Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97823
View in linear mode

Subject: " how to covert manual windows to power windows" Previous topic | Next topic
98-eclipse-rsFeb-10-07 08:03 AM
Member since Feb 04th 2007
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97823, " how to covert manual windows to power windows"
Feb-10-07 08:04 AM by 98-eclipse-rs

I'm not sure if there is a post about this on here, but I was wondering if anyone has written up or have converted manual windows to power windows (locks too). I was also wondering if avenger and sebrings use the same regulator and the motor as the eclipse RS.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-10-07 09:42 AM, #1
RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, MCubed45, Feb-10-07 10:48 AM, #2
RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, 98-eclipse-rs, Feb-10-07 04:52 PM, #3
RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, boosted60trimrst, Feb-10-07 10:47 PM, #4
      RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, goalie40, Feb-11-07 12:10 PM, #5
RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, Domestic Killer, Feb-19-07 03:28 AM, #6
RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, goalie40, Feb-19-07 09:24 AM, #7
      RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, fourreGsixty3, Jan-06-08 10:45 AM, #8
           RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-07-08 06:37 AM, #9
                RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, fourreGsixty3, Jan-12-08 01:21 PM, #10
                     RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, daes_venge, Jan-14-08 01:24 PM, #11
                          RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows, cory matthews, Jan-14-08 04:07 PM, #12

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-10-07 09:42 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97824, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 0

www.autoloc.com

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Feb-10-07 10:48 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#97825, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 1

a lot of people have done it. most (myself included) went with a SPAL window kit. there are also a lot of threads with detailed info.

-marc

98-eclipse-rsFeb-10-07 04:52 PM
Member since Feb 04th 2007
13 posts,
#97827, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 0

ok but what about them being the same as avenger and sebrings use the same regulator and the motor as the eclipse RS. does anyone have like a step by step diagram?

boosted60trimrstFeb-10-07 10:47 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#97829, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 3

it should be the same but it will be a easier to just get aftermarket power windows . i also have the spal hooked up to the stock switchs and door poppers hooked up to the stock lock switch .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

goalie40Feb-11-07 12:10 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#97830, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 4

I went with oem parts to do it. I found the power regulators and harness on ebay, door skins localy. Finding the power relays for the door locks and windows is a bitch. I got the door relay, and have been sent the blinker relay twice now trying to get the window relay.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

Domestic KillerFeb-19-07 03:28 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2007
67 posts,
#97917, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-19-07 05:31 AM by Domestic Killer

Ok This Is My first Post, But I Have Been Wanting To Do This On My 99 Eclipse RS. What About Going To A Junk Yard And Picking Up A Set Of Doors That Are Full Power And Just Swappin Out The Whole Doors? My Local Junk Yard Will Sell Me A Set Of 99 Eclipse GS Doors With Relays For $100. Would That Work B/C From What I Have Seen Posted If You Just Swap Out The Guts You Still Have To Do A Some Work To Get Every Thing To Fit And Work Correctly.

goalie40Feb-19-07 09:24 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#97922, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 6

I have one door installed everything bolts right up. Its just a bitch at first. almost 3 hours for one door but the second should go faster cause, I (kinda)know what im doing now.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

fourreGsixty3Jan-06-08 10:45 AM
Member since Jan 06th 2008
5 posts,
#100358, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by goalie40
I have one door installed everything bolts right up. Its just a bitch at first. almost 3 hours for one door but the second should go faster cause, I (kinda)know what im doing now.

What exactly has to be done. I can pick up a mint set of white doors off a GSX. I just need to really know what to wire in, ect... Ive been looking on DSMTuners, but couldn't find anything.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-07-08 06:37 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#100361, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 8

You will need to swap out the door harness, the window regulator/motor, doo lock actuator and switches/door panel. If you want step by tep, read a service manual.

fourreGsixty3Jan-12-08 01:21 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2008
5 posts,
#100376, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 9

I have to swap all that even if I have complete doors off of a GSX?

daes_vengeJan-14-08 01:24 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#100380, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by fourreGsixty3
I have to swap all that even if I have complete doors off of a GSX?

If the gsx doors have all of the power stuff in them, then no, you don't have to swap anything from one door to the other. Just bolt the new doors on.

cory matthewsJan-14-08 04:07 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2008
10 posts,
#100381, "RE: how to covert manual windows to power windows"
In response to Reply # 11

I converted my car using a set of doors from a tsi. One of the doors was in bad shape and one of my doors was in bad shape (opposite sides, it worked out). I swapped the guts on one and bolted the other one up, Since mine is a 96 it wasn't just the relays that I had to get, I had to get the part of the harness that goes to the doors and get power to the right wires. Wasn't too hard but the windows move slow, I think the motors are just worn out. My dad was helping me out because I am terrible with wiring and the manual has mention of an etacs ecu, anyone know anything about this? I think it has something to do with being able to put the window up for a period of time after taking the key out but I'm not sure (we didn't follow the manual exactly).

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97823 Previous topic | Next topic