Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99681
View in linear mode

Subject: "Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???" Previous topic | Next topic
Domestic KillerSep-12-07 05:22 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2007
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99681, "Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???"

Ok I bought a 96 Eclipse GS and it didn't have the rear wiper arm or motor on it. The hole and wires were there for it. I guess he was going to shave it. I bought the arm and motor off EBay and need to know how to put it on. Inside the wiper arm there is a nut floating around that screws onto the motor but how do you get it to or is it supposed to be in a fixed place inside the arm?????

Thank You For All Your Help In Advance!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Domestic KillerSep-12-07 05:12 AM
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99682, "RE: Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???"
In response to Reply # 0

Also is it possible to have the blade rest at the bottom of the glass instead of the side and still work???????

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

edxmonSep-12-07 10:36 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#99684, "RE: Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???"
In response to Reply # 1

No there is no way of the blade resting on the bottom (like on the windshield) and still have a functional wiper. It would only cover the bottom part of the glass and be useless. Now here are my two cents: Most people actually opt to remove their rear wipers when their cars have them. So you are kind of going backwards. Do a quick search on "rear wiper" here on the forum, and I'm certain you'll find more than enough information.

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

Domestic KillerSep-12-07 11:14 AM
67 posts,
#99685, "RE: Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???"
In response to Reply # 2

Did That And Didn't Find Anything About Puting One On With What I Am Talking About, Mainly Talked About Taking Them Off.

edxmonSep-12-07 03:58 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#99687, "RE: Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-12-07 03:58 PM by edxmon

Point and Case.

But here is the factory service manual (online pdfs), maybe you can find something usefull. Aside from that there isn't much I can do for you.

Service Manual

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

dalesmitsuSep-12-07 07:51 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#99688, "RE: Reinstalling Rear Wiper Arm And Motor???"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Ok I bought a 96 Eclipse GS and it didn't have the rear wiper arm or motor on it. The hole and wires were there for it. I guess he was going to shave it. I bought the arm and motor off EBay and need to know how to put it on. Inside the wiper arm there is a nut floating around that screws onto the motor but how do you get it to or is it supposed to be in a fixed place inside the arm????? Thank You For All Your Help In Advance!!!!

Buy the Haynes Manuel for the year of your Car, it gives you the complete Teardown and rebuild of your whole and removel of your rear wiper arm and the motor too. Its under 20 bucks at autoZone or at advance autoparts. Tell them bubba sent you joking

Both the Haynes and Chiltons Books are like the DSM BIBLE,

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99681 Previous topic | Next topic