Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97920
View in linear mode

Subject: "window sealing and rattling promblem" Previous topic | Next topic
Slimyjr.Feb-22-07 11:07 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97920, "window sealing and rattling promblem"

Like every other 2g, mine rattles like hell. Especially my drivers side window. Now, i've researched the forums and i think i know how to fix it pretty well. But the promblem is that when i put my window up, it sticks out like 1/4in. and the wind catches it and it rattles like a mofo. Do i just take it somewhere to fix it or is there a way to do it myself?? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, boosted60trimrst, Feb-19-07 06:13 PM, #1
RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, Slimyjr., Feb-20-07 05:08 AM, #2
      RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, ThePerfectShift, Feb-20-07 05:14 AM, #3
           RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, Slimyjr., Feb-20-07 06:17 AM, #4
                RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, edxmon, Feb-20-07 01:33 PM, #5
                     RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, ivan300, Feb-20-07 09:38 PM, #6
                          RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, Nightfall, Feb-21-07 04:23 AM, #7
                               RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, Slimyjr., Feb-21-07 04:38 AM, #8
                                    RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, Chamuko, Feb-21-07 07:14 AM, #9
                                         RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, goalie40, Feb-21-07 12:02 PM, #10
                                         RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, Slimyjr., Feb-22-07 05:04 AM, #11
                                         RE: window sealing and rattling promblem, TeamDR1665, Feb-22-07 10:48 AM, #12

boosted60trimrstFeb-19-07 06:13 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97925, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 0

i thought everyones did that .mine rattles too . i fugured it was do to the fack that there no frame around the window to seal it good .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slimyjr.Feb-20-07 05:08 AM
212 posts,
#97927, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 1

Well sort of. Pretty much all eclipses rattle but my window doesn't even come against the rubber stuff on the top. There's a 1/4in gap that lets water in and stuff.

ThePerfectShiftFeb-20-07 05:14 AM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
#97928, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 2

i have the same problem. I always figured it was the regulator f'd up.

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

Slimyjr.Feb-20-07 06:17 AM
212 posts,
#97930, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 3

Anyone know what to do. Take it to a shop that can fix it or what??

edxmonFeb-20-07 01:33 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#97931, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 4

take the door cover off and push the glass up?

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

ivan300Feb-20-07 09:38 PM
Member since Dec 15th 2006
103 posts,
#97933, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 5

mine has no gap but the drivers side window rattles and its quite annoying. Is there any way to tighten the window so it has less play?

99 Eclipse GS(with Turbo),Turbonetics 60-1 0.63a/r, MS II v3, 3" Turbo back exhaust, GSX Brakes, Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons, Eagle Rods, Crane 14s, SS Valves, Felpro Gasket Kit, Obx Lsd, Southbend Fe Clutch, Ebay Short Shifter, Pioneer Avic-N3, 12" Alpine Type-R

NightfallFeb-21-07 04:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#97934, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 6

I fixed mine awhile back and all I did was took the door panel off and adjusted the bracket things with the black felt pads the window slides between. If you roll the glass down all the way and look through the top between the window trim, you can see them. They ARE a pain to get adjusted right. Oh, I also took them out and wrapped and sewed some black felt I got from Hobby Lobby around em and that made a big difference too.

Slimyjr.Feb-21-07 04:38 AM
212 posts,
#97935, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 7

I'll try that and get back to you guys.

ChamukoFeb-21-07 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#97940, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 8

Your windows should not be rattling and they should not be off track.

Take off your door skin, there are bolts that from the ouside, seem to be holding nothing. Theese are infact holding your window track and various bumbers that push and hold your window.

It Is rattling from going on years without being tightened or adjusted. I wouldnt be surprised if some of you are missing the bolts completely, check the bottom of your door for them.

My windows never rattle or so much as move... people close and open the door by holding the glass...thats your biggest problem. I make sure to tell all my passengers, DOOR only.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

goalie40Feb-21-07 12:02 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#97943, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 9

good info on this Im gonna fix my window on sun now. thanks

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

Slimyjr.Feb-22-07 05:04 AM
212 posts,
#97948, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 10

yea, thanks for the great info!

TeamDR1665Feb-22-07 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#97953, "RE: window sealing and rattling promblem"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Chamuko
Your windows should not be rattling and they should not be off track. Take off your door skin, there are bolts that from the ouside, seem to be holding nothing. Theese are infact holding your window track and various bumbers that push and hold your window. It Is rattling from going on years without being tightened or adjusted. I wouldnt be surprised if some of you are missing the bolts completely, check the bottom of your door for them. My windows never rattle or so much as move... people close and open the door by holding the glass...thats your biggest problem. I make sure to tell all my passengers, DOOR only.

Word to your mother. I was just going to suggest this. I sternly reprimanded anyone who closed my doors by the glass and kept it to a minimum. As such, I went over ten years and 200,000 miles on Daisy before my driver's window went to hell. The gear is stripping out, so I said "Hell with it," and put the car in the garage... for the rest of the year, I guess.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97920 Previous topic | Next topic