo exhaust manifold, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-29-11 07:49 AM, #2
RE: turbo exhaust manifold, Slo2g, Sep-29-11 09:41 AM, #3
      RE: turbo exhaust manifold, streetlightning, Sep-29-11 10:05 AM, #4
           RE: turbo exhaust manifold, C-No, Sep-29-11 03:28 PM, #5
                RE: turbo exhaust manifold, ez, Sep-29-11 04:09 PM, #6
                     RE: turbo exhaust manifold, C-No, Sep-29-11 06:53 PM, #8
                          RE: turbo exhaust manifold, ez, Sep-29-11 08:32 PM, #14
                               RE: turbo exhaust manifold, streetlightning, Sep-29-11 08:33 PM, #15
RE: turbo exhaust manifold, C-No, Sep-29-11 06:51 PM, #7
      RE: turbo exhaust manifold, Slo2g, Sep-29-11 07:05 PM, #9
           RE: turbo exhaust manifold, C-No, Sep-29-11 07:33 PM, #10
                RE: turbo exhaust manifold, C-No, Sep-29-11 07:47 PM, #11
                     RE: turbo exhaust manifold, Slo2g, Sep-29-11 07:53 PM, #12
                          RE: turbo exhaust manifold, streetlightning, Sep-29-11 08:15 PM, #13
                               RE: turbo exhaust manifold, Slo2g, Sep-29-11 08:54 PM, #16
                                    RE: turbo exhaust manifold, streetlightning, Sep-30-11 06:20 AM, #17
                                         RE: turbo exhaust manifold, bagged420a, Sep-30-11 11:51 AM, #18
                                              RE: turbo exhaust manifold, streetlightning, Sep-30-11 12:53 PM, #19
                                                   RE: turbo exhaust manifold, SilvrEclips, Oct-03-11 08:57 AM, #20

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-29-11 03:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108985, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes. Here's a "crazy" one;

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=119854&mesg_id=119854&page=

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCSep-29-11 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108986, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 1

i agree. "crazy"

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Slo2gSep-29-11 09:41 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#108987, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 2

Yep, and look up Corbins as well, I think the thread starts off with, "All your manifolds are belong to us" or something

streetlightningSep-29-11 10:05 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#108988, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-29-11 10:06 AM by streetlightning

do you ant crazy" b/c it looks kool? You do realize this is done to get a performance gain.. and it isnt cheap.. you can get a different ones then the log for $900+, and they go up from there.. but again its performance driven, so if your looking for a looks aspect. you should prolly gtfo.. IE: you wont need it b/c you car isnt bad ass enuf to need it, or else you wouldn't be asking such a silly question.

If you want to make one, it requires some one with welding skill.. and since you dont seem to care about performance, who knows how much it will cost. prolly cheap b/c after all your just welding pipes together to make a "crazy" look, vs making sure all runners are equal length etc.

Just sayin.

you want cheap, go log. they are like 100$.

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

C-NoSep-29-11 03:28 PM
17 posts,
#108990, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by streetlightning
do you ant crazy" b/c it looks kool? You do realize this is done to get a performance gain.. and it isnt cheap.. you can get a different ones then the log for $900+, and they go up from there.. but again its performance driven, so if your looking for a looks aspect. you should prolly gtfo.. IE: you wont need it b/c you car isnt bad ass enuf to need it, or else you wouldn't be asking such a silly question. If you want to make one, it requires some one with welding skill.. and since you dont seem to care about performance, who knows how much it will cost. prolly cheap b/c after all your just welding pipes together to make a "crazy" look, vs making sure all runners are equal length etc. Just sayin. you want cheap, go log. they are like 100$.

I understand its for proformance i was just trying to see if its more reasonable to make it yourself or to just buy one and im not doing it for looks i just thought crazy was a good way to describe them and im going to be doing a turbo build here soon im not just like slapping a turbo on im going all out thats why i was looking into that im trying to get as much hp as possibe too

ezSep-29-11 04:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#108991, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 5

You may have missed the "RACE MANIFOLD" ad on the top of every forum page, so here is the link - http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/420a-race-manifold-p-62.html

Honestly I don't think you can beat that when you consider reliability, performance, and price. And it's gorgeous too.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

C-NoSep-29-11 06:53 PM
17 posts,
#108993, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by ez
You may have missed the "RACE MANIFOLD" ad on the top of every forum page, so here is the link - http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/420a-race-manifold-p-62.html Honestly I don't think you can beat that when you consider reliability, performance, and price. And it's gorgeous too.

Which is better this or the ram horn one idk from experiance from looks the ram one looks more usefull

ezSep-29-11 08:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#109003, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by C-No
Originally posted by ez You may have missed the "RACE MANIFOLD" ad on the top of every forum page, so here is the link - http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/420a-race-manifold-p-62.html Honestly I don't think you can beat that when you consider reliability, performance, and price. And it's gorgeous too.
Which is better this or the ram horn one idk from experiance from looks the ram one looks more usefull

For YOU, the symtech mani is the best option all around. Don't get too theoretical at this point with what beats what. Get a good mani period, and start spending your time on the other 100 variables you need to get in order to turbo the 420a correctly.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

streetlightningSep-29-11 08:33 PM
778 posts,
#109004, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 14

^This

you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, honestly, its the honest ones you need to look out for. you never know when they will do something..stupid

C-NoSep-29-11 06:51 PM
17 posts,
#108992, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 1

Not to eat my words but thats a lil too crazy im not trying to make a bunch of mods just to make it fit

Slo2gSep-29-11 07:05 PM
1074 posts,
#108994, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 7

If you want something different but petformes well then get the symtech labs unit.

C-NoSep-29-11 07:33 PM
17 posts,
#108995, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 9

Not trying to question you but the ram one in theory seems like the better one bc of the longer piping so more air flow correct me if im wrong but isnt that what i should want?

C-NoSep-29-11 07:47 PM
17 posts,
#108996, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 10

I saw this and would kinda like to do something like that but didnt know if it would bevless expensive to make myself
http://www.xtremefabrications.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=138

Slo2gSep-29-11 07:53 PM
1074 posts,
#108997, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 11

You could make it yourself sure, but how long would it last? If you get one from Dougie then I bet it would never crack, if you weld it then I bet it would crack, I bet your merge collector wouldn't flow as well either and your flanges would be warped. If you want a quality manifold that performs better than a log but don't have to worry about cracking then the Symtec Race manifold is the way to go. If you want to try your hand at making one and are prepared to loose around 500 bucks worth of flanges, piping, and welding material(not counting the welder) then go for it!

streetlightningSep-29-11 08:15 PM
778 posts,
#109000, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 12
Sep-29-11 08:17 PM by streetlightning

wow dude.. look your not going to make over 400.. so either get the log or the symtech race manifold. unless you magically have free metal and weld access , you cant build you one cheaper, so for get it..plus its all stainless steel.. its not cheap material.. OBX is crap. it fits like crap and will prolly break. do a search youll see.

Dougs manis are awsome and worth the price.. But your not gunna make the hp that that thing deserves.. code4 just made 400hp on the log just fine.. so that means ull be fine with it too. Please dont come in here and second guess users that have been on here forever and have more knowledge..

If you want looks and performance, just buy the the symtech one.

Slo2gSep-29-11 08:54 PM
1074 posts,
#109005, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 13
Sep-29-11 08:55 PM by Slo2g

It sounds to me like you want to try, if you do then go for it. Just understand that you may be loosing some money doing, or you could be gaining a bad ass manifold.

Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic....

streetlightningSep-30-11 06:20 AM
778 posts,
#109006, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 16

Lol perfect example.. b.c the ark was never proven to exist lol. So ametures talk.. pros walk.

bagged420aSep-30-11 11:51 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#109007, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 17

I wish some people would go take some grammer classes. This thread sucks to read, with the except of a few members.

streetlightningSep-30-11 12:53 PM
778 posts,
#109008, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 18

yea? And I wish newbs would search more before posting.Wish in one hand...

SilvrEclipsOct-03-11 08:57 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#109009, "RE: turbo exhaust manifold"
In response to Reply # 19

If you have the resources to build one then go for it. As long as you can do some fabrication and have the time to put into it.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108984 Previous topic | Next topic