Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97709
View in linear mode

Subject: "2G Headlight replacement" Previous topic | Next topic
silvereagleJan-22-07 10:36 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2006
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97709, "2G Headlight replacement"

Hey guys, I hate to post such a stupid question especially since I'm new, but I'm having a tough time changing my headlight bulbs as the spacing is awfully tight. The car is a 1998 Talon.

I tought about removing the headlight housings but the bumper has to come off I think. Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

talon749Jan-22-07 10:46 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97710, "RE: 2G Headlight replacement"
In response to Reply # 0

http://rcaz.com/rcaz/sub%20indexes/eclipsebumper/index.htm

that tells you everything you need to do to take off the bumper to get to the headlights with pictures!

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsJan-22-07 11:50 AM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#97711, "RE: 2G Headlight replacement"
In response to Reply # 1

Don't take off the bumper to replace your headlights. If you were going to take out the housings, that would be fine, but you really don't need to. I have really big hands (yeah, that too), and I was able to wiggle the lights in. Your fingers and hands are going to get bashed up, but that is one of the expenses of working on your own car.

http://talontimes.blogspot.com
99gs
95TSI

silvereagleJan-22-07 02:29 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2006
8 posts,
#97712, "RE: 2G Headlight replacement"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-22-07 02:30 PM by silvereagle

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too worried about bashing my hands. I've gotten used to it from working on my previous 91 Turbo.

I think all it takes is a bit of patience. I'll give it a go and keep you guys posted.

Thanks again

95_ESi_PersonJan-22-07 02:37 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#97713, "RE: 2G Headlight replacement"
In response to Reply # 3

it's getting those little clips back on that are the hard part. I've found that removing the top to the fuse cover helps a little too.

But then again reaching them is easy now because of the removed A/C components and the removed stock airbox, it's just those stupid clips that hold the bulb in place.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #97709 Previous topic | Next topic