Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #93969
View in linear mode

Subject: "Exterior in progress" Previous topic | Next topic
2geclipselamboedApr-30-06 06:31 AM
Member since Jan 12th 2006
265 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93969, "Exterior in progress"

ok well i decided to keep my car and still bought the integra that i posted about earlier. So since i have a daily driver i am striping the eclipse. Some of the things i am doing...

baer brakes big brake kit
lowering it 2 more inches
selling the z3 fenders for F-1 fenders
having a roof scoop molded in
taking off the wing for a carbon fiber hatch
molding in rsx taillights
blacking out the windows
nsx air ducts (if anyone knows where to find them please let me know)
and 2 tone paint black on top, and ferrari yellow on bottom

if anyone has any ideas let me know, i want to do a couple things different i haven't seen on a eclipse before but not make it too goddy or too much of a show car because i still want to drive it

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Exterior in progress, R34Eclipse, Apr-30-06 07:08 AM, #1
RE: Exterior in progress, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-30-06 08:01 AM, #2
RE: Exterior in progress, dsm_talon77901, Apr-30-06 08:16 AM, #3
RE: Exterior in progress, R34Eclipse, Apr-30-06 08:32 AM, #4
RE: Exterior in progress, eclipse982nrRST, Apr-30-06 08:57 AM, #5
      RE: Exterior in progress, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-30-06 09:22 AM, #6
RE: Exterior in progress, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-30-06 09:24 AM, #7
RE: Exterior in progress, dsmmyth, Apr-30-06 12:40 PM, #8
      RE: Exterior in progress, shuwa29, Apr-30-06 03:38 PM, #9
RE: Exterior in progress, CustomGS, May-01-06 10:30 AM, #12
RE: Exterior in progress, 2geclipselamboed, Apr-30-06 04:09 PM, #10
RE: Exterior in progress, WIDECLIPSE, May-01-06 03:14 AM, #11
      RE: Exterior in progress, BlackMagic, May-01-06 04:42 PM, #13
      RE: Exterior in progress, goalie40, May-02-06 08:52 AM, #14
           RE: Exterior in progress, djtrickee, May-02-06 11:48 AM, #15
                RE: Exterior in progress, goalie40, May-02-06 02:10 PM, #16
                     RE: Exterior in progress, 2geclipselamboed, May-02-06 02:33 PM, #17
                     RE: Exterior in progress, djtrickee, May-03-06 05:37 AM, #18

R34EclipseApr-30-06 07:08 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93970, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-30-06 07:08 AM by R34Eclipse

if you don't want it "goddy" then cross out the f-1s for stock fenders, leave out the roof scoop, screw the rsx lights. And I dunno about the nsx scoops either
-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2geclipselamboedApr-30-06 08:01 AM
265 posts,
#93971, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by R34Eclipse
if you don't want it "goddy" then cross out the f-1s for stock fenders, leave out the roof scoop, screw the rsx lights. And I dunno about the nsx scoops either ----------------------------------- 97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a -----------------------------------

yeah i thought about leaving out the roof scoop and just have a sunroof put in but i don't want a pop up one i want an electric one, just don't feel like paying 800 bucks to have on put in. i still want to do the rsx tails though because i haven't seen another eclipse with that done all i see is supra tails

dsm_talon77901Apr-30-06 08:16 AM
Member since Nov 06th 2005
33 posts,
#93972, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont like rsx tails on eclipse but its your car and money

R34EclipseApr-30-06 08:32 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#93973, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 3

hmm yea those look GREAT with the curve of the rear fenders, fit perfect.... ummm you don't wanna spend 800 on an electric sunroof but you will pay to have a fiberglass pointless scoop molded into your roof, don't see it being much cheaper in the long run unless you do it yourself, and it will cost more later down the road when you realize how ugly it is and have to take it back off.
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a

eclipse982nrRSTApr-30-06 08:57 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#93974, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 4

I like those z3 fender inserts on the rear bumper pictured above...
Those tail lights are fucking uglier then hell.

And if you ant a roof scoop, I have one I will sell you for $50 shipped, it has the big front duct and 2 small ducts in the back of it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

2geclipselamboedApr-30-06 09:22 AM
265 posts,
#93975, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 5

could u send me a picture of the roof scoop???

2geclipselamboedApr-30-06 09:24 AM
265 posts,
#93976, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by dsm_talon77901

yeah ok after seeing that hell no to the tail lights

dsmmythApr-30-06 12:40 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#93977, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 7
Apr-30-06 12:40 PM by dsmmyth

I don't see why you would want a roof scoop. Anyways, I'm sure optikal would know where to get some NSX vents. He has MR2 vents on his personally.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

shuwa29Apr-30-06 03:38 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#93978, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 8

well roof scoop...trying to keep the interior cool?

rsx tails...s15 sylvia lights might looks better.

but again, it's your money and your car. have fun.

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

CustomGSMay-01-06 10:30 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93990, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by dsm_talon77901

GOD!!! I will never ever understand why people do all that body work and mold the skirts...JUST to leave that panel on the door. It looks so effin stupid.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

2geclipselamboedApr-30-06 04:09 PM
265 posts,
#93981, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah i like the siliva tails, i thought about doing the headlight conversion for one, or the is300. i will look around and see what catches my eye, i am in no hurry to just throw it together and be done with it

WIDECLIPSEMay-01-06 03:14 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#93983, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 10

They've got the vents in fiberglass and carbon fiber. Not really my thing, but good luck.

http://www.aerogear.net/products/Universal-NSX-air-ducts.htm

-Roman

BlackMagicMay-01-06 04:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#93993, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 11
May-01-06 04:44 PM by BlackMagic

I don't think the nsx vents look bad. Here is a pic of them on Jeremy's car (Aggression)

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

goalie40May-02-06 08:52 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#94002, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 11

goddy = rsx tails
goddy = f1 fenders
goddy = nsx scoop
goddy = s13 lights

air brush a dragon on the hood or some crap like that or just paint your last name on the door and call it a day

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

djtrickeeMay-02-06 11:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#94003, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by goalie40
goddy = rsx tails goddy = f1 fenders goddy = nsx scoop goddy = s13 lights air brush a dragon on the hood or some crap like that or just paint your last name on the door and call it a day

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gaudy

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

goalie40May-02-06 02:10 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#94006, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 15

The funny thing is thats how I spelled it at first but it didnt look right hehehe

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

2geclipselamboedMay-02-06 02:33 PM
265 posts,
#94007, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 16

not doing the rsx tails anymore or the silvia headlights...nsx air ducts are still going on though and i am putting in a sunroof not the roof scoop.

djtrickeeMay-03-06 05:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#94027, "RE: Exterior in progress"
In response to Reply # 16
May-03-06 05:39 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by goalie40
The funny thing is thats how I spelled it at first but it didnt look right hehehe

haha.

EDIT:
Suppost "gotti" would have worked too, since gaudy and gotti are one and the same...

To the OP... sounds like you just want to buy 1 of everything on ebay and slap it all on the same car. Its going to look horrible. Well, more than it already does. Might as well put 2 roof scoops on it since noone has done that yet and put some roof scoops on the sides and maybe on the hatch too.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #93969 Previous topic | Next topic