Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #940
View in linear mode

Subject: "Custom Altezzas" Previous topic | Next topic
LeeJan-23-01 07:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#940, "Custom Altezzas"

I want to get my wheels powdercoated white, but I have G1 Altezzas. How do you think it would look if I painted the chrome part of the Altezzas white? (be kind I'm thinking out loud, so to speak) I would probably replace the badging on the back with white and paint the diamonds on the front. The only sticker that even has a chance to make it on my car is a HRC sticker, either on the door or the side skirts. What do you guys think?

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Custom Altezzas, mikee97gs, Jan-23-01 09:45 AM, #1
RE: Custom Altezzas, oRACLe063, Jan-24-01 01:31 AM, #2
      RE: Custom Altezzas, Ryan_RS, Jan-24-01 12:46 PM, #3
           RE: Custom Altezzas, oRACLe063, Jan-25-01 01:37 AM, #4
                ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight, oRACLe063, Jan-25-01 06:12 AM, #5
                     RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight, Tony M (Guest), Jan-25-01 08:59 AM, #6
                          RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight, oRACLe063, Jan-26-01 02:02 AM, #7
                               RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight, CoBen67, Jan-26-01 05:37 PM, #8
                                    RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight, CorgiEclipse, Jan-27-01 04:13 AM, #9

mikee97gsJan-23-01 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#941, "RE: Custom Altezzas"
In response to Reply # 0

You should keep them crystal. Dont paint them white. I have white wheels(Nippon 8-spoke). My car is also white, so that may make it look a little better. My altezzas look realy good with them, although I am in the process of getting the center light painted white as well, it looks really goofy with it just plain.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

oRACLe063Jan-24-01 01:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#942, "RE: Custom Altezzas"
In response to Reply # 1

untrue ..the center piece rocks

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Ryan_HesJan-24-01 12:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#943, "RE: Custom Altezzas"
In response to Reply # 2

Personally, I like the taillights switched out, but the center piece kept the same. I used clear taillights, but kept my centerpiece, cause it matches my car very well. but when it comes down to it, it's just opinion.

Ryan
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

oRACLe063Jan-25-01 01:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#944, "RE: Custom Altezzas"
In response to Reply # 3

it looks very tight !!! it does compliment the color !

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

oRACLe063Jan-25-01 06:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#945, "ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight"
In response to Reply # 4

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Tony M (Guest)Jan-25-01 08:59 AM

#946, "RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight"
In response to Reply # 5

do you have any problems with the bulbs on the end of your altezzas (that are not covered with the red reflectors), ive been pulled over twice for them and both times i was forced to take them out to avoid a ticket...btw lee i think that would look pretty sweet if you did paint your altezzas white with the white wheels etc...

tony

oRACLe063Jan-26-01 02:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#947, "RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight"
In response to Reply # 6

tony not at all and ive had the entire color spectrum in there .. yellow amber hyper white ...even purple ( i gave the purples to my g/f cause the purple lights look pink.. lol ) honestly its just the cops in your area they probably have nothing to do and jump at the chance if they see different color lights ! i live in the bronx and they have better things to do

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

CoBen67Jan-26-01 05:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
94 posts,
#948, "RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight"
In response to Reply # 7

hey Tony...

Try using some Red coated bulbs. I have the Altezza g-2's and thats what I installed. No one excpet the inspection station has fucked with me yet.

Marcus
CoBen67

CorgiEclipseJan-27-01 04:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
15 posts,
#949, "RE: ill be honest though that pic doesnt do my rear justice. in person it looks tight"
In response to Reply # 8

I saw a civic get pulled over with altezza's here at the Strip down in Virginia Beach. They came up beside me and told me that I should get off because he just got a ticket for having clear turn signals. I was like I've got mine covered. The only thing illigal about it is if one of the bulbs is in the turn signal, but Eclipse's use the brake lights for a signal, so that clear corner doesnt ever blink...

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #940 Previous topic | Next topic