Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #983
View in linear mode

Subject: "97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them" Previous topic | Next topic
oRACLe063Jan-25-01 06:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#983, "97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"

ok i finally got them out of my car .. and i wanted to change the bulb inside .... i couldnt open it ... i tryed twisting it to no avail .... anyone ever open the reverse lights ? how the hell did u do it ? what kind of bulb is back there? please help

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, Lee, Jan-25-01 07:26 AM, #1
RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, John99RS, Jan-25-01 07:57 AM, #2
      RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, Tony M (Guest), Jan-25-01 08:54 AM, #3
           RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, oRACLe063, Jan-26-01 01:59 AM, #4
RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, EclipseTical, Feb-20-01 05:02 PM, #5
RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, EvMan2345, Feb-21-01 12:41 AM, #6
      RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, oRACLe063, Feb-21-01 02:20 AM, #7
           RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, BLKOUT, Feb-21-01 03:49 AM, #8
                RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, Junoon, Feb-21-01 07:57 AM, #9
                     RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them, oRACLe063, Feb-21-01 09:55 AM, #10

LeeJan-25-01 07:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#984, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you going to change the color? If so what color are you going to go with?

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSJan-25-01 07:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#985, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 1

Get a pair of pliers and gently turn the bulb assembly(socket). It will turn, it's just on there real tight that's all. There's a rubber gasket that's keeping it sealed real good.

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Tony M (Guest)Jan-25-01 08:54 AM

#986, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 2

ive got some hyper whites in my reverse's and like John said its on there real good just give it a nice twist and it should come off...good luck

tony

oRACLe063Jan-26-01 01:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#987, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 3

well right now my light theme is an orange/red color its on my clear corner, sidemarker,licence plate light and the back of my euro tails .... now what i wanted to do is splice the running light wire and connect it to the reverse lights (i think that would look sweet ... and im gonna put in the same bulb the orange/red...thanks guys for your help ...does anyone know what kind of bulb we need ? is it the 194's? ( supplimental note - i went to a car wash awhile ago and found a ton of the 194's all for 2 dollars i usually pay 10 for 2 !! so i stocked up like there was no tommorow .. i have a ton of red blues hyper white yellow and orangey/red {its not the amber it looks great.....}gotta love it )

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

EclipseTicalFeb-20-01 05:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#988, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 0

i have the same problem dog, that is a bitch. If you find out let me know. ill do the same

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

EvMan2345Feb-21-01 12:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#989, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 5

the reverse lights are 1156's

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

oRACLe063Feb-21-01 02:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#990, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 6

awesome guys thanks for the help i will try again tonight .....do u think the cops will bust balls if i make the reverse lights running lights

..nGk pLUGs..
..sHORt rAm..
..uNORTh Pulley..
..mODIFIEd eURo tAILs..
..cUZo sIDe mARKERs..
oRACLe
oRACLe063@hotmail.com
http://97rseclipse.homestead.com/lucy.html
"speed only gets you so far"

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

BLKOUTFeb-21-01 03:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#991, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 7

Yes. I'm pretty sure that they will hassle you. I don't know how the cops are there, but here I think they would be all over that.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

JunoonFeb-21-01 07:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#992, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 8

nah.. i don't think cops would do anything.... as long as those are red lights... unless if they catch you backing up... with no white lights... u can put as many red lights on the back of your car as you want... but if you have hyper white on all the time while driving.. then... soon you'd see red and blue blinking lights in your rear view mirror...

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

oRACLe063Feb-21-01 09:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#993, "RE: 97 reverse lights...how the f*#k do i open them"
In response to Reply # 9

i havent had a problem with my orange lights ...what do u think

..nGk pLUGs..
..sHORt rAm..
..uNORTh Pulley..
..mODIFIEd eURo tAILs..
..cUZo sIDe mARKERs..
oRACLe
oRACLe063@hotmail.com
http://97rseclipse.homestead.com/lucy.html
"speed only gets you so far"

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #983 Previous topic | Next topic